Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

MaydaX

Looks like RBowling hates the gaming communities.

http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/144679996240306177

Yeah, he's a real class act. I would like to snap off one of those little spindles he calls arms and beat him with it. Geez I hate that guy and his kiddie game.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/106101583#106101583

RICHOCHET!!

Hardcore Ricochet

We'll be converting all Hardcore modes to Ricochet variant as a response to team killing. This means, any friendly fire, is applied to the attacker, rather than the victim. So choose your shots wisely and any attempt to team kill will simply kill yourself."

• 1 month later...

http://community.callofduty.com/message/106065898

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Update History (All Platforms included)

TU1: Enabled Theater, Vault, Private Match options, Elite and Facebook functionality for Launch Day.

TU2: Fix for YouTube video upload on SD TVs. Matchmaking Improvements.

TU3: Theater Improvements (Fix to FF and RW in Theater), LAG improvements, Improvements to Hot Fix system.

TU4: Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay.

TU5: Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay.

TU6: Additional improvements to address lag. Fix for Melee Jump. Clan Tag Validation (remove buttons from clan tags). Improve Host Migration logic. Prevent stat loss when player loses connection from server (internet pull / drop).

TU7: Improvement to address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation" that caused hosts with good connections to be hindered. Plus ability to hot fix additional tweaks based on user feedback to this change.

TU8: Networking enhancements, Theater improvements and fixes, Further improvements to "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Comp", Increased speed of YouTube uploads from 32k to 256k, Nerf to all Akimbo weapons (reduced fire rate), Shotgun re-balance (Slight nerf to Striker, slight buff to all other shotguns), Fix that prevents some users from not receiving their prestige token after prestiging, fix stat bug that retains "games played" stat across prestiges.

(Note: TU8 is currently available on Xbox Live and is in certification on Playstation 3. It will be out shortly on all platforms soon.)

Hot Fix Updates (Released):

No Recoil glitch

Infinite Laptop killstreak glitch (Stealth Bomber Glitch)

Map Exploits (Getting into trucks, under maps) Fix

Prevent Slow-mo and Super Fast lobbies

Fire rate normalization for Assault Rifles with undermounts

FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)

Akimbo FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)

Type95 Re-balancing (Nerf) - Reduce hipspread.

Fix for ACR with Red Dot / Shotgun

Fix Type 95 bug related to dropping it.

Fix map exploits on Dome

PS3 Hitmarker Sound

Adjust direct impact damage a Semtex does to a Juggernaut (No longer 1 hit kill)

Improvements to "weighted matchmaking" to improve games for regions with low populations.

Improvements to the Spawn Logic and Spawn System.

Fix for the any Proficiency on any gun exploit.

Re-balancing and Updates currently in Development and/or Discussion:

Further improvements to the Spawn system

Improvement to PS3 Mic Quality.

HD Video Uploads on PS3

Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play.

Options to allow System Link players to 'unlock all' for competitive play in System Link only.

• 1 month later...

See a cheater in MW3, report them to twitter.

https://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/173122123114627072

@FairPlayMW3 Any players you find cheating, just report them to @InfinityWard (as that account is now ran by our Anti-cheat team).

I have it and the SP is good. MP is riddled with cheats and exploits.

I enjoyed the campaign of the previous games but not sure if its worth shelling out £25 on it when i know ill play the single player once and never touch mp.

• 3 weeks later...

Metacritic has lowered MW3 score to 79:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

While COD4 is still in the 90's:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare

Now I know why Robert Bowling resigned. :P

• 1 month later...

http://xifon.eu/mwsart/

End of the reporting tool

I can no longer guarantee that your reports are read or even looked at, so I've decided to stop handling reports from the tool.

Forum thread MW3sa

Full announcement

The text below is what I decided to post on the Steam forums. If you would like to reply, please do it there. I'll be reading the comments and I'll try to answer.

Hello reporters and other MW3 players,

I've decided to stop the reporting tool. This isn't an easy decision for me, but I have to be honest and tell you that I can no longer guarantee that Infinity Ward will handle your reports. Any reports that were submitted in the past two weeks have not been viewed by Infinity Ward and probably won't be.

The tool started as a nice little experiment for MW3sa, the server admin, where a centralized ban list would be used to ban known hackers and cheaters. I did some research and found out a way to handle these reports by getting them from the theater, and wrote some code for it. A few days later I saw a post on the Steam forums about a certain Ban Candy, and I decided to mail her about working together against cheaters.

She loved the idea and a first version of the tool was released. A lot of players started to send reports, Candice would view all of them and ban those who were cheating or hacking. We saw a nice drop in the amount of cheaters, we improved the tool's workflow even more and even more cheaters were banned.

However, things change rapidly at Infinity Ward. Because of all the reports, BanStache joined the team and we had two people handling the reports. At that point I got the feeling that Infinity Ward wasn't reading the reports anymore. But I kept sending them, hoping that I was wrong. A third IW employee was added to the team, BanWarden, but the reports kept queueing until at some point no report was received by them anymore.

Right now, not a single report has been received by IW in 16 days. Because of all the rapid changes in IW's team (oh, and Candice got promoted to another team), I gave them some extra time to start receiving them again, but that was a week ago and I haven't heard anything from them yet. I decided to tell the community they should stop sending reports, as Infinity Ward isn't going to look at them anyway.

The last report that IW received was on April 26th. Since then, more than 12500 reports have been sent. All of those are still in a queue, waiting for IW to receive them, but it's unlikely that IW will be doing that.

People, stop sending reports. We did a great job at the start, many cheaters have been banned, but it's over.

Thanks for reading,

Tom / Xifon

© 2012 Xifon.eu