Improvement Suggestions

Guest IcheBAN

Guest IcheBAN

I have moved this to a new thread so the other one does not get hijacked any more then it is.

Well at the request of Foxdie here is my list of things I think PBB could work on or add into there system.

Forum & Application management

Problem: I feel that your current system of handling new applicants by PM'ing an admin is sort amateurish and does not give people the professional appeal.

Fix: Have one central application form where new admins can fill out and submit that way all the information is stored in one place for PBB admins to see that way you don't have to bounce around from admin to admin and it allows for a quicker response.

Problem: As it stands right now your forum structure and navigation is some what lacking and confusing to find any information.

Fix: Clean up the forums and reduce the use of subforums upon subforums to allow for easy navigation to find the information needed. Keep pinned configs for each game in there respective forum.

Managing Streaming Servers

Problem: Right now it takes too long and too much hassel to add another server or change the port that your server is running on with you guys, each time your server port changes or you want to add/remove a server you have to PM an admin each time with the changed info and that can get very annoying again bouncing around from admin to admin to get what you need.

Fix: What you guys need is a control panel where streaming admins can login to check the status of there server or change there server information on the fly without having to wait through the slow PM system.

Problem: As not every one has java installed on there PC that creates a hassle for admins who want to use the jpat utility without having to download anything or typing in commands thru the command prompt to keep there servers up to date.

Fix: Develop a windows GUI program that all you have to do is install it to start using it and it makes it alot easier to get people set up and streaming when there is less you have to do.

Master Player Index

Problem: One large problem that alot of people will have between the PsB repository and PBB repository is the information that is provided to regular streaming admins and that is IP's full 32 digit GUID's and violations. As many admins are paranoid about there IP this will deter them from signing up.

Fix: restrict what the average streaming admin can see in the repository to protect clean players IP's and full GUID. What this also does is give you guys the ability to create another access level for leagues and other organizations to have access to more of the repository info and create an accentive for them to work more with PBB for a win/win situation.

Minor Problem One minor problem that I have seen is that in your repository it does not display when the player was first seen which can be very helpful in seeing how long the person has been playing or has baught a new GUID.

Fix: Add the info where it displays when the player was first seen in the repository that way admins can research potential recruits in there clan to see if they have bought a new key or not.

Problem: Right now as far as I know the only person that can get access to the player index is only the admin that has signed there clan up to stream.

Fix: Allow for the admin that is filling out the application to add a second admin's forum account to have access to the repository,streaming index, configs etc..

Screen shot submission

Problem: This one is more of a pain then a problem the issue is when you want to submit a screen shot to PBB you have to include the log file name and the text at the time the screen shot was taken from the logs and when you have a few of screen shots to submit it can be time consuming.

Fix: To set up a automatic system that when you upload the screen shot for submission it will automatically verify the integrity of the screen shot and post it for review.

Things that would be missed from PsB

Screen shot review/voting:

I would miss the screen shot review forums at PsB because its a good place to learn what to look for and what not to look for as well as it gets people involved in debating on what screen shots should be added to the banlist or not

PsB IRC Spambot

I would miss the IRC bot that PsB has that announces when new bans are added for each game and when screen shots are added for review among many other things it does.

Update Times

I would miss how often the PsB repository and banlist are updated several times a day rather then once every 24 hours.

Dynamic Signature

I would miss the dynamic signatures that PsB supplies that shows total bans,latest ban and streaming status because its a good way to show that you support anti cheating and you keep your servers as clean as you can.

I know some of these things are hard to create but you asked what I thought and I gave it to you.

Edited by IcheBAN

I have moved this to a new thread so the other one does not get hijacked any more then it is.

Well at the request of Foxdie here is my list of things I think PBB could work on or add into there system.

Problem: I feel that your current system of handling new applicants by PM'ing an admin is sort amateurish and does not give people the professional appeal.

Fix: Have one central application form where new admins can fill out and submit that way all the information is stored in one place for PBB admins to see that way you don't have to bounce around from admin to admin and it allows for a quicker response.

Problem: As it stands right now your forum structure and navigation is some what lacking and confusing to find any information.

Fix: Clean up the forums and reduce the use of subforums upon subforums to allow for easy navigation to find the information needed. Keep pinned configs for each game in there respective forum.

Problem: Right now it takes too long and too much hassel to add another server or change the port that your server is running on with you guys, each time your server port changes or you want to add/remove a server you have to PM an admin each time with the changed info and that can get very annoying again bouncing around from admin to admin to get what you need.

Fix: What you guys need is a control panel where streaming admins can login to check the status of there server or change there server information on the fly without having to wait through the slow PM system.

Problem: As not every one has java installed on there PC that creates a hassle for admins who want to use the jpat utility without having to download anything or typing in commands thru the command prompt to keep there servers up to date.

Fix: Develop a windows GUI program that all you have to do is install it to start using it and it makes it alot easier to get people set up and streaming when there is less you have to do.

Master Player Index

Problem: One large problem that alot of people will have between the PsB repository and PBB repository is the information that is provided to regular streaming admins and that is IP's full 32 digit GUID's and violations. As many admins are paranoid about there IP this will deter them from signing up.

Fix: restrict what the average streaming admin can see in the repository to protect clean players IP's and full GUID. What this also does is give you guys the ability to create another access level for leagues and other organizations to have access to more of the repository info and create an accentive for them to work more with PBB for a win/win situation.

Minor Problem One minor problem that I have seen is that in your repository it does not display when the player was first seen which can be very helpful in seeing how long the person has been playing or has baught a new GUID.

Fix: Add the info where it displays when the player was first seen in the repository that way admins can research potential recruits in there clan to see if they have bought a new key or not.

Problem: Right now as far as I know the only person that can get access to the player index is only the admin that has signed there clan up to stream.

Fix: Allow for the admin that is filling out the application to add a second admin's forum account to have access to the repository,streaming index, configs etc..

Screen shot submission

Problem: This one is more of a pain then a problem the issue is when you want to submit a screen shot to PBB you have to include the log file name and the text at the time the screen shot was taken from the logs and when you have a few of screen shots to submit it can be time consuming.

Fix: To set up a automatic system that when you upload the screen shot for submission it will automatically verify the integrity of the screen shot and post it for review.

I would miss the screen shot review forums at PsB because its a good place to learn what to look for and what not to look for as well as it gets people involved in debating on what screen shots should be added to the banlist or not

PsB IRC Spambot

I would miss the IRC bot that PsB has that announces when new bans are added for each game and when screen shots are added for review among many other things it does.

Update Times

I would miss how often the PsB repository and banlist are updated several times a day rather then once every 24 hours.

Dynamic Signature

I would miss the dynamic signatures that PsB supplies that shows total bans,latest ban and streaming status because its a good way to show that you support anti cheating and you keep your servers as clean as you can.

I know some of these things are hard to create but you asked what I thought and I gave it to you.

Well i must say these seem to be legit requests and all sound like they would bring a more user freindly function to the website and its services .

Only thing i would disagree with would be the forums .

In my opinion they are extremely neat and easy to function. (besides locating the list of streamed servers )

I think adding a pbssv function into the site were people could view there ScreenShots buy simply typing in there server ip and a organized list of players show up for selection to veiw their SS's .

That to me would bring much attention to the Site.

"Fix: Clean up the forums and reduce the use of subforums upon subforums "

They were cleaned up and reduced , this is about a 3rd of what it used to be.....

"Problem: Right now it takes too long and too much hassel to add another server "

Use jPAT, just add new IP and hit UPDATE .....

"restrict what the average streaming admin can see in the repository to protect clean players IP's and full GUID."

The whole point of it is to find out "IF" a player is clean or not.....kind of like a police background check...

"This one is more of a pain then a problem the issue is when you want to submit a screen shot to PBB you have to include the log file name and the text at the time the screen shot was taken from the logs " +

"Fix: To set up a automatic system "

"You" don't want to do the log work but you want " them" to create an auto-system ???

MY opinion : You typed alot about complaints on "slow" staff here, lots of log work to do and how "they" can\should create new ways to make life easier for you and others....Sry bud, to me it's pretty damn easy already and to be honest "THEY" did all the tough part of the job by creating PBBans and continue to upgrade daily on it in there spare time...

You gave your opinions, I gave mine...nothing personal....just opinions...PBBans staff do an excellent job for being regular people who don't get paid for there time...to ask them to do more so you can do less is kind of a low blow in my book ...If anything, a gaming\streaming admin should have to do more duties here so these creators of PBBans {and staff}can finally sit back and do less ;)

Edited by Tim

Huh? Click Here

I don't think so. And all our cfgs are available in MCI

Maybe. But you don't have to use only PM's. You can use PM,irc,icq,msn or TS2 too. And yesterday it took one admin about 10 mins to setup streaming.

As not every one has java installed on there PC that creates a hassle for admins who want to use the jpat utility without having to download anything or typing in commands thru the command prompt to keep there servers up to date.

If you install JRE, no cmd line is needed. I've choosen java because its platform independent.

One large problem that alot of people will have between the PsB repository and PBB repository is the information that is provided to regular streaming admins and that is IP's full 32 digit GUID's and violations. As many admins are paranoid about there IP this will deter them from signing up.

We provided us much info as is possible. I think we won't change it.

One minor problem that I have seen is that in your repository it does not display when the player was first seen which can be very helpful in seeing how long the person has been playing or has baught a new GUID.

Really I don't see reason what this is good for. We could do it from our logs but that info would be inaccurate. Not every server is streaming to us.

Right now as far as I know the only person that can get access to the player index is only the admin that has signed there clan up to stream.

This is not true partially. We give Game Admin status to co-admins.

next jPAT will do it.

my two cents.

Guest IcheBAN

Use jPAT, just add new IP and hit UPDATE .....

I have already touched on jPAT I am not saying its a bad program I am just giving my suggestion on what will bring in more admins.

The whole point of it is to find out "IF" a player is clean or not.....kind of like a police background check...

Removing the IP's of clean players does not stop you from seeing if they have been banned or not..

"You" don't want to do the log work but you want " them" to create an auto-system ???

Again.. I am not saying that I dont want to do the work I am just pointing out that not all the admins have the time or knowledge to dink around getting the info when it can be verified in a much easier way.

MY opinion : You typed alot about complaints on "slow" staff here, lots of log work to do and how "they" can\should create new ways to make life easier for you and others....Sry bud, to me it's pretty damn easy already and to be honest "THEY" did all the tough part of the job by creating PBBans and continue to upgrade daily on it in there spare time...

Yes I understand that everyone is a volunteer but they asked what I thought would bring in more admins to PBB and I gave it... But as it shows right now if PBB had what every one else needs/wants they would be over here...

You gave your opinions, I gave mine...nothing personal....just opinions...PBBans staff do an excellent job for being regular people who don't get paid for there time...to ask them to do more so you can do less is kind of a low blow in my book ...If anything, a gaming\streaming admin should have to do more duties here so these creators of PBBans {and staff}can finally sit back and do less ;)

Look at the big picture... Automated systems means less things PBB admins have to do.. more server admins coming in means more of them will be on the forums helping others set there servers up... its not benefiting only the server admins...

Edited by IcheBAN

PsB IRC Spambot

Update Times

Dynamic Signature

me thinks your at the wrong place, it seems like you and PsB are a much better fit that you and PBBans. Just a thought, but who the fuk cares what PsB does ??? certainly not anyone here. There is a reason why PBBans was formed.

Guest IcheBAN

me thinks your at the wrong place, it seems like you and PsB are a much better fit that you and PBBans. Just a thought, but who the fuk cares what PsB does ??? certainly not anyone here. There is a reason why PBBans was formed.

I put those there to give people an idea of what people are going to miss if they started streaming to PBB.. And I am giving you guys some insight on what server admins need/want and what will bring them in..

All I can say is that if you dont look at ways to bring in streaming admins then dont complain about how well PsB is doing and why ladder sites work with them.. Its not us as server admins who are missing out..

Honestly Iche i have listened to you and listened to you, we spoke on TS and MSN on a few things. i told you then Ill tell you again if you feel that it is so bad then leave. I make suggestions all the time but it is NEVER in comparison with PSB my suggestions derrive from the pure intent to see PBBANS be a better place not a PSB knock off. Things take time and like Tim said we volunteer for this and the ones that make these things happen have homes with wives and lil ones running around.

You need to get the hell over it and if you dont like it here then go back to psb and I would also like to note that I really question your intentions here at these forums this thread when I read it seemed to be a passive advertisement for the other site... I dont like that at all. So in closing if its that bad then GO.

Guest IcheBAN

You know and you are probably right as it seems every admin here cant see past "The other site" in regards to any ideas regardless if they have already been implemented there just good ideas :rolleyes:

I am not saying you should conform your organazation to be a "PsB Knockoff" I am just saying what will bring in admins and if you cant see that then so be it.. But its not too far off for people to compare anti cheats sites its like comparing yahoo and msn..

I really question your intentions here at these forums this thread when I read it seemed to be a passive advertisement for the other site...

What do you think my intentions are?? thats a prime example that you guys still cant get over PsB...

All in all when ever someone makes any suggestions you guys get deffensive and can't see the light..

Edited by IcheBAN

Iche,,I've never been to PsB forum or website till tonight,,,, I did go there tonight for a reason , to see if I've been wrong and you've been right....seems to me like your playing a ballgame in the major leagues...the only problem is your playing for both teams and trying to make 1 team more like the other...I'm going w\ others opinions on this....You still are a member there and you praise there work,,,maybe you should stay there....These people do what they can when they can and don't ask for bs....If It's not to your liking then maybe pbbans is the wrong place for you ...My goal here {when I'm not working or helping my kids} is to help here to stop cheaters...If it's not the best resource on stopping them then to bad, it's the one I choose to use AS IS . Is it the one you choose ? :unsure:

Why would we want to copy anything from psb ?

we have our own brains and dont need to steal ideas that they have come up with....thats not right

and if we are so bad as you say why are we still here?

there is new admins signing up every day that wants to stream...so it cant be as bad as you say :P

so if you have some sugestions that is your own and not a copy from psb then i will be happy to listen to them ;)

Guest IcheBAN

The suggestions I brought up is what admins are looking for... just because someone else uses a type of method does not mean its not a good idea or shouldnt be done..

If we all thought that way only one brand of car would have an air bag... :rolleyes:

Edited by IcheBAN

...Well at the request of Foxdie here is my list of things I think PBB could work on or add into there system.

The suggestions I brought up is what admins are looking for... just because someone else uses a type of method does not mean its not a good idea or shouldnt be done..

If we all thought that way only one brand of car would have an air bag... :rolleyes:

How did that turn into what the admins want. :dunno:

Guest IcheBAN

How did that turn into what the admins want.

:banghead: because I work with admins and help them with there server and PB and I know what makes things easier for them and what they want...

:banghead: because I work with admins and help them with there server and PB and I know what makes things easier for them and what they want...

I've seen no complaints from admins here so far wich leads me to believe that they are happy with they way things are and the way things work here. I personally couldn't give flying f*ck about psb or anythig they have, Do it their way or no way bullshit. Pbbans is fine the way it is.

I've seen no complaints from admins here so far wich leads me to believe that they are happy with they way things are and the way things work here. I personally couldn't give flying f*ck about psb or anythig they have, Do it their way or no way bullshit. Pbbans is fine the way it is.

:jam: :clapsmiley::clapsmiley::clapsmiley:

Problem: I feel that your current system of handling new applicants by PM\\\\\\\'ing an admin is sort amateurish and does not give people the professional appeal.

Fix: Have one central application form where new admins can fill out and submit that way all the information is stored in one place for PBB admins to see that way you don\\\\\\\'t have to bounce around from admin to admin and it allows for a quicker response.

MoC was looking at doing this same feature, as I also find it much easier for an game admin to update then me having to manually update the repository server and it was quicker..

(sorry i haven\\\\\\\'t read all the replies in this forum/post and i know this was resolved/mentioned later on in the post.)

yes I find the forums a bit confusing myself I think i looked in 4 different spots before i found what i was looking for, I like straight forward forums (but im simple at best :D)

I tend to agree here I mentioned above that it makes life easier for everyone if the game admin updates it when he/she needs to, hardest part is to figure out how to intergrate it into the ebrep software..

[quote}

Problem: As not every one has java installed on there PC that creates a hassle for admins who want to use the jpat utility without having to download anything or typing in commands thru

Edited by kcinc0gnito