Nuber 1 Banned by -=HELL=-

-=HELL=-Anialator

[04.05.2006 16:50:04] VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) #80023: spyfish (slot #10) Game File Mismatch: Engine.dll [c1eceba24513f5ce078b176455c93131(-) 62.179.250.37:1449]

I am proud to see my server is streaming perfectly to the pbbans anticheat community.

i check my sv_cheat and sv_viol log files every day and i often see people with a game hack kicked in the logs. So thats why i wanted to stream my server to pbbans. My server is 1 of the most populair ones on pipeline,almost constantely filled and whats more fun to a hacker then ruiin a full servers gameplay. Luckely my server is almost maximally protected aggainst hackers with over 2270 cvar and md5 checks i dont think its even possible to stay in the server more then 30 seconds.

hooah.

[04.05.2006 16:50:04] VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) #80023: spyfish (slot #10) Game File Mismatch: Engine.dll [c1eceba24513f5ce078b176455c93131(-) 62.179.250.37:1449]

:wacko1:

Guest IcheBAN

Are you not aware that not all GAMEHACK violations are cheats??

Here is another example of a similar violation..

[01.18.2006 22:24:26] VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) #80023: XXX (slot #5) Game File Mismatch: agp_inventory.u [XXXX(-) XXXX]

[11.26.2005 20:17:36] VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) #80023: XXX (slot #16) Game File Mismatch: Core.dll [XXXXX(-) XXXXXX]

Yes not all of them. We unban them if EB confirms false possitive

With the abilty to check each file against its md5 its alot easier to search for hacks .

and yes it is possible for file coruption during updates/patches more then not when the md5 is returned FALSE its do to user modification more then it is coruption .

Edited by (TSS)Hidinfury

:bigsmile3:

You do know thats a stock file right?

I think the point the guy was making was how fast PBBans streaming nailed someone {for whatever}right after he started to stream.....

Edited by Tim

Guest IcheBAN

I think the point the guy was making was how fast PBBans streaming nailed someone {for whatever}right after he started to stream.....

mmm no hes banned...and streaming would not effect how quickly someone gets flagged for a violation.

Edited by IcheBAN

Your absolutely right tim. Thats my point.

And yes i know those files are easily to get banned for even though someone is innocent.

1 of my admins is missing his aakarmacharackters file for whatever reason but i have a md5 check for that file. What happens if theres no md5 to check aggainst? "md5tool mismatch" and he gets kicked and on the pbbans banlist. But i know about the problem. So might it happen then i know xactly wot to do:p.

Im thinking of making my own md5 checks and cvars.

I got some brilliant ideas. Just hope i find the time to develoup them:D:D

Been thinking of it now for so long and now that i have my own honor server i think its priority to add a lil difference in cheat protection to my own server. Funny thing is,ive had the honor server now for over 2 minths and never had a cheater. If any cheater tried then he got kicked before he got the chance to hack the shit outta us.

I am proud to see my server is streaming perfectly to the pbbans anticheat community.

i check my sv_cheat and sv_viol log files every day and i often see people with a game hack kicked in the logs. So thats why i wanted to stream my server to pbbans. My server is 1 of the most populair ones on pipeline,almost constantely filled and whats more fun to a hacker then ruiin a full servers gameplay. Luckely my server is almost maximally protected aggainst hackers with over 2270 cvar and md5 checks i dont think its even possible to stay in the server more then 30 seconds.

hooah.

This guy should be removed from the banList the #80023 is often a no.cd.crack issue and is not a cheat .

1. #80023 violations are considered to be non-cheat. This violation can produce false violations and should not be considered as a cheat.

2.Mismatched MD5Tool File Check - communication errors - When one file is compared to a completely different file. ie: Mismatched MD5Tool File Check [cheat_name AT0 LEN16 : cheat_name AT0 LEN16]

3. Whitelist violations - (VIOLATION (FILE WHITELIST) #9012 ) Since there is no way to confirm an actual cheat is loaded into memory, the server just kicks the individual.

4.Mismatched Filename: ie: Mismatched Filename [Core.u : engine.u] - miscommunication with the pb_sv_filename check

Standard Non-Cheat Violations from EB.

Technical Violations: (Resolution: Reinstall PunkBuster from the latest game update patch)

#101 - Communication Failure

#102 - Communication Failure

#131 - Initialization Failure

#132 - Protocol Error

#141 - Distress (This indicates a problem trying to update to the latest version of PunkBuster - it may indicate a problem reaching one of our Internet-based Master PB Servers which can be caused by firewalls, router problems, etc.)

Miscellaneous Violations:

#111 - Bad Name (Resolution: Change player name or play on a different server)

#112 - Too Many Bad Names

#113 - Too Many Name Changes (Designed to eliminate name change spamming)

#114 - Protected Name (Resolution: Change player name or play on a different server)

#121 - Negative Score Too Low (usually from Killing Teammates)

#151 - Extended ASCII Characters in Player Name (Resolution: use regular letters, numbers and symbols in the player name or play on a different server)

#9001 - CVAR value failed range check

Integrity Violations:

When PunkBuster is unable to verify that a player's gaming environment is functioning properly and/or has not been alterred, an Integrity violation is raised. This also involves the detection of modified game or PunkBuster files. These violation numbers are between 10000 and 29999.

...and streaming would not effect how quickly someone gets flagged for a violation.

It helps alot quicker then a non-streamer,,, no ??? :bigthink:

"This guy should be removed from the banList the #80023 is often a no.cd.crack issue and is not a cheat .

1. #80023 violations are considered to be non-cheat. "

Thats the whole purpose of the "appeal" system .... :bigtup:

"This guy should be removed from the banList the #80023 is often a no.cd.crack issue and is not a cheat .

1. #80023 violations are considered to be non-cheat. "

Thats the whole purpose of the "appeal" system .... :bigtup:

So what your telling me is that we should leave a innocent player on a banned list until he apeals it when we know the reason for the bann was false . the #80023 issues is not a unknown problem its been discussed very much and there is enough information to support a false violation .

We all want our servers clean and safe , and i probably spend more time tring to out do the cheaters then i do playing games . But you can not let your quest to catch more cheaters violate innocent players .

So what your telling me is that we should leave a innocent player on a banned list until he apeals it when we know the reason for the bann was false . the #80023 issues is not a unknown problem its been discussed very much and there is enough information to support a false violation .

We all want our servers clean and safe , and i probably spend more time tring to out do the cheaters then i do playing games . But you can not let your quest to catch more cheaters violate innocent players .

Untill a md5 value verification has been done i dont think hes gonna get off the banlist.

Even thought we all know the chance of this person being a cheater is slim,its still possible he tried to use a hack which modified the gamefile.

"So what your telling me is that we should leave a innocent player on a banned list until he apeals it when we know the reason for the bann was false . the #80023 issues is not a unknown problem its been discussed very much and there is enough information to support a false violation ."

I'm w\ Fox on the issue , I'll leave w\ this last post .....

Who created "#80023 " ,,,was it here or PB itself ? If it is a known problem who would be the best to speak w\ on removing it from the system ,,here or at PB\EvenBalance ??? I'm w\ you 100 percent on it , if it always gets a false reading then so be it, remove it from the system if thats the case BUT is it always wrong ? Again, I'm asking because I myself don't know,,,i'm not asking to create a war ;)

weirrd thing is i cant find a md5 value of the file being returned anywhere in the logs so maby im being a noob and i dont know what the -=HELL=- im talking about but im hear to complete my knowledge.

Guest IcheBAN

Even if you did have a MD5 hash of that file it does not matter anyway because if the file was fine he would have not recieved the violation... And that violation can be caused by a bad install or a failing hard drive..

This guy should be removed from the banlist as there is no ground to prove that he was cheating..

sence you guys want to say your slogan so much I will say it for you "Quality over Quantity"

No streaming does not have an effect on if a player gets a violation or not...

weirrd thing is i cant find a md5 value of the file being returned anywhere in the logs so maby im being a noob and i dont know what the -=HELL=- im talking about but im hear to complete my knowledge.

here is a reference guide to PB violations . Perhaps we can get it into a STICKY.

AS for the #80023 // It began to create a problem in version 2.4 an 2.5 it was announced to be a false violation if you feel uneasy about unbanning him then perphaps file a support ticket with evenbalance first.

You can also GOOGLE THE TOPIC:RIGH HERE

Technical Violations: (Resolution: Reinstall PunkBuster from the latest game update patch)

#101 - Communication Failure

#102 - Communication Failure

#131 - Initialization Failure

#132 - Protocol Error

#141 - Distress (This indicates a problem trying to update to the latest version of PunkBuster - it may indicate a problem reaching one of our Internet-based Master PB Servers which can be caused by firewalls, router problems, etc.)

Miscellaneous Violations:

#111 - Bad Name (Resolution: Change player name or play on a different server)

#112 - Too Many Bad Names

#113 - Too Many Name Changes (Designed to eliminate name change spamming)

#114 - Protected Name (Resolution: Change player name or play on a different server)

#121 - Negative Score Too Low (usually from Killing Teammates)

#151 - Extended ASCII Characters in Player Name (Resolution: use regular letters, numbers and symbols in the player name or play on a different server)

#9001 - CVAR value failed range check (see the FAQ for more info)

Integrity Violations:

When PunkBuster is unable to verify that a player's gaming environment is functioning properly and/or has not been alterred, an Integrity violation is raised. This also involves the detection of modified game or PunkBuster files. These violation numbers are between 10000 and 29999.

Cheat/Hack Violations:

When PunkBuster detects a cheat or hack by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. Families of cheats are listed below. Resolution: Remove cheats and hacks from the computer.

#50000s - Aimbot

#60000s - Wallhack

#70000s - Multihack

#80000s - Gamehack

#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers

#100000s - Speedhack

#110000s - Autofire

#120000s - Game Hook

#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

Edited by (TSS)Hidinfury

Guest IcheBAN

obviously things had to be checked out before any ban removal was considered .. they have now been checked out and the ban removed

Well thats good to hear :)