(GameHack) #80017

ATF_Max

Does anyone know what this violation actually is? (GameHack) #80017 There was a player who recently got ban for this violation on our server and he swears he is not a cheat. Any information would be great.

Thanks

Does anyone know what this violation actually is? (GameHack) #80017 There was a player who recently got ban for this violation on our server and he swears he is not a cheat. Any information would be great.

Thanks

a player came into our irc channel in the early hours of this morning .. the convo (edited) went something like this:

[03:59] anyone here can answer a question?

[03:59] only if u ask it ;p

[03:59] ok

[04:00] what is gamehack 80017?

[04:00] a pb violation

[04:00] but what is it?

[04:01] pb has detected a known hack being used

[04:01] hmm

[04:01] Cheat/Hack Violations:

[04:01] When PunkBuster detects a cheat or hack by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. Families of cheats are listed below. Resolution: Remove cheats and hacks from the computer.

[04:01] #50000s - Aimbot

[04:01] #60000s - Wallhack

[04:01] #70000s - Multihack

[04:01] #80000s - Gamehack

[04:02] #90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers

[04:02] #100000s - Speedhack

[04:02] #110000s - Autofire

[04:02] #120000s - Game Hook

[04:02] #130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

[04:02] i have no idea wut it is

[04:02] is it on your pc ?

[04:03] been using my game for 6 yr & all of a sudden 2 weeks ago i got kicked from 1 server for 80017

[04:03] if you think pb has made a mistake you need to open a trouble ticket

[04:03] https://ssl.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/

[04:03] i uninstalled the game & reinstalled it & when pb updated i was kicked from this 1 server again

[04:04] the ban was issued directly from evenbalance themselves

[04:04] i have a troble ticket

[04:04] damn typos

[04:04] whats ur pb guid m8

[04:05] i checked the guid at pbbans & its clean

[04:05] i never asked that :)

[04:05] lemme find it

[04:05] tnx :)

[04:06] GUID = 662fca3ba9a83cad16f315e9d8cb1bdb

[04:06] what game is it ?

[04:06] q3

[04:08] i dont see that guid on either of the 2 main anti cheat sites banlists

[04:08] ty

[04:08] i dont cheat

[04:08] :)

[04:08] i never said that ;p

[04:18] finding out why i am pb banned from a server

[04:19] are u banned from all or just one server ?

[04:19] just 1

[04:19] for 2 weeks

[04:19] now

[04:19] then i would say its a locally applied ban

[04:19] thats wut i thought

[04:19] what makes u think its a pb gamehack ban

[04:19] they say its not

[04:20] they told be it was

[04:20] did they show u a log entry

[04:20] nope

[04:20] just told me on thier website

[04:20] and u can play other pb servers ok ?

[04:20] yep

[04:21] whats the website

[04:21] atf

[04:21] that aint a web link ;p

[04:22] http://www.atfclan.com/

[04:22] better ;p

[04:24] from what i see you got a pb kick for a gamehack

[04:25] then u made a mistake ;p

[04:25] u uninstalled and reinstalled

[04:25] that means if a cheat was being used it wud have been deleted along with all other files

[04:26] luckily the server was not streaming anywhere ..so it dont show on any other banlist

[04:27] but any chance of proving that a hack was not used has gone when u did the reinstall

[04:27] so i wud suggest ..play another server m8 lol

[04:28] i did the reinstall because i thought something got screwed up some how

[04:28] atf is looking into it

[04:29] to prove that it was a false positive wud mean getting assistance from eb staff to diagnose what triggered the violation ..because you did a full uninstall - reinstall, things have changed

[04:30] the ban will be on their pbbans.dat as a pb violation

[04:30] and only theirs

[04:30] but thats only coz they dont stream to an anti cheat site

short version depending what side of the fence your sitting on .. a player joins his regular server and gets a pb gamehack violation he immediately disconnects and uninstalls then reinstalls .. this in effect removes all traces of whatever it was that triggered that hack violation .. because your server is not streaming to an anti cheat site,the ban will only appear on your pbbans.dat and nowhere else .. so the player can connect quite freely to any other pb enabled server and not show any violation .. i dont know what your policy is m8 but i operate a zero tolerance policy on servers i run,and no matter what the excuse or circumstances i will never remove a bona fide pb detection catch unless evenbalance staff inform us that its a false positive :)

of course you know the player a lot better than me, but in my experience if you remove one such ban for nothing more than "he's a regular" and i think it was a mistake on pb part .. then you might be opening a can of worms for any others who are on your banlist .. how much is Q3 to buy these days :P .. thats all it would take on his part to be able to play your server again

sorry for the long post but i hope all this helps you out :D

Welcome to PBBans Max :)

i dont know what your policy is m8 but i operate a zero tolerance policy on servers i run,and no matter what the excuse or circumstances i will never remove a bona fide pb detection catch unless evenbalance staff inform us that its a false positive

I second that :)

You should think about streaming your server to PBBans ;)

Welcome to PBBans Max :)

I second that :)

You should think about streaming your server to PBBans ;)

Yes you should most definitely stream to pbbans this will make your server a much safer place for you and your friends to game on.

Note: great post Fozzer ::Amen

Thx everyone I needed Ager to realize what I was up against and where this left him in these circumstances. Yes ATF is Zero tolerance. I will check into streaming our server to you. Currently we are having a issue with Trinty Game Servers and we are not streaming but Im not sure where we were streaming our old server to. Thx again and If I or ATF could help you out let me know.

http://www.atfclan.com

Edited by ATF_Max

They never did answer the question Max.

Same problem I have when I ask it anywhere.

How can you fix something when nobody knows what it is?

I use to defend PunkBuster when peeps whined about it, but now I understand what they mean.

If pb is going to issue bans to peeps then they should have the decency to tell them what the ban is for, NOT some stupid number that means nothing - 80017(gamehack) WHAT IS A GAMEHACK???

And what is a 80017 - GameHack - as Max asked

How do you get it?

How can you get rid of it if no one knows what it is?

Why is deleteing the game wrong to get rid of it?

How can you get rid of something if you dont know what it is that you need to get rid of???

Answer thoses questions please.

They never did answer the question Max.

Same problem I have when I ask it anywhere.

How can you fix something when nobody knows what it is?

I use to defend PunkBuster when peeps whined about it, but now I understand what they mean.

If pb is going to issue bans to peeps then they should have the decency to tell them what the ban is for, NOT some stupid number that means nothing - 80017(gamehack) WHAT IS A GAMEHACK???

And what is a 80017 - GameHack - as Max asked

How do you get it?

How can you get rid of it if no one knows what it is?

Why is deleteing the game wrong to get rid of it?

How can you get rid of something if you dont know what it is that you need to get rid of???

Answer thoses questions please.

i thought the answers you received explained things perfectly Ager

1. a gamehack is exactly what it says on the tin .. you were detected by punkbuster as having an outside programme running that was flagged as a hack when in game

2. how do you get it - you download it and install it

3. when you first got it you should have opened a trouble ticket and a member of evenbalance staff would have helped you troubleshoot your game to find exactly what caused the violation to be raised

4. why is it wrong to delete and reinstall the game - its wrong because you have changed the gaming environment that caused the initial violation to be raised .. for all anyone knows you downloaded a cheat and when it got detected you immediately disconnected and removed it then claimed a false positive .. this has happened before so its important that your gaming environment is exactly the same as when the violation was first raised.

5. the server admin only has your word that you did not know what you needed to get rid of ..and by changing your gaming environment you lost the chance to prove otherwise .. who is to say that you did not install a hack / get caught / delete it / then claim it was a pb error because after the deletion your game shows clean on every other pb enabled server

conclusion: either play on another server or buy a new game so you can start afresh with a new guid .. no amount of whine on these forums will remove your ban from a server that does not even stream their logs to us and if ATF operate a zero tolerance policy no amount of whine will make them remove a bona fide PB catch from their pbbans.dat.

your lucky in one way .. if ATF had of been streaming here your ban would have been applied to a lot more servers than just one and you would not have even got so much as a forum account to post your gripes on :)

hopefully this time round you will understand the how's and why's and move on

thread will be closed in a day or so because in effect there is nothing more to say

Oh, so My anitvirus program set this thing off.

Because it is the only thing that would be running then I was playing a game.

I play on ATF server, Use to be alot till this.

My son is in ATF.

I have Zero Tolerance for cheating, But, I also have Zero Tolerance to be called OR to call others cheaters.

As for deleteing the q3 folder, If I had known that I should not delete it so EvenBalance could see what caused it. I wouldnt have.

Now you said that it was an outside program. If that is the case then I would still have that program on this computer. So Even Balance should be able to duplicate the condition.

If you like, You can call me at work and we can dicuss this. EDIT: Dont post your phone number in a public forum /mRx

Oh, so My anitvirus program set this thing off.

Because it is the only thing that would be running then I was playing a game.

I play on ATF server, Use to be alot till this.

My son is in ATF.

I have Zero Tolerance for cheating, But, I also have Zero Tolerance to be called OR to call others cheaters.

As for deleteing the q3 folder, If I had known that I should not delete it so EvenBalance could see what caused it. I wouldnt have.

Now you said that it was an outside program. If that is the case then I would still have that program on this computer. So Even Balance should be able to duplicate the condition.

If you like, You can call me at work and we can dicuss this. 301-846-4196-ext 149

and like i said ..nothing more to say .. its only your say so that only an AV programme was running and only your say so that you did not change anything else on your system after the initial violation was raised .. anything else to discuss .. update your trouble ticket