Thankyou PB

IceKing

I play the game ET. Thanks to a PB error my clanmate's reputation and our upcoming tournament is at stake. I understand PB looking over a cheater now and again, but players being falsely accused, is shocking. Why is PB so flawed?

I play the game ET. Thanks to a PB error my clanmate's reputation and our upcoming tournament is at stake. I understand PB looking over a cheater now and again, but players being falsely accused, is shocking. Why is PB so flawed?

well .. before a comment could be made your info is a bit lacking .. what error and plz post the ban link if there is one :)

never mind i found it myself

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=10849

firstly let me say that an md5 scan just does not select things out of mid air and randomly name them to that of a hack .. that file must actually be there to be detected :)

your clanmate was not falsley accused .. a routine pb md5 scan picked up a bot cfg and the pk3 in his game directory .. not one but two cheat violations relating to the same bot

not much doubt about it as far as i can see ..btw the md5 fingerprint that was streamed to an evenbalance repository was an exact match for the hack files found ..so much for the flaws :)

• 5 months later...

You have to remember 2 things important IceKing,,,every one is innocent till proven guilty ,,, almost everyone says they're innocent....these guys and EvenBalance always check to be sure a ban is correct....99.9 percent of the time they usually are :D

Yeah well the evidence against him is pretty strong. I bet he never even made an appeal even though I told him too. That's probably why he stopped playing ET too.

But is it possible that some evil overlord of madness decided to fake my friends guid and nick and get him banned? Or is that just wishful thinking? I still have a hard time believing my friend would use hacks.

ok thankyou I am convinced and happy to have found a new clan. To think that JK could call himself clanleader and cheat like this!

Well it is possible my owning him, drove him to madness/hacks :P

the last line of his appeal was:

and i don't have does files in my ETmain..

and I bet he doesn't now lolol .. pity he waited till after he was detected before removing them :P