pb hardware bans

colmusturd

hi

just out of curiosity what is a pb hardware ban and why would anyone recieve it. is it to do with cheating or can it be for lots of things.

col.

A hardware ban is where PB bans the series key assosciated with certain bits of hardware on your system. The basic solution is to buy a new PC

It gets issued mainly for PB Hacks or Video Card Hacks

thx for the reply. we have a regular on our servers who tried connecting. im not allowed to post screenshots or anything so thought i would find out why he/she had a pb hardware ban message come up preventing him/her from getting on our server. he/she was back on our server 10 minutes later but with a new guid. i dont want to ban them incase it was just a mistake, but i was already sure pb dont make mistakes like that. just wanted confirmation it would have been for a hack of some kind.

thx again.

col musturd

A hardware ban is where PB bans the series key assosciated with certain bits of hardware on your system. The basic solution is to buy a new PC

It gets issued mainly for PB Hacks or Video Card Hacks

Or get a new NIC? New NIC, new mac address, so would that get around a hardware ban, does a hardware ban by mac addy or something else? with a reformat of your HDD & a new NIC surely a hardware ban could be got around?

Or get a new NIC? New NIC, new mac address, so would that get around a hardware ban, does a hardware ban by mac addy or something else? with a reformat of your HDD & a new NIC surely a hardware ban could be got around?

evenbalance will never reveal just how or what the process is for issuing hardware bans - suffice to say that many have tried circumventing it and many have failed :)

evenbalance will never reveal just how or what the process is for issuing hardware bans - suffice to say that many have tried circumventing it and many have failed :)

cool :) cheers fozzer m8, i thought simple HW changes like that wud be too obvious tbh :)

Just for clarification:

The above mentioned player tried to connect about three times but couldn't get onto the server because of a pb hardware ban. Ten minutes later the player connected again with a new GUID and was able to play on the server.

How is this possible? I do not want an instruction on how this is being done!

I just can't imagine that a hardware ban can be circumvented by deleting the et-key.

Can we always be sure that a pb hardware ban is based on a cheat or can there be unfortunate circumstances in one's configuration to cause an (unjustified) ban? And even if so, is it really so simple to get on a server after 10 mins again without any inside knowledge of the whole matter?

How is this possible? I do not want an instruction on how this is being done!

I just can't imagine that a hardware ban can be circumvented by deleting the et-key.

nah you cant get around a hardware ban by just deleting the etkey :) But it aint hard to get around one tbh :( There is no 100% way to ban anyone from your server but the aim is to make it as troublesome and anoying as possible for someone to keep going to the trouble to play on your server, after all there are plenty of other servers that cater for these idiots.

we have our servers set up with streaming pb, about 1 week now. its catching plenty of cheats. great work pbbans.

Hi Col.

Its probably like i said in my reply to your PM.........the person has another pc in the house, deleted his guid on that pc, connected from that pc and got a new guid, or it was someone using that persons playing name so you would think it was the person you know.

It's amazing how people always have the answer to get around bans right away. :huh:

Is it already been practiced?????

For putting up links to bypass prior kicks or bans deserves the same. :angry:

Sorry, just my opinion.