Will continue..

Rogue7

Submitted a ticket yesterday when it happened. Checked it later today and says issue believed to be resolved. Resolved?? I am still banned. And whats the resolution. i know you are the admins and PB staff. But give me a break and try, just try to help besides the normal info "fill out a ticket" blah blah. You are supposed to be the cool guys....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submitted a ticket yesterday when it happened. Checked it later today and says issue believed to be resolved. Resolved?? I am still banned. And whats the resolution. i know you are the admins and PB staff. But give me a break and try, just try to help besides the normal info "fill out a ticket" blah blah. You are supposed to be the cool guys....

Maybe you dont know how things work so I will explain.

We are not PB staff, we are a privately run anti cheat site.

If a player raises a bannable violation directly attributable to PB software on a PBBans streaming server, as per this list;

Cheat/Hack Violations:

When PunkBuster detects a cheat or hack by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. Families of cheats are listed below. Resolution: Remove cheats and hacks from the computer.

#50000s - Aimbot

#60000s - Wallhack

#70000s - Multihack

#80000s - Gamehack

#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers

#100000s - Speedhack

#110000s - Autofire

#120000s - Game Hook

#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

The players server assigned pbguid is added to the Master Ban Index automatically.

The only recourse open to that player is to open a troubleticket with EvenBalance, explain all that has happened giving as much detail as possible and ask if its possible that this violation is not valid.

If EB say the violation is not valid the ban will be removed from the MBI.

If EB say the violation is valid the ban will remain.

It really is that simple.

You can continue all you want, but without a response off EB saying that the violation is not valid, there is no way a bannable violation and resulting ban will be removed.

If your just going to open new topics on the same issue but no real update to add, it could lead to a forum ban and thats no good for anyone.

I can do that...though i re-submitted it, asking what the resolution was.

Ticket

At the top it was in red saying it believed this was fixed, but I received no email or anything as to the outcome.

Now, please dont get irritated when I ask this.

If they say no, they wont lift the ban, then I am going to need some help removing whatever is causing the "hack/cheat". Anybody able to help?

Edited by Rogue7

But will they give me a reason or whats causing it? I mean if they say "no, were sticking with the ban", I have no idea how to get rid of whatever caused it. And even if I go out, get another game, who is to say whatever caused it the first time, it dont happen again?

Well make sure to indicate all your drivers versions and to mention all software that may interfere with PB and the game. This way you ensure they will give maximum attention to your ticket and maybe give you an helpful answer.

Rofl..maximum attention..

I have never had any problems before. So thanks to someone and EB, my name is stained.

Spoiled brat...yea, I usually get offensive when I am accused of something that I didnt do.

Edited by Rogue7

Rofl..maximum attention..

I have never had any problems before. So thanks to someone and EB, my name is stained.

Spoiled brat...yea, I usually get offensive when I am accused of something that I didnt do.

Are you deliberately being obtrusive ?

Dalynx is giving you sound advice and not taking the piss.

If you carry on in this vein I will apply a forum ban and you can go clear your good name with no input from here.

Your choice.

Found something maybe ya'all should know about, not being an arse, just trying to help. Sorry for the aggravation.

HEY Ladies and Gentlemen. I would like to add to what (name deleted) is gearing towards with this thread. BF2 is not the only game which THOUSANDS have been banned from. From what I'm reading, there have been as many if not more people banned from COD4 as there have from BF2. EVERY punkbuster enabled game is subject to the possibility of this exploit. The people behind this are doing it because they are hoping that EVERYONE will be unbanned and have a clean slate. (DELETE THIS INFO IF IT IS DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE but I thought my friends might find this useful information)

And I quote

Quote:

Now how did we manage to do that? Quite easy... Punkbuster - desperate to get our private cheats detected, thought it might be a good idea to randomly sniff any PC's physical (!!!) memory. Basically it's acting like a virus-scanner trying to find blacklisted sequences of bytes found in cheat files. Which is not even a bad idea - it's just been used badly. Give a monkey a gun and he shoots himself. Don't blame the gun...

First of all I was surprised to find my private chat aswell as passwords (paypal/online banking/...) just everything inside PnkBstrB's process memory. Thanks to (name removed) for pointing me to this.

Do you know what PB is doing with that data? Do you trust them? Of couse you do. Punkbuster never fails. I don't trust them. So I kept digging deeper. After a while I found out what rsHook got detected for: Some noob leaked the files to Punkbuster. As they couldn't manage to reverse or crack them, they've just added some random string to their signature blacklist.

Neither (name removed) nor I could believe what's happening here. All it takes to get kicked is to have that sequences of bytes in a computer's memory, and you will get kicked for #80332, even without hacks!!! That exploit ... no let's call it by it's real name

Large Stoopidness of evenbalance:

was asking to be exploited. As such we started looking into almost any Punkbuster game and found similar strings. Of course we could not resist to try this on a couple of servers and different games - with surprising results: We were able to kick players from almost any Punkbuster game for different violations.

Where's Punkbuster's defensive attitude here? To yield to despair? If those signature violations you people over in Texas made such a blown-up secret about (#Gamehack, #Multihack, #Aimbot) would be handled with precaution, just like the Corrupted Memory (fried RAM VS memory patch), thousands and thousands of CDKEYs wouldn't be banned and wasted for now!

In other words: YOUR FALSE POSITIVES already caused thousands of innocent people to be banned! Just imagine how many cdkeys have been wasted on Call of Duty 4 already because of that bug? Well alot of keys went down the lavatory eversince we found out, that's for sure

Edited by Rogue7

You were banned for Violation (MULTIHACK) #70514....not 80332. Your violation has not been confirmed by EvenBalance as a false positive. You need to resolve the issue with EvenBalance. If they state that your violation from Mar 26 was in fact a false positive, we will be more than happy to lift the ban. I can only tell you that as of this moment, the ban is valid and will not be lifted.

I realize all of that, and have submitted as you know. I know its not the same # violation. but I believe they were using that as an example. Am just saying that there are these people doing these things and whether ya believe it or not, there are innocent people being nabbed for this stuff.

Doing some more investigating on me own here..might want to check out this site. No...I dont go to this site. And yes,..was referred to it from a server admin that had just banned a guy by the same name that day.

Edit....do not post links to cheat sites here. We are already aware of them. Thanks.

You're in a private zone that only staff can see, so if you feel the need to post the site, by all means do. If you're ever un-banned, do not do so in public or SGA-related areas, use the pm feature to alert an admin. There's a difference there.

Secondly, I've personally seen enough from you in regards to taking on a snide-side to your issue. If you want help, then ask....but do so politely. The whole reason we keep this area at all is to help those who have recieved a ban, and it could end up being a false-positive, while giving them some benefit to the expertise of staff here, in how to achieve best results with evenbalance.

You have a couple of choices, the way I see it.

a) Be a dick about it, and for-ever hold your peace. We don't have to care, and I think you perhaps are getting that feeling.

B) Be polite, ask valid questions without the ignorant comments and rude remarks, and you will get as much help as we can legitimately give you. Thus achieving the most attention at evenbalance, and perhaps finding a faster resolve/answer to your particular situation.

The choice is yours. Work with us, we'll work with you.

Coming at us with attitude and such will just grant you a fast-track to never-land, and you can enjoy that else-where. I know we will. ;)

User action required, according to the ticket. Meaning you need to provide additional info at EB's request. Submit the updated info as per the ticket and perhaps this will be resolved.

The additional information they are asking for is if the ban is still there.

NOTE: This ticket is currently in a "User Action Required" state. This means that we need you to provide additional information to us. Please read the last note added to your trouble ticket.

04/02/2008 15:43:50 - "Glenn Courington"

Note #5: If your ban is still in place, please let us know.

Just asking, not starting a war/ argument/ fight..who lifts the ban if they (Evenbalance) are asking if its still in place. Perception is a killer, but it seems as if they are trying to get rid of it.

They want to know if you're still banned when you connect to a server that is PB-enabled. If so, give them the specific ban-reason. Either write it down and type it into the ticket, or take a screen-shot of it and send it to them, so that they can work with it specifically.

We're trying to help here, but you have to help yourself too, in regards to working with the situation, and include as many details as possible in the trouble-ticket, as well as keep us informed of the outcome.

Got ya, wasnt sure if they were looking for particulars..too easy.

Same thing i will type on the ticket, You have been banned on this Server by the Server admin.

Edited by Rogue7

If you are recieving that message, it means you are locally banned on that server. Not banned by EB or PBBans directly.

Could you include a link to your ban here, if such exists?