[RELEASE] COD4 Log Parse Tool

Ice Man

COD4 Log parse tool

Direct Download <---- Updated 9/1/2012

http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/COD4_Log_Parse;90712

cod4logparsetool.jpg

with this tool you can download your cod 4 logfile and it will extract all the chat and any other values or things that you want it to from the log file... save you a lot of time rather then looking through a 100mb file of text

Current Release Features:

* Includeds all in game chat in logfile

* allows you to search for certain words or pb violations

* allows you to save your parsed logfile including all server chat

* allows you to copy text from the logged file to your clipboard

Application: COD4Logparse

Author: Al Dorrington (AKA Hawkins)

Version: 1.0

Date: 6/1/08

Requirements:

A working computer and a log file

How to use the tool:

File -> Load Log File - opens the log file and starts parsing the output.

File -> Save Log File - saves the contents displayed to a file

File -> Exit - (I think you can figure out what this does, haha)

Options -> Include All Chat - displays all chat entries in the log

Copy Selected Text To Clipboard (button) - selected text in the window will be placed in the clipboard for pasting into other applications/windows.

Future Releases:

?

Release History:

1.0 - 6/2/08

Help:

go to http://www.rufclan.com and register on the forums, you should see information all the way on

the bottom of the forum

©Al Dorrington 2008

Edited by SuperTaz

Fantastic - will register on your site and grab this later.

Cheers mate :D

EDIT: ermm, it doesn't work... It just spits the log file back out. Any ideas? I don't get output like yours - mine still includes the entire lines from the log - although it does filter just for chat it seems. What is the wordlist.txt for? I don't see any highlighting or anything like that.

Edited by Duality

Fantastic - will register on your site and grab this later.

Cheers mate :D

EDIT: ermm, it doesn't work... It just spits the log file back out. Any ideas? I don't get output like yours - mine still includes the entire lines from the log - although it does filter just for chat it seems. What is the wordlist.txt for? I don't see any highlighting or anything like that.

What operating system do you have? the wordlist.txt is for filtering out stuff like if you want to lookup pb violations you can put that in there. or lets say you just want ot search for one bad word, you can put that in there and it will go through the whole file.

~Dan~

Im running on Vista SP1. What is happening is that the strings returned on each line do not appear like yours (just the player name) - they include the "say" command and the GUID etc. Is this wrong? As for the filtering, I see it now - nice :D

If you are missing output after someone's name in the chat, for example, if instead of seeing:

[RUF] Hawkinsthis is a test

you just see:

[RUF] Hawkins

Then the 'unprintable' character seperator (0x15) may be causing a display issue depending on what editor you are using. If you can't see it within the parser itself, then I can't really say without seeing a copy of your log file (or a portion of it that contains the glitch.)

I noticed that you are from the UK, so it could be possible that you are using a different character set than we are here in the States. If thats the case, I may need to make an update :)

Edited by Hawkins

Hello Hawkins, cheers for posting :)

My issue is, that although the word filter does work - the actual parsing is not. For example instead of getting:

SB|- Duality: LOL

I get:

345:22 say;;2;SB|-Duality;: LOL (or however the format of the log is)

on each line. I will register on your forums when I get home tonight, and we can discuss it - and I can post up some examples of our logs and the output from your program :)

Cheers again mate.

I posted this on our forums, but wanted to repost here as well, in case anyone else is interested:

Hi Duality,

Thanks for stopping by to let me know about the issue, I saw your post on the PBBans forum as well.

What you are seeing is actually exactly what you should be seeing icon_e_smile.gif

The parser displays the entire line of a log file that contains matches to the contents of the wordlist.txt file and/or the lines containing chat (with the CTRL-U character 0x15)

The example screenshot that Ice Man posted shows the parsed output of the 'console_mp.log' file. Its contents are different from the 'games_mp.log' file which you are parsing.

The console_mp.log is more for server/console related messages, and does include player chat.

The games_mp.log file contains much more detailed information, including player chat, statistics for kills/hit locations/weapons used, etc. (a lot of information)

So if you are looking for cleaner output I'd recommend parsing the console_mp.log file instead.

I think this is what is going on, if I'm misunderstanding something, let me know icon_e_smile.gif

Hawkins

Edited by Hawkins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

our site is having some issues but it should be back up soon so sit tight!

working again... if anyone tried to download recently and it didnt work please try again :)

thanks,

~Dan~

PS. we are working on an update that will make it much more useful so sit tight

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...