Restriction:Disallowed Program/Driver [90042]

lopies

Just today this error started on my clan server:

PB Bans Information Center codes is a 'Cheat' Video Drivers'.

I have never condoned or used hacks. I have also opened a ticket with Punkbuster.

Any thoughts?

=XD=BadKarma

Edited by lopies

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a global guid ban and as such PBBans cannot help you.

The trouble ticket you have started is your best effort at resolving this.

Remember to supply as much information you can, including driver details and what processes were running at the time of the kick etc.

good luck.

@(*0*)@

The trouble ticket you have started is your best effort at resolving this.

Remember to supply as much information you can, including driver details and what processes were running at the time of the kick etc.

good luck.

@(*0*)@

I have the same issue... my system was working great at 5pm tonite and now at 9:30pm tonite.. I get the same error.. even with the updated PB and video drivers..

AHHHHHHHHHH.........

what is Punkbuster doing... what Vid card are you using...??? Me 9800gtx...

this sucks can't even play on my own servers...

Slayer(ACC)

Trouble Tickets with evenbalance.com are not just for cheaters, but also for people who have problems with the punkbuster software.

Open a ticket, and include as much information as you can. Include things like operating system, drivers installed, hardware installed, software running in the back-ground, anti-virus, you name it, list it. More detail, rather than less.

Also, ask the question, Is this a valid detection?

Lopies wrote:

I have never condoned or used hacks. I have also opened a ticket with Punkbuster.

Any thoughts?

Well, all I can say is that I have exactly the same report...

How the hell is this possible??? I played tonight on my own server, am an administrator and we're streaming to pbbans to keep all cheaters out. I didn't alter anything in my PC, OS, drivers or WHATEVER in these few hours between tonight and now...

The reply to provide as much information as possible, to me, is not very valid because I already see that it happended with an 9800GTX card as I am using a 8800GTS card with standard drivers which have not been updated for weeks or months. Mind you: like I said this night there was no problem at all!

And suddenly this... this is really bad and the problem can't be on the players-side and I expect a lot more problems with other players who get the same error. I hope PB will dig into this very quickly.

Trouble Tickets with evenbalance.com are not just for cheaters, but also for people who have problems with the punkbuster software.

Open a ticket, and include as much information as you can. Include things like operating system, drivers installed, hardware installed, software running in the back-ground, anti-virus, you name it, list it. More detail, rather than less.

Also, ask the question, Is this a valid detection?

Couldn't agree more.

And, IF you ask me.. no it's not a valid detection. And I was not able to find a ban because of that...

I seriously doubt that a program, which allows you to stream information to a website and create a live signature with them (NOT Gaming related) is a CHEAT and how would that cause "a global guid ban"... <_<

I have the same issue... my system was working great at 5pm tonite and now at 9:30pm tonite.. I get the same error.. even with the updated PB and video drivers..

AHHHHHHHHHH.........

what is Punkbuster doing... what Vid card are you using...??? Me 9800gtx...

this sucks can't even play on my own servers...

Slayer(ACC)

Here are my specs:

Silverstone TJ07 Case | XP Pro SP3 fully updated | EVGA nForce 680i SLI | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 | Thermaright Ultra 120 Extreme (Hand Lapped) | 2 gb of Patriot Extreme Performance PC2-6400 @ 4-4-4-12-2T | Samsung SyncMaster 245BW Gaming Monitor | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Power Supply | 2 Western Digital 74gb Raptors in Raid 0 | Western Digital 500gb Caviar SE16 | 20x Samsung SH-S203B DvD Rewriter | 2 EVGA 8800 GTX's @ 630/2000 | Razer Barracuda AC-1 Soundcard | Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headphones | Razer Tarantula Keyboard | Logitech 518 Mouse | Logitech Z-5500 Speakers

=XD=BadKarma

Lopies wrote:

Any thoughts?

Well, all I can say is that I have exactly the same report...

How the hell is this possible??? I played tonight on my own server, am an administrator and we're streaming to pbbans to keep all cheaters out. I didn't alter anything in my PC, OS, drivers or WHATEVER in these few hours between tonight and now...

The reply to provide as much information as possible, to me, is not very valid because I already see that it happended with an 9800GTX card as I am using a 8800GTS card with standard drivers which have not been updated for weeks or months. Mind you: like I said this night there was no problem at all!

And suddenly this... this is really bad and the problem can't be on the players-side and I expect a lot more problems with other players who get the same error. I hope PB will dig into this very quickly.

Same thing here. I was playing earlier in the morning then tried in the evening and POW!...error I hope they get back to me soon. I need to frag or I'll die... :)

=XD=BadKarma

Same thing here. I was playing earlier in the morning then tried in the evening and POW!...error I hope they get back to me soon. I need to frag or I'll die... :)

=XD=BadKarma

I havent send them anyhthing yet. I tried to update my drivers but this is bringing me problems with DirectX... Trying to uninstall these new drivers this evening and putting the old ones in place again.

See what works...

[sarcasm] Thanks PB! [/sarcasm]

[AK]AlphaW0lf

I havent send them anyhthing yet. I tried to update my drivers but this is bringing me problems with DirectX... Trying to uninstall these new drivers this evening and putting the old ones in place again.

See what works...

[sarcasm] Thanks PB! [/sarcasm]

[AK]AlphaW0lf

I tried updating my driver from 175.16 to 177.66 and still no joy.

=XD=BadKarma

Edited by lopies

Please keep in mind that troubletickets with evenbalance are not just for people with cheat/ban issues.

They are also for honest players to troubleshoot anything untoward that is PB related. :)

Restriction:Disallowed Program/Driver does not incur a ban of any type.

If cheat video drivers are detected the violation information would read "(VIDEO DRIVER HACK)"

Both are in the #90000 group, but as you can see, there is a difference between the 2.

Good! A clear reply, thank you very much at first!

But... what would you recommend then? I tried installing the new drivers: causing DirectX issues. So I deleted the new drivers, put the old ones back, installed the DirectX on the COD4 DVD but still when I fire up COD4 it says: DirectX: unrecoverable error.

I wish I had never installed those new drivers... So now I'm uninstalling COD4 and installing it back again with the DirectX from the DVD and hjope this works to get COD4 working again, but then... I guess PB will still detect the Video/Program issue failure 90042.

What else can I do if this is not a global GUID-ban (although I doubt it because I cant join other servers than my own either)

If you are raising a restricted driver violation, joining other pb enabled servers is not going to make the problem disappear :)

There are a multitude of of Disallowed Program/Driver numbers and only EvenBalance know exactly what they pertain to.

If this was me the first thing I would do is google it :P

google result

If I got no joy on google I would open a troubleticket with EvenBalance and ask for some assistance with tracking down the culprit.

Whenever making a query of this type it will assist the evenbalance staff enormously if you can provide a list of programmes that are running when you join a PB enabled server. (anti virus/firewall/ chat programmes/ etc etc)

Please try to be a little patient, as you can imagine, Evenbalance staff receive a hell of a lot of tickets on a daily basis (I bump mine every 4th day)

I read about someone posting 38 troubletickets on the same issue and was wondering why he never received a reply :P one will suffice and as long as you are willing to play ball with evenbalance you will find that they are more than willing to play ball with you.

troubleticket link (if required) and best of luck. :)

If you are raising a restricted driver violation, joining other pb enabled servers is not going to make the problem disappear :)

There are a multitude of of Disallowed Program/Driver numbers and only EvenBalance know exactly what they pertain to.

If this was me the first thing I would do is google it :P

google result

If I got no joy on google I would open a troubleticket with EvenBalance and ask for some assistance with tracking down the culprit.

Whenever making a query of this type it will assist the evenbalance staff enormously if you can provide a list of programmes that are running when you join a PB enabled server. (anti virus/firewall/ chat programmes/ etc etc)

Please try to be a little patient, as you can imagine, Evenbalance staff receive a hell of a lot of tickets on a daily basis (I bump mine every 4th day)

I read about someone posting 38 troubletickets on the same issue and was wondering why he never received a reply :P one will suffice and as long as you are willing to play ball with evenbalance you will find that they are more than willing to play ball with you.

troubleticket link (if required) and best of luck. :)

Thanks Fozzer. Luckily I got COD4 working again now and put my player profile back again so I didnt lose my level. Still the problem is there, so I will open up atroubleticket now. My attitude is a bit milder now COD4 is working again :)

Thanks and keep you posted all.

Just a quick thing I forgot to mention.

If you open a ticket and are not offered scantool, please request it.

This tool will help evenbalance staff to troubleshoot your issue.

PLEASE tell me what you get for an answer if any, i heard they don't seem to answer often because they are "Busy" But i have the exact problem and it seems like it was at the same time as yours too.  Never did anything to tamper with the PB but it sure gets annoying.  Anyways tell me if you get any info on it. Thanks <br>

Restriction:Disallowed Program/Driver does not incur a ban of any type.

If cheat video drivers are detected the violation information would read "(VIDEO DRIVER HACK)"

Both are in the #90000 group, but as you can see, there is a difference between the 2.

There is a bit of confusion <_< Hopefully fozzer is right, otherwise I would have been banned... loads of times.

PLEASE tell me what you get for an answer if any, i heard they don't seem to answer often because they are "Busy" But i have the exact problem and it seems like it was at the same time as yours too.  Never did anything to tamper with the PB but it sure gets annoying.  Anyways tell me if you get any info on it. Thanks <br>

It would be useless. Every PC has its own processes running... so it's like you send a friend to your doctor pretending to solve your problems (when your friends has headache and you have a broken leg)...

Well they just requested my background processes. I hope they can find the culprit. I will definitely keep you posted of anymore updates. I'm having flashback's Vista 64 and Enemy Territory. They could not find a fix for me. I had to reinstall xp to get pb to play ball.

=XD=BadKarma

Edited by lopies

Been working on same problem all nite, all day, all nite, installed new hdd with different new OS, XP PRO SP2, installed game from my CD with confirmed good key and no better still same crap. Look like must be PB having problem with maybe our internet, I have Quest DSL with 2wire (brand), model HG2701-D modem/router in one. Now have few more problems, but even gives the same error on version 1.6 "restiction, disallowed program/driver (90042)" Please let us know, I too finally got a reply from ticket asking what else is running, to do scan and send to them, now waiting again.

edit: forgot to mention, I too run AVG for anti virus with XP pro on all of them. even though One PC still has old AVG 7.5 version all 4* of them are getting the "90042" code, that are on my modem. I was thinking next step is try a different COD4 CD & key, or take one to another location to try a different ISP.

* my son's have the same error

Edited by Sparky Sr

Well, I doubt that the internet connection is the problem. I ahve two PC's here. One Vista and one XP, with both legitimate copies of COD4, so two different key codes. I use one (AlphaW0lf) for playing and one (WatchDog) for speccing for campers. The WatchDog / XP machine i giving me the problem with 90042. The Vista machine is still working fine.

On the XP machine I use AVG as AV, on the Vista I use NOD32. I shut down ALL AVG-processes, but to no good. Like I already mentioned, I didnt install any programs in these few hours, an thougt I had the solution by setting a restore point of a few days ago: no good. Going to fill in a form right now.

Have any of you gone directly to the evenbalance.com website and manually downloaded the latest version pbsetup.exe ?

I recently switched from Vista 32x to Vista 64x and ran XP home prior to this, with no such issues. ET runs perfectly for me on Vista 64x, as does COD4 and ETQW.

I run AVAST for an a/v program.

Also, in Vista, either right-click the program icon and select properties, and check the option to run as administrator, or simply right-click the icon and select it each time. Just some possible options.

I have been wasting my time on evenbalance for 3 days, installing it every way possible. Since another $50.00 bucks at walmart gets me back in the game there was no problem with MY PC or MY INTERNET. The ONLY problem is EVENBALANCE SCREWED ME FOR NO REASON and IF they ever fix it I'm still out the $50.00 more plus three days installing OS, HDDs, 9.0c, Games, etc. I would have rather played with cheaters in the game than be cheated like this. As it stands now, EVENBALANCE is the BIGGEST CHEATER OF ALL. And I'm still waiting on them.

I have been wasting my time on evenbalance for 3 days, installing it every way possible. Since another $50.00 bucks at walmart gets me back in the game there was no problem with MY PC or MY INTERNET. The ONLY problem is EVENBALANCE SCREWED ME FOR NO REASON and IF they ever fix it I'm still out the $50.00 more plus three days installing OS, HDDs, 9.0c, Games, etc. I would have rather played with cheaters in the game than be cheated like this. As it stands now, EVENBALANCE is the BIGGEST CHEATER OF ALL. And I'm still waiting on them.

You might find that installing everything again, and buying a new game finds you at the same point. TT's can take up to 24 hrs for one response, per customer.

Bear in mind, EvenBalance staff have their hands full with TT's and this is the very reason you may not get an instant response.

Patience, and politeness will get you further than simply demanding and stamping your feet.

There's lots of information within this very thread that can help you, if you're willing to work with the situation.

A point that is also needing to be made here. There are a number of people with the same issue, but all of you run various different hardware, software, operating systems, etc, and an in-depth investigation is needed, and the time to do so.

You have two choices. Be a part of the solution, or simply, a part of the problem.

Being a part of the solution will be helpful to the gaming community at large.

The latter isn't even going to help you, let alone anyone else.

True, I filled out my ticket and waiting for an answer.

At the same time I'm reading all kinds of forums also in German and they said that a lot of players used the G15 gaming keyboard. I also did that on that PC, not now anymore, but the drivers are still on it. PB saw the macro's on that keyboard as a possible hack. Don't know if that'll fix it, but goigf to uninstall these drivers as they are no use anymore and will let you know if that solves it.