Restriction:Disallowed Program/Driver [90042]

lopies

I have been wasting my time on evenbalance for 3 days, installing it every way possible. Since another $50.00 bucks at walmart gets me back in the game there was no problem with MY PC or MY INTERNET. The ONLY problem is EVENBALANCE SCREWED ME FOR NO REASON and IF they ever fix it I'm still out the $50.00 more plus three days installing OS, HDDs, 9.0c, Games, etc. I would have rather played with cheaters in the game than be cheated like this. As it stands now, EVENBALANCE is the BIGGEST CHEATER OF ALL. And I'm still waiting on them.

True, I filled out my ticket and waiting for an answer.

At the same time I'm reading all kinds of forums also in German and they said that a lot of players used the G15 gaming keyboard. I also did that on that PC, not now anymore, but the drivers are still on it. PB saw the macro's on that keyboard as a possible hack. Don't know if that'll fix it, but goigf to uninstall these drivers as they are no use anymore and will let you know if that solves it.

Spot the difference.

There are ways and means of attaining positive feedback, be it on here or within a troubleticket.

I know which approach I would take :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do use a G11 which is a twin to G15 with installed drivers, I never use the gaming keys on far left. Keep me posted. As they may soon ban my current new CD key.

Edit: .. Sorry for previously airing my rage, just shows how bad I needed to kill something (had been 3 days). The new key from walmart has allowed me to do that and I now feel much better. BUT,if it is possible for my keyboard driver to ban another CD disk key, I need help fixing it fast, Thank You, Please stick with us.

Edited by Sparky Sr

Put in new HDD today as 2nd drive, installed vista this time, nothing else but game and update to 1.7 no drivers or Av at all. Old key still gets same message. New key plays fine. So the problem must be with Evenbalance/punkbuster only, not in our PCs or internet. Right???

New key works on both OS but leary of using it with my original XP harddrive. What's the next step?

Old key still gets same message.

Well, bans ARE permanent. They don't go away no matter how many times you reinstall your operating system... If you still wish to pursue your trouble ticket I wish you luck.

Thanks all for your reply's... and Thanks Again Roadie.. you are the man..

Just hanging out and waiting for Punkbuster to do their thing.

If you create a ticket send them the services that you are running while in the game and ask for the Scan Tool as well.

Thanks again .. I will keep ya posted..

Slayer(ACC)

No prob on the extra help, and perhaps aiming you back to this thread, as well. Lots of good information here, and evenbalance will work with those who are willing to work with them.

I first experienced this problem Friday night while at home on my desktop. I immediately submitted a ticket at evenbalance.

I left home Saturday morning to visit family, and was looking forward to game on my laptop. To my surprise, I received the exact same ban on my laptop.

I submitted a ticket and gave them a listing of processes running in the background.

I really think this is a key ban since some have reported that by just changing the key solved the problem.

I have none of the same programs running on the laptop vs. the desktop. I'm at a loss on what to do and really don't want to spend another 50 bucks on another copy of the game so I can play. I'd like to solve this issue and determine what caused it in the first place so that it won't happen again if I do fork over more money for a new key.

Oh, one more issue. I play BF2 as well. If it was a driver issue, wouldn't PB catch that driver while playing BF2 as well? No errros when playing BF2.

I refuse to play on non-PB enabled servers because I seriously despise hacks and cheats. I'm seriously at a loss on what to do next. Submitted a ticket, now I suppose I'll just wait and request a scan tool like others have mentioned in this thread.

Edited by Diesel1966

Well, I hope you get an answer soon Diesel, I'm waiting three days now and still nothing.

I uninstalled the G15 drivers but that wasn't no solution either for me. Tried updating my ATI-drivers but that gave me another MAJOR problem that I'm still trying to fix on that PC right now: an error message saying: DirectX detected an unrecoverable error...

I got so frustrated in the end that I installed everything new but that message still comes up, so really everything's pretty messed up right now and that all only because of 1 PB-message saying 'Disallowed program/driver [90042]'... Otherwise I wouldn't have altered anything on my PC, because: 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' is a slogan I always put into practice.

Needless to say that I hate cheaters too (that's why we're streaming to pbbans) but right now I'm really starting to (hate is not the right word, but maybe 'dislike' is friendlier) the PB-program/driver/software/not-responding helpdesk too... :angry: :rolleyes:

I am starting to think it has something to do with the G15 keyboard as I have one also and this happend to me the same night. ODD..

But we have to give them the chance to remove the restriction off of our CD Key.. no matter what you try on your end, as long as you are using the same CDKEY it will not work until they remove the restriction on it.

Thanks Slayer(ACC).

Keep us informed.. and hopefully we will be fraggin again soon..

Hi all!

I have this problem from Saturday. Created troubleticket, sent a list of processes, but had not yet received a response.

But...

Today I bought a new disc with game, in the game changed the key to a new and PB stopped kick!!! o_0

Update;

from Glenn Covington @ PB tech support his reply to me was: "It is being addressed as quickly as possible. Please bear with us."

Source forum;

click me

I just sent this a email to PB.

Can I please get a response? It's been 4 days with no answer. This is obviously a PB problem and I would not like to buy another copy of Cod 4 to fix the problem as others have done.

Thank you.

I'm really getting frustrated with this now. Please forgive my rant. Has anyone else received a response yet?

=XD=BadKarma

Edited by lopies

Tuesday I sent an email to [email protected], and recieved the following reply from Glenn Covington @ PB tech support, which appears they haven't realized it is their fault yet, by saying "we do not see any reason to disregard this violation". see reply below:

"If you have created a ticket, you will be answered there. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, and we are looking into it. At the moment, we do not see any reason to disregard this violation. If it is found that that it needs to be removed, we will do so."

If thats the case Im gonna close everything down and see if I still get it.

Edit:

alg.exe

avgemc.exe

avgrsx.exe

avgwdsvc.exe

csrss.exe

cthelper.exe

explorer.exe

helpctr.exe

lsass.exe

ntuneservice.exe

nvsvc32.exe

pnkbstra.exe

pnkbstrb.exe

rundll32.exe

smss.exe

spoolsv.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

winlogon.exe

wmiprvse.exe

still getting kicked.

Edited by H! Vltg3

All,

Just and update. Nothing of yet. The only official response I did recieve was after the initial submission of my troubleticket requesting that I provide them a list of what services were running in the background.

If thats the case Im gonna close everything down and see if I still get it.

Edit:

alg.exe

avgemc.exe

avgrsx.exe

avgwdsvc.exe

csrss.exe

cthelper.exe

explorer.exe

helpctr.exe

lsass.exe

ntuneservice.exe

nvsvc32.exe

pnkbstra.exe

pnkbstrb.exe

rundll32.exe

smss.exe

spoolsv.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

winlogon.exe

wmiprvse.exe

still getting kicked.

Wow so there saying its something on your end? That doesn't make me feel any better. I have done a whole reinstall from a backup image and reformatted from scratch and still I am getting the error. It looks like there looking these at a case by case basis. If that's the case we could be here for a very long time... :(

=XD=BadKarma

If you google it this occured to alot of people last Friday. THe common denominator I've seen so far seems to be XP for 1...not Vista...and alot of ppl were using the Free new AVG.

I have bought a new HD and re-installed OS and game ..no A/V and problem still exists, but maybe it was triggered by my old install running AVG.

Either way....there is an issue and it is PB's fault.

V

Does anyone really think PB wil admit to ruining alot ...and if you google it...alot of ppl's cd key.

Prob not and they ll pretend like life goes on. I refuse to buy another copy of the game when it 's their fault.

Maybe a guy needs to send a note to InfinityWard to let them know ppl are being forced to buy new cd's due to the software(PB) that they pay maintenance fees to.

Can't wait until PB gets some competition in that market so it keeps them honest and not forgetting the legit ppl using their software by no choice when they game.

V

Just got an email from Evenbalance.

No explanation but in response to a letter I wrote yesterday.

"You should not be banned, and you should find that you are not receiving this kick at this time."

I don't know what the issue was or if you all are fixed.

I surely hope so.

I've checked and I'm working again. Good luck all.

Just got an email from Evenbalance.

No explanation but in response to a letter I wrote yesterday.

"You should not be banned, and you should find that you are not receiving this kick at this time."

I don't know what the issue was or if you all are fixed.

I surely hope so.

I've checked and I'm working again. Good luck all.

Hi Diesel,

congrats on getting it back online agian, but...

maybe you could cpoy and paste your letter to PB here, so we all can just change our name at the end and send that mail to them, because they dont respond on my troubleticket 5 days ago...