PunkBuster coming to Call of Duty World at War

MaydaX

COD6 :blink: We haven't had COD5 yet.

Agreed. :blink:

Here's an Email I got yesterday

Call of Duty 4 fans were ecstatic with joy last week, after an announcement from Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision/Blizzard. The announcement was that a "brand new" Call of Duty is slated to release in 09.

The announcement was no big surprise to fans who have been keeping up with Activision the past few years. The publishing company decided to go with a dual-developer setup with their Call of Duty franchise. This way when one game is released, they can already have their second developer working on the next title. With this setup, Activision could easily have a Call of Duty game churning out every year. Kotick didn't give a particular 'quarter' in 09, so we could be waiting until the end of next year for another COD fix (after Call of Duty: World at War releases this year).

Infinity Ward hasn't officially announced their newest project, but it's a lock that the game is COD related. So the question remains, 'where is IW going to go with their next project?'

With Call of Duty: World at War, Treyarch decided to go back to WWII only in a Pacific setting instead of Europe. Is Infinity Ward going to stay with modern combat, or are they going to try a different time period? If I happened to be in charge at IW I would tap into the Vietnam War era. With the graphical prowess of computers and consoles you could easily pull off a jungle setting. In COD4, IW was able to create an emotionally powerful story, and Vietnam is a perfect setting to continue this trend.

• 1 month later...
Anyone know if they would be bringing out a demo for COD World At War ? I would like to try it out before I decide to purchase it... ;)

I think they have with every other version why not?

Anyone know if they would be bringing out a demo for COD World At War ? I would like to try it out before I decide to purchase it... ;)

Yes - Demo or 'beta' as they call it will be out in October for both Xbox360 and PC - Multiplayer by the way.

• 1 month later...

It Is Live now

Multiplayer Beta was released today - register on www.callofduty.com and will give you a key upon email verification

and will have mirror links to download it from

Punkbuster is also in the Beta and active several got kicked tonight for various reasons

also as for the comment on nobody buying servers there are over 1350 Beta servers hosted by Gameservers up already and more being added by the minute

as for IW and COD 6 is correct - Infinity Ward started working on that not to long ago - when COD WaW was announced for release and the date is still set for November 11th

also a note on the Beta - it is missing some Direct X files - the remedy for that is to go over to the microsoft site and download the run time files for DX 9 should fix that

Edited by Lt Cmdr Magnum

Multiplayer Beta was released today - register on www.callofduty.com and will give you a key upon email verification

Punkbuster is also in the Beta and active several got kicked tonight for various reasons

also as for the comment on nobody buying servers there are over 1350 Beta servers hosted by Gameservers up already and more being added by the minute

not all hosted by GS... I would give about 75% to gs

Copying the CoD4 flaws won't help this game. I like the game but after seeing they copied the exact server browser from cod4 1.4+ I will not be buying cod waw

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5857/shot0001qn5.jpg

The more servers that get added the worse it will be to the point where it will kill my internet connection just like cod4.

I don't play cod4 much anymore cause It's a pain in the ass to find a server.

I don't think that's right.

I don't know if this is USA only or sth, but I didn't get one.

It's that you have to register to get a chance to be selected and sent a key.

I registered prior to the open beta (when I read there'll be one).

I don't think that's right.

I don't know if this is USA only or sth, but I didn't get one.

It's that you have to register to get a chance to be selected and sent a key.

I registered prior to the open beta (when I read there'll be one).

The beta was not released to Germany due to some legal issues with your country's laws and gaming content. They announced that on the same forums you registered on to get the key, just as an fyi, and appologized for it.