PunkBuster Its time has come!

1shot

:angry: Now I just wanna say Punkbuster has done a fair job in the past only a fair job! And now when PC gaming is put on the back self because we just don't have the selling power over console "2007 sales for console games 8.6 billion PC games 900 million" Its time for a Chang! I cant believe theres no one out there willing to bid against Punkbuster for a anti cheat service for EA or IW??????? And if there isn't I think that PBBANS should step up too the plate once again and think about putting in a bid for the next set of games! I don't know if this is possible or if any one has given any thought to this but maybe you should! All I know its time for a chang "AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT OBAMA"! lol :D

:) I think it can be done by some one. But I went to that net site and they mentioned PBBANS by name its this site that's got the Grundy's in a bunch so you must be doing something write!

cause while punkbuster itself will just raise the violation on one server we take it a step further and ban them on all server streaming here. Thats 3015 cod4 servers right now and a total of 5,000+ servers all together (different games). On top of that we make our ban list public so any cheater will squirm when they are banned.

an ode to the pretenders

I've seen them come and I've seen them go

Supposedly better than PB, more in the know

Problem was they never made a bust

Now they lay in some archive gathering dust

There will probaly be more

Who will take to the floor

Who will say we are now the best.

It's a safe bet, when released on the net, they will join all the rest

When all said and done

There can be only one

Consistent, honest and true

The only problem that raises its head is convincing the doubters ... you.

opinion

PBBans offers gamers the information and tools, provided by PunkBuster

:angry: Now I just wanna say Punkbuster has done a fair job in the past only a fair job! And now when PC gaming is put on the back self because we just don't have the selling power over console "2007 sales for console games 8.6 billion PC games 900 million" Its time for a Chang!

You're not really suggesting that Punkbuster is to blame for or even partially to blame for the fact that console gaming is bigger market than PC Gaming are you? Or did the price diffrence never cross your mind.

Whats the average cost of a decent PC setup for gaming? I'm gonna take a stab & guess roughly $1000 average.

Whats the average cost of the most up to date gaming consoles Again another stab but I'm willing to bet it's somewhere around $300 average.

Then you can get into the logistics of all of it. With a console you buy the console, buy the game, plug it in & play. With a PC you get into a whole different realm of factors. Compatiable OS, compatible hardware, Installing, tweaking settings just so you can play & so on & so forth.

Cheaper+Easier = Bigger Market

I cant believe theres no one out there willing to bid against Punkbuster for a anti cheat service for EA or IW???????

Now you suggest that PunkBuster is to blame for EA's problems when in fact EA only have themselves to blame for continuously failing.

Nothing is ever perfect & PunkBuster is no exception to this but blaming them for all the problems that arise in online gaming is unwarranted. It's funny how when people think PunkBuster is doing what it should, nobody ever says a word but the second theres a problem with anything, things that aren't even PB related, they come out of the woodwork to start casting stones.

If you don't like PB then shut it off, actually I implore you to shut it off or go play on a non PB enabled server.Then maybe you can see with your own eyes how much it actually does do & stop focusing so much on what you think it doesn't do.

Edited by ETL - evilzombie

You're not really suggesting that Punkbuster is to blame for or even partially to blame for the fact that console gaming is bigger market than PC Gaming are you? Or did the price diffrence never cross your mind.

Whats the average cost of a decent PC setup for gaming? I'm gonna take a stab & guess roughly $1000 average.

Whats the average cost of the most up to date gaming consoles Again another stab but I'm willing to bet it's somewhere around $300 average.

Then you can get into the logistics of all of it. With a console you buy the console, buy the game, plug it in & play. With a PC you get into a whole different realm of factors. Compatiable OS, compatible hardware, Installing, tweaking settings just so you can play & so on & so forth.

Now you suggest that PunkBuster is to blame for EA's problems when in fact EA only have themselves to blame for continuously failing.

Nothing is ever perfect & PunkBuster is no exception to this but blaming them for all the problems that arise in online gaming is unwarranted. It's funny how when people think PunkBuster is doing what it should, nobody ever says a word but the second theres a problem with anything, things that aren't even PB related, they come out of the woodwork to start casting stones.

If you don't like PB then shut it off, actually I implore you to shut it off or go play on a non PB enabled server.Then maybe you can see with your own eyes how much it actually does do & stop focusing so much on what you think it doesn't do.

I support this message!

:rolleyes: I'm not saying Punkbuster is not doing its job finding hackers! "BUT" How they handle hacker I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH!!!!! 2min bans for a aim-bot,wall hack exsetra....... Is just stupid! Time to put the hammer down! give them a day on up 1st 24 hours 2nd 48 and so on but the 2min bans then 4 then 8 I mean really what kind of deterrent is that! People will stop buying these hacks if they cant play the game using them. And to leave the job to PBBANS,AON exstra.... to police the servers seams to me there doing 1/2 the job. Maybe I'm just pist but it makes me wonder these DICKS and netcornholers oppsss coders did 1 big ban how many people did they ban 1 at a time in the past year or more. Well theres 1 thing for sure PBBANS does a grate job and should never stop what they do no matter what these people at netcornholers through at you!!!!!!! And no I'm not blaming Punkbuster for console out growing PC thats a money factor to buy a good pc you'll spend $1000 or more ware a console will set you back 200 to 500$ and little boby will get it for x-mas from mom and dad then he can buy the x-box live card with his allowence every month!

Edited by 1shot

I think you can increase the time yourself for violation kicks.

PB_SV_KickLen [Minutes]

The number of minutes (default is 2) a player will be kept from being able to rejoin after getting kicked by PunkBuster

I think in general all gamers are good but going into servers and getting hacked and then the hackers putting up adds for them to buy the hack pushes them over! I really don't want them gone forever I want them too stop and I think if Punkbuster does a flat out banning of 24,48,72 on up people will stop! You cant go into any Punkbuster server for those times. Will it work I don't know but what will it hurt if we give it a try? If you look at the small amount of streaming server in COD4 theres maybe 5,000 servers that stream from some one and 20,000 servers out there! I'd like to see a Icon for streaming servers in the lobby maybe bring that up to EA and IW I try to play in streaming servers only and yes I've played in Area51 none punkbuster servers a couple times and its pretty bad.

Edited by 1shot

I think in general all gamers are good but going into servers and getting hacked and then the hackers putting up adds for them to buy the hack pushes them over!

How many cheats would a site sell if it said that its cheats are detected? to many players believe what the cheats say. The fact is that most if not all the sites out there selling cheats have there cheats detected. But you dont here about that, you just listen to what the cheats say and more fool you for believing them in the 1st place. People like bustedpunks.com are working along side EB to bust the private cheats which are being sold and over 50% of the pb violations which get added to the ban list here has only came about thanks to them.

There is a lot more which goes on with EB and PB then you or anyone else knows about. I do think that you should take the time and learn about PB and what it can do before you keep having a go at the best AC system there is. No other AC system gives the server admins the tools which PB does

Says it all.