GUIDTracker for Punkbuster Games

PartyPooper

Uploaded a fix this morning. Fixed several small bugs including one that would stop the Online Players window from updating after you manually chose the PB install directory for a game.

• 3 weeks later...

Pushed out a new update an hour ago.

This one fixed a database download borking issue and I've also added an option to run GT at a lower priority process for those who are running lower-end systems and are getting heartbeat issues.

I've also updated the PB Directory Finder utility (used to put into the PB Setup utility the correct PB directory locations).

Some more information would be handy like:

- what version of GT are you using?

- what OS are you using?

- are you running multi-monitors (do you have to ALT TAB to view it)?

- what game are you trying to use it in?

- do you start GT before you start your game?

- does the F12 key always open the console for you?

Some more information would be handy like:

- what version of GT are you using?

- what OS are you using?

- are you running multi-monitors (do you have to ALT TAB to view it)?

- what game are you trying to use it in?

- do you start GT before you start your game?

- does the F12 key always open the console for you?

Latest version.

Win 7 x64 Ultimate

Dual monitors (yes you need to alt+tab unless you have 2 computers)

COD4

Have started before and after

game console is ~ not F12

GT should always be started BEFORE the game (it's in the help file).

What I meant by "does the F12 key always open the console for you?" is that when you press F12 in the game, it should automatically update the Online Players window. If it doesn't, then one of three things are wrong - either you didn't select the correct Punkbuster directory when using the PB Setup utility, the game window is not active or the F12 key hasn't been unbound in the game like it says to do in the Help File.

Before I go modifying the code again, can you ensure me that the PB utility is pointing to the correct PB directory for COD4? Not sure what it is for x64, but for x86 it'll be something like "C:\Users\Mick\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\COD4\pb".

Also, if you don't alt+tab out, does it work consistently? If it does, my guess is that when you alt+tab to work in the GT window, GT isn't detecting the game as being active when you alt+tab back again and so, it doesn't update. If this is the case (alt+tab issues) then I'll need to confirm that GT works fine without alt+tabbing.

Edited by PartyPooper

GT should always be started BEFORE the game (it's in the help file).

What I meant by "does the F12 key always open the console for you?" is that when you press F12 in the game, it should automatically update the Online Players window. If it doesn't, then one of three things are wrong - either you didn't select the correct Punkbuster directory when using the PB Setup utility, the game window is not active or the F12 key hasn't been unbound in the game like it says to do in the Help File.

Before I go modifying the code again, can you ensure me that the PB utility is pointing to the correct PB directory for COD4? Not sure what it is for x64, but for x86 it'll be something like "C:\Users\Mick\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\COD4\pb".

Also, if you don't alt+tab out, does it work consistently? If it does, my guess is that when you alt+tab to work in the GT window, GT isn't detecting the game as being active when you alt+tab back again and so, it doesn't update. If this is the case (alt+tab issues) then I'll need to confirm that GT works fine without alt+tabbing.

I actually have F12 bound in game to take screenshots. Let me try and change that and ill let you know.

EDIT: Ok, unbinding F12 fixed it....but now when i press F12 i get the players list, but it also opens the game console, i understand now that F12 gives a PB command to get the players ist...but maybe you should set this up to toggle the command instead of just opening the console and giving it.And where is this help file you speak of, i downloaded only an executable file from your site...there was no help file.

Edited by =7i=R3APeR

Help file is located under the Help menu option on the main GUIDTrackerV4 interface.

F12 is used as the hotkey to automatically open the console window for you, type in the pb_plist command, wait until the End of Players line has been received, then close the console window and update the Online Players interface. Given it's present function, I'm not sure what you mean by "toggle the command"?

Help file is located under the Help menu option on the main GUIDTrackerV4 interface.

F12 is used as the hotkey to automatically open the console window for you, type in the pb_plist command, wait until the End of Players line has been received, then close the console window and update the Online Players interface. Given it's present function, I'm not sure what you mean by "toggle the command"?

Meaning it does not close the console for me after issuing the command...i have to manually close it.

You have to wait for all the players to load in GT before it will close the console itself otherwise closing it yourself will also work. The program works fine with cod4 and Windows 7 64 bit. Im using the exact same version you are. I understand what your saying but what he is saying is that the players have to fully load into the GT before it will close the console otherwise you can close it yourself and it ill stll have the same effect.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I've been away for the last week.

The reason you have to wait until the 'End Of Players List' line appears before closing the console window is due to the way some games process and write in the client log. Closing the console window before this line has been written to the log causes some games to stop writing to the client log (incomplete players list) and this causes GT to become stuck in a loop as it sits there waiting for this particular line to appear in the log (which it never will if the console window has been closed too soon).

If the console window is not closing then one of two things are wrong - either the game uses a different key to close the console than it does to open it, or, the console window automatically gets closed by the game after issuing a PB command and GT is re-opening it by mistake thinking it's closing the window. Unfortunately, I cannot detect if the console window is open in a game (I would need to GT delved into DirectX to do this and that would most likely trigger a ban, so it's not something I'm willing to consider doing).

As Maester said, you don't have to use the F12 hotkey - you can manually pull down the console, type in the required command (pb_plist) and then manually close the console after the entire players list has been written to the screen. GT will still work using this method.

Also, I don't own all the games GT works with so I rely on people to tell me when something goes amiss because the unfortunate fact is that many games differ slightly in how they interact with the console and I made guesses in getting them to work in GT.

• 1 year later...

For those interested, GUIDTracker Version 5 has just been released on my website.

It's been totally rewritten from the ground up and sports a new interface and several new functions. It has a much faster initialization method and is more stable than Version 4. It no longer requires database downloads - the whole package is now less than 1.2MB.

It currently supports the following games:

America's Army v3

Battlefield 2

Battlefield 2142

Battlefield Vietnam

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Battlefield Play4Free

Call of Duty

Call of Duty: United Offensive

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 4

Call of Duty World At War

Enemy Territory

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

Frontlines Fuel Of War

Quake 4

More info can be found on my website.

And to head off the inevitable "my anti-virus software reports malware" responses, it's a FALSE POSITIVE. Yes, it's a packed AutoIt script (most autoit scripts are packed to reduce their size) and yes, it's a downloader (it has a user selectable option to download an update). It doesn't contain malware and it doesn't use, store or steal any of your personal or identifiable information.

P.S. if you find any bugs, I'd appreciate you letting me know.

Cheers

PP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...