European Ladder

BlackViper

we have close links with clanbase admins and warleagues admins :)

a clanbase admin said to me not long ago that online gaming had matured compared to the early days and the players and admins had matured as well .. its a statement, that after a little thought, i found myself agreeing with .. PBBans did not push anyone to stream their leagues here because we believe that choice should be based on the quality of service that any anti cheat site should strive to provide .. we have worked hard behind the scenes with various projects (and still are) in an attempt to make PBBans a top quality choice and after streamlining the forums,improving the MPI3 and above all maintaining a professional and courteous approach to any queries that we have had to deal with i'm glad to say that the ties between PBBans,clanbase and warleagues are becoming stronger :)

just recently clanbase cod and cod:uo admins have decided to introduce a rule that all ladder matches are played on streamed servers .. they have had the foresight to offer a choice of anti cheat repositories to stream to and its great to see so many electing for the PBBans option .. the main benefit of playing league and ladder matches on streaming servers for me, is that any queries re pbss/md5 kicks etc etc can be resolved in quite quick time and with the streamed info going straight to an EvenBalance repository,untouched by human hand, there is absolutely no chance of any any accusations of falsifying logs/pbss etc.

There is also some comfort in the fact that if a server is streaming and running the recommended md5 scans and cvar checks (cvar checks are optional)for hack related files, that the battle against any hacking activity becomes that much easier to win ..any online gamer will testify to the fact that most, if not all games are plagued with lamers intent on using downloaded skills to either disrupt other players fun or for some personal gratification,whatever it is i find it hard to understand why .. what i do know is that punkbuster is the best anti cheat software out there,and,with just a little help can be truly great in the ongoing fight to keep our servers clean.

The recent changes made at PBBans makes it easier than ever to get your servers streaming and very shortly server admins will be able to stream to more than one repository.

In short it will be harder than ever for anyone caught with hacks to get a decent server to play on after they are caught and it will be much much harder for anyone using hacks to get away with it in league or ladder matches if the admins are determined to utilise all means at their disposal to ensure as clean a gaming environment as is possible for their dedicated player base communities :)

All you need to join the growing PBBans anti cheat community is a server and rcon/ftp (ftp is not mandatory) and a clean punkbuster guid .. a cheat conviction in any PB supported game will ensure that your not allowed to participate in anything PBBans related and that includes having a forum account.

All PBBans services and forum sections are completely free and if the above criteria is met anyone is welcome to join us.

As i stated earlier,giving admins the choice of what anti cheat repositories to stream to can only be a good thing and the league/ladder server admins themselves can make their own decision on which anti cheat site suits them the best .. there is no difference what so ever between EvenBalance repositories .. the only difference is in the quality of service offered by the various anti cheat sites .. so, if you feel choked that PBBans was not even considered as a streaming option why not ask the senior admins concerned what makes one repository better than another and why no choices were given :P

sorry for the long post but i hope i have at least opened a few eyes as to what streaming can offer to any concerned admin as well as those admins charged with running leagues or ladders etc :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for the long post but i hope i have at least opened a few eyes as to what streaming can offer to any concerned admin as well as those admins charged with running leagues or ladders etc smile.gif

Long maybe fozzer but excellent. You are a credit to PBBans and the gaming community.

Since this is a Public forum would it be ok for me to post a copy of your post onto my -=Garbage Animals=- forum or not?

Long maybe fozzer but excellent. You are a credit to PBBans and the gaming community.

Since this is a Public forum would it be ok for me to post a copy of your post onto my -=Garbage Animals=- forum or not?

feel free m8 ..that came as much from the heart as of the head :)

:P :P

This is an good like post B) and not to long and very true

Yheaa mabe i should bring it up so there could be a choice at least... :D

I whish i could help out here at PBBans, but a thing i can do is spread the word....

and keep streaming my server ;) ;)

thanks for the post again Fozzer

cheers Azap

My preface to the copy of fozzer's post on Garbage forum

I don't know if all of you know but Axis3000 streams its PB logfiles to PBBans repository once a day. To simplify it this ensures that any cheaters caught by PB are automatically added to the Master Ban Index (MBI)

I chose to use PBBans after quite a bit of research into the various alternative sites, at the time PunksBusted being the main alternative later to be supplemented by Game Violations. After a lot of forum browsing I came to the conclusion that PBBans offered the most mature and reliable advice and service.

Today I read a post on PBBans public forum by a game player named fozzer. He is on the PBBans staff, a Jolt Admin and hails from Liverpool UK (not many miles from myself actually).

His post really brought home to me what a good decision I had made in going with PBBans for Axis3000.

Copy of post below.

:P :P

This is an good like post B) and not to long and very true

Yheaa mabe i should bring it up so there could be a choice at least... :D

I whish i could help out here at PBBans, but a thing i can do is spread the word....

and keep streaming my server ;) ;)

thanks for the post again Fozzer

cheers Azap

np m8 .. good luck with your proposed queries .. and thanks for spreading the word .. everything helps out :)

fozzer a couple of questions.

You mentioned that multiple streaming would soon be possible. Do you know when?

Also when Evenbalance does make this feature available will PBBans be encouraging this after the bad blood between the different repositories?

In my own heart I think all differences between the anti cheat sites should become a thing of the past and then PB would become a powerful weapon against the cheaters with one huge repository available to all admins. As it is at the mo' some players who are on the Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) are still able to go on PSB streaming servers and vice versa.

Comments from staff and admins please.

Edited by -=Garbage DinGo=-

fozzer a couple of questions.

You mentioned that multiple streaming would soon be possible. Do you know when?

Also when Evenbalance does make this feature available will PBBans be encouraging this after the bad blood between the different repositories?

In my own heart I think all differences between the anti cheat sites should become a thing of the past and then PB would become a powerful weapon against the cheaters with one huge repository available to all admins. As it is at the mo' some players who are on the Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) are still able to go on PSB streaming servers and vice versa.

Comments from staff and admins please.

I'm not sure i know of any bad blood between the community's .

I disagree one repository . We have a logo to uphold "Always Quality over Quantity ".

With out processing the relevant details of a player ban you can not be sure the ban is true.

The option to stream to multiple servers is already present ,and this is an option to all game admins.

but as far as PBBANS taking action on a player for reason's placed by an alternative source other the the Staff at PBBANS i strongly disagree with .

I'm not sure i know of any bad blood between the community's .

Sorry to disagree but for a while there has been a fair amount of friction between PSB and PBBans. I'm sure the longer standing PBBans admins would agree with me there.

I disagree one repository . We have a logo to uphold "Always Quality over Quantity ".

With out processing the relevant details of a player ban you can not be sure the ban is true.

Yes and in hindsight I think I'll agree with that. However if all the MD5Tool and CVAR checks are agreed between the various anti cheat sites there should be no problem.

The option to stream to multiple servers is already present ,and this is an option to all game admins.

I didn't realise the multiple streaming option was already in place.

but as far as PBBANS taking action on a player for reason's placed by an alternative source other the the Staff at PBBANS i strongly disagree with .

If PBBans, PSB and GV work together with defined parameters then why is this a problem?

defining parameters for all private anti cheat sites to work with would he a hard thig to do .. for example PBBans bans all valid PB catches /md5 hack catches / hack cvar catches .. other anti cheat sites give temp bans for certain md5 / cvar catches .. and another bans for hack cvars in certain games only but not all :)

the way forward in my opinion is to impose bans for the full hit, as we have tried and been successful in running certain hacks outside of the game directory and also successfully used undetected hacks that were only detected by cvar checks and nothing else.

As always the choice is entirely up to the guys and gals that pay for their servers .. the one question that should be asked is "do i want my server to be as clean as possible?" then make a choice using the above info.

I wont argue that some "bad blood" has existed in the past between various anti cheat sites .. all i will say on the matter is that PBBans has always worked to the "quality over quantity" adage and will continue to do so ..its of no concern to us that a million servers stream somewhere else .. the one thing that concerns us is providing a top notch quality service to those server admins that support our views on quality / integrity / and zero tolerance.

As it is at the mo' some players who are on the Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) are still able to go on PSB streaming servers and vice versa.

all who apply for a forum account are manually vetted by staff members .. we use the PBBans mpi3 to verify a clean guid .. if a violation is found that person will not be granted a forum account .. the reason we use the mpi3 is because every ban on there can be verified and backed up by solid evidence .. please note we dont stop a server from streaming because an applicant has a conviction,it just means that someone else has to deal with the PBBans forum stuff because we offer convicted cheaters absolutely nothing :) .. the option is always there for admins to intergrate banlists from various anti cheat sites (i do so myself) ..if i get a query over a ban from another anti cheat site i just point them in the direction of that sites appeal process/wish them luck/forget about it :D

The option to use pbucon to stream to more than one repository has been in place for a couple of weeks (its just not viewable to the public yet) .. since EvenBalance released this option click me PBBans has been beta testing and putting pbucon through its paces to see if it was all as viable as it looked :)

We are quite pleased with its performance so far and an announcement will be coming sooner rather than later about this feature going "live".