Battlefield 3

MaydaX

I'm kinda disappointed in the choice of marketing from DICE and EA. Starting to sound like politics with direct digs at the competition and self praise. The more comments I read, the more of a cocky attitude I see portrayed. I seen a lot of people like that in CAL and I had little to no respect for them.

Bachs comment on modding reminds me of the "not balanced for lean" crap IW did for MW2. Just tell the truth that they don't want to put the time in to make mod tools instead of blaming it on something else.

i think they have fallen into the bad logic trap

IW and ATVI made a lot of money. IW and ATVI were cocky and obnoxious. so to make a lot of money, we must be cocky and obnoxious

Well I just watched it and I wasn't overly impressed. Not that it was bad just I've played so many modern FPS games over the years it just seems to be another one of the same. I thought it looked more like a MoH game than Battlefield.

Seen most of it before with just a few added extras.

I would like to see more of the jets though, that was a nice shot at the end.

At the moment it's on my buy list.

Yeah the infantry side of it does look BC2/MOHish but I don't see many other FPS with Jets and the varierty of vehicles. So for me it still is the game on my wish list.

I just watched the trailer on me 40 inch TV and personally think it looked bloody nice. Was too busy watching the cars blowing up n buildings tumbling down in the background.. to notice the belt maybe they'll sort that little issue before release :)

Yeah the infantry side of it does look BC2/MOHish but I don't see many other FPS with Jets and the varierty of vehicles. So for me it still is the game on my wish list.

I just watched the trailer on me 40 inch TV and personally think it looked bloody nice. Was too busy watching the cars blowing up n buildings tumbling down in the background.. to notice the belt maybe they'll sort that little issue before release :)

idk small things like the belt really catch my eye for some reason. i do like that shooting cover like a low wall eats away at it.

It sure looks nice, but for me the ultimate FPS game will always be Call of Duty 1 where guns had recoil and were specific to teams with no customizations or unlockables....

Besides the usual complaints against the game so far, I have one thing that bugs me from playing BC2 (although it wasn't PC, due to limited money for a new computer). The helicopters in BC2 always ran rampant with a good pilot who knew the map and his surroundings well. Now I have over 6K hours playing battlefield games on the PC and I'm not trying to brag and yes I have a life but the thing I liked about BF2 was the fact that there was SAM sites placed all around the maps that had air vehicles plus you had mobile AA. BC2 has maybe 4-5 total on a conquest map and less on a rush which can easily be taken out. I just hope BF3 fixes this problem and there is more AA capabilities, maybe have a class in the "engineer" with the option of a portable SAM missle and have it set like the lock on like in BF2 along with more dedicated AA sites and more mobile vehicles. Just my .02

Yeah I loved the AA vehicles in BF2 as well.

As for portable AA...the AIX mod for BF2 had a kit option for Stinger Missiles. I can't see it being an option on BF3 as it can have a tendancy (like the Engineer kit in BC2) to become a dominant feature on certain maps but seeing AA vehicles back would be fun.

One thing I hope they at least try is an option from Day of Defeat where you have kit limitations on teams. For those that haven't played this, you can restrict how man of each kit are allowed on each team at 1 time. Right now EA's R.o.E prohibit this on Ranked servers fro BF2 and BC2 (although I've heard it is posssible in BC2 through serverside settings).

It would be nice to see the game play disributed more throughout the kits instead of all Engineer or a mix of Sniper/Enginer which I see a lot of these days.

Well I think it should be that you are allowed to chose between AA or AT and not both. Of course there could be a limit to the Stinger/IGLA kit so as to not have an unbalanced game. I do remember the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 having a AA kit but you had to pick it up and not select it through the spawn screen

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/19/battlefield-3-preview/

Nice to see you posting here Twiebie :P

If advertisers were smart they'd show us more MP action. I keep going on about it but a sneak peek of wake or karky or one of the new maps with the vehicles would be much much more interesting to most of us then the SP action we've seen so far.

If advertisers were smart they'd show us more MP action. I keep going on about it but a sneak peek of wake or karky or one of the new maps with the vehicles would be much much more interesting to most of us then the SP action we've seen so far.

x2

Though I don't think a good advertising strategy would be to see lag, disconnects, poor hit reg, etc. Sorry I'm just going on previous games and we all love DICE, honest ;)

• Upvote 1

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/19/battlefield-3-preview/

Nice to see you posting here Twiebie :P

I think they are smarter than we think. If they release so much marketing hype about the multiplayer people get so built up with expectations that the true game just becomes a let down to all those expectations. If they don't tell us anything, we can only be blown away with the final product. I think they learned from BC2.

I think they are smarter than we think. If they release so much marketing hype about the multiplayer people get so built up with expectations that the true game just becomes a let down to all those expectations. If they don't tell us anything, we can only be blown away with the final product. I think they learned from BC2.

pendulum swings too far the other way

don't over-hype/hide it in a cave, just let us see wtf is going on

• 3 weeks later...

http://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/67259463756816385

Guess that rules out VAC :)

Sweet.

Didnt you post somethinng a while back about EA comming up w/ their own anticheat, that looks for things a bit differently than EB?

Having used VAC w/ Blops, I am happy to go back to PB (if theres an actual demo utility for BF3)

Butt

Didnt you post somethinng a while back about EA comming up w/ their own anticheat, that looks for things a bit differently than EB?

I think that may have been Crytek with Crysis 2.

(if theres an actual demo utility for BF3)

With any luck there will be.

I think I'm going to wait for the steam pre-order. I have BC2 and 2142 on EA downloader, but the instant the special edition goes on steam, i'll put my order in.