Battlefield 3

MaydaX

20049318926414444270613.jpg

No idea where it's from or if it's fake but looks like BF3 to me :P

Or BFBC3? lol

+1

if you claim new engine, you better at least change the menus and fonts enough to make it believable at casual glance

Well apparently DICE want our ideas!

Battlefield 3 developer DICE has launched a 'community challenge' asking Battlefield fans to submit feedback on what they'd like to see in the new game.

As ever though, there's a catch. DICE writes: "We want to know what it is you want in Battlefield 3, whether it is game specific features, weapons, vehicles or anything!

"We don't just want you to tell us though. Come up with a creative and funny way to get your point across. The three entries that offer the best feedback will be sent a very special present after the release of Battlefield 3!"

So if you want customisable reflex sights, you're going to have to project the idea on to the side of building with lasers in order to get noticed. Time to get creative.

Last week we reported that DICE has called out its rivals in the latest OPM, claiming "our competitors are getting lazy... they had better watch out. We are coming for them."

Here's mine.. for the love of GOD give me commanders!!

Source:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/

Source:

they don't want ideas. they want to generate controversy. what is in the game is already in it

they are trolling the the community

• Upvote 2

Source:

Agreed. Also agree to HMS about creating buzz. Same crap they all do. Did it w/ Bc2. Same w/ Blops. "Tell us what you want ... and we'll give you what we think you need."

As to what I want, just want ALL the battlefield specific features the battlefield series has had. Starting w/ and A#1 on my list - Battle Recorder. I'd really have to do some deep digging to find it, but they said something to the effect on no Battle Recorder for Bc2 was - Bc2 was not a true "Battlefield" title (even though the first word in the title is battlefield - lol) so they did not add it as a game specific feature... Personally I think they bit off more than they could chew w/ distruction 1.5, but thats another topic.

Just make a game that works on launch, with the features we've come to expect from the franchise (commander, como, demos, ect...) and the "community" will be more than satisfied. PS... A working VOIP system should not be too much to ask for with a retial price tag of $60? see Bc2

Butt

I won't post the link here, scam site I believe offering free game and beta keys for BF3, it's on Youtube and only available to people in the USA and Canada, the links look very dodgy so I've sent a PM to a member of the DICE team to ask them to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Also I wanna see some multiplayer action soooooooon!

x2

I do like the rounds hitting the ground from that LMG and enemies, millions of 'em, love it :D

The reload animation of the M4 bothers me. If the chamber is empty due to no more rounds being present in the magazine, you are meant to use the bolt release button, as the bold locks in the rear position. The only reason you would cock the bolt yourself is if you had no round in the chamber, but rounds in the magazine and the bold is in the forward position.

I like attention to detail. I really hope DICE gets the little details right. I can forgive a crap story and crap graphics if they get the little details correct :D

The reload animation of the M4 bothers me. If the chamber is empty due to no more rounds being present in the magazine, you are meant to use the bolt release button, as the bold locks in the rear position. The only reason you would cock the bolt yourself is if you had no round in the chamber, but rounds in the magazine and the bold is in the forward position.

I like attention to detail. I really hope DICE gets the little details right. I can forgive a crap story and crap graphics if they get the little details correct :D

According to a recent interview given to EDGE magazine, DICE's Patrick Bach has gone on record saying that Battlefield 3′s single player campaign will be more scripted and linear, as opposed to the open, sandbox type campaigns employed in Bad Company 1 and 2. Bach said: "I don't see it as an absolute goal for all games to be sandbox games. We've been building sandbox games for quite some time and we've got pretty good at it, but I don't see that as the only way of building games, because then we wouldn't build campaigns at all.

"In some cases they aren't, but in most cases sandbox games are hardcore, boring, hard to get into and they are not very popular."

DICE is clearly taking cue from the latest Call of Duty games, which have been criticized for being too linear. One of the ways the recent Bad Company 2 games have stood apart from other FPS shooters, is that they were open, that a goal could be attacked from different points. In terms of storytelling, linear campaigns have a clear advantage, but as a result, they often tend to be too scripted and predictable.

So far the gameplay we've seen of Battlefield 3 singleplayer campaign looked quite linear and scripted, on the other hand, the gameplay only represents a tiny portion of the overall campaign. The full interview will be revealed in the next issue of Edge magazine, which hits the news stands on April 12.

getting it right - 0

shooting self in foot - 1

not a good start imo.

"gee, will it be like that BLOPS segment where you don't have to shoot , just hide a lot?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULv6HbgEjY

Electronic Arts is setting the bar high for Battlefield 3.

Speaking during the Ad Age Digital Conference in New York City today, CEO John Riccitiello confirm it will launch Battlefield 3 in November of this year and said the publisher has rival Activision's Call of Duty series in its sights.

"This November, we're launching Battlefield 3. It's going up against the next Call of Duty, which is presently the #1 game in the game industry," he said. "A game that last year did $400 million dollars in revenue on day one. [battlefield 3] is designed to take that game down."

Riccitiello later compared this holiday's battle between the two games to the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry in baseball and said gamers can expect to see massive advertising campaigns for both titles.

"There will be a couple hundred million dollars of marketing against these two products going head to head. We think we have the better product," Riccitiello added.

EA Games president Frank Gibeau echoed similar comments during GDC last month when he told us: "Everybody loves a heavyweight fight, and that's what this is going to be. We're here to compete."

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164686

Same engine as BC2 and MOH = lag, lag, lag

Homefront made promises as well (dedicated servers released around 2 weeks after the game launch) = well beyond that and no sign of them yet

Black Ops made promises about dedicated servers and pulled the wool over everyone's eyes with their shenanigans.

MW2 pulled the wool over everyone's eyes as well.

Point is, they all lie and love that each and everyone of us post, rant, or basically advertise their overpriced smut for free on their behalf. I won't buy the bullshit that is being fed on a silver spoon by these hypocrites anymore. :o

• Upvote 2

But getting ads to players doesn't have to mean inserting intrusive billboards or products into the game experience, Riccitiello said. He estimated that about half of online play time was spent in pre- or post-match lobbies or setup, where "today's consumer is very much expecting advertising ... we didn't have that understanding a few years ago."

He encouraged advertisers to get into the game market now, while the market is still settling, to avoid a "bidding war" that could happen over prime game-based ad space in three to five years.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/33962/Riccitiello_Battlefield_3_Call_of_Duty_To_Spend_Hundreds_Of_Millions_On_Ad_Battle.php