Viol 50710 Bans Removed (COD4)

SuperTaz

We have lifted all COD4 bans for violation #50710 after Even Balance confirmed that the violation could have been raised by non-cheat software.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-cod4.php

Friday 03.05.2013 [4:00PM]

We have confirmed that non-cheat software caused some of the kicks for Violation #50710. We encourage admins to give players the benefit of the doubt and ignore this violation number; it has been removed from our system.

416 Call of Duty 4 Bans have been removed from the MBi.

21 Call of Duty 4 Bans have been removed from the Unofficial MBI.

• Upvote 2

I just wish to add to Taz's post PBBans had been working closely alongside Evenbalance staff to get to the bottom of this. While frustrating for those affected it has been equally frustrating trying to field the rants and abuse we've received while doing our best to get a resolution to the situation.

I have always maintained that patience and communication are key in cases like this.

• Upvote 3

Glad it all worked out in the end. I may have been one that "ranted" a bit to much and could have shown a little more patience in this matter. For that I am sorry.

Thank you to all those that helped find a resolution to this matter.

I too would like to apologize for my outspoken self. Sorry all, I should have given more time to let this work out. I have learned in this is to be patient and give things time to work out. Glad this worked out in the end and things can get back to normal.

Wizz

Glad this worked out for the what I hope is the best. The unfortunate reality is though that we do not know what percentage of the original bans were valid.. so an unknown quantity of hackers are breathing a sigh of relief and continue with their reign of terror.

My greatest thanks for the PBBans putting up with our bullshit.

Duc.

• Upvote 1

All I can say is this - MANY people - good people - had their reputation tarnished - whilst the needs of the few outweigh the many - it did'nt help us feel any better about being branded as cheats.

Anticheat systems are great - no denying - but when you yourself are affected - and clearly it could happen to anyone - when the people you respect to protect you banish you from forums you must expect backlash - those like myself who KNOW we haven't cheated are left in the cold with the zombies - we are back, however, but just a little more cautious about our protectors.

As for torrents of abuse - put yourself in those shoes - and then manage those posts with a little more thought - How can an accused remain calm when they KNOW they are innocent but have been branded cheat and see numerous others accounts frozen.

|SNR|Clakkers

Edited by Clakkers1

Good to see this, since one of our own was hit with this violation as well.

and thanks PBBans for the communication with EB staff and giving those who had this violation and place to post about it :smilie_daumenpos:

Whenever a cheat is linked to a user we restrict those users so that they can have a private platform away from flamers and onlookers to discuss anything directly with staff. Numerous people caught up in this took the opportunity to work with staff in the restricted areas to help ascertain a potential cause for the false violations.

I had read the threads throughout this whole saga and only dealt with facts and helped those wanting to be helped. Like I said in my initial post on this thread, PBBans never stopped working with Evenbalance on this and as soon as we heard the violations were to be lifted we did so immediately.

If it had been me, I can honestly say I would've been more patient with the system. I never heard of one violation which was suspected as false, that hasn't later been lifted. Lets not forget that while yes innocent people were caught up in this ban wave, there were also genuine cheaters who were in there too.

• Upvote 5

Lets not forget that while yes innocent people were caught up in this ban wave, there were also genuine cheaters who were in there too.

QFMFT

As per today all 50710 violations haven been removed from my servers. Since i use my own banlists i had to keep a few in place that had prior violations. I'm pretty sure I'm letting some unwanted elements back in but that's just the way it is.

As per today all 50710 violations haven been removed from my servers. Since i use my own banlists i had to keep a few in place that had prior violations. I'm pretty sure I'm letting some unwanted elements back in but that's just the way it is.

true, but if you use your own banlists, i am sure you have your own watchlists too.... ;)

I posted this in response to someone who actually took advantage of the totally private sections of our forum to assist in finding the root cause of why her pbguid raised cheat violation #50710:

Glad it all worked out for you and we appreciate the feedback :)

It has taken a lot longer than normal to get to the bottom of this particular issue because the possibility that none cheat software may have been a factor was really very, very, miniscule.

To compound the issue, there was also a lot of cheaters wriggling about in the same net

Hopefully those same cheaters who are rejoicing at the moment will be getting the slap they deserve in the next couple of weeks :bigwink:

A player who had the confidence that being innocent of any wrongdoing brings.

A player who had faith in the anti cheat systems used by the game she plays.

A player who totally agrees with the protocols/procedures PBBans has in place re raised cheat violations.

A player who used those protocols/procedures to assist in finding a root cause.

A player who displayed patience and calmness under pressure.

A player who displayed tenacity, forethought and a willingness to act on given advice.

A player who deserves a big slap on the back for being the only player to see things through to the end / not to rage quit / not to hide under the radar / not to buy a new game key and simply forget things.

A player who had the moral integrity to resign from the league she administrates while things ran their course.

I would like to publically thank SCS_Sabret for being all of the above.

Don't worry I am happily married :P but you deserve a public thank you for all the input/assistance you provided that, in the end, resulted in benefitting the whole COD4 community.

Tactical Clan Competition and the Suicide Commando Squad are lucky to have you within their respective groups.

I would also like to take time out to publically thank Even Balance staff member Nick, despite having to deal with a few personal issues, still took time to fully investigate and eventually find the root cause of the #50710 false positive.

• Upvote 4

I posted this in response to someone who actually took advantage of the totally private sections of our forum to assist in finding the root cause of why her pbguid raised cheat violation #50710:

Im glad she had access - I was restricted.

A player who had the confidence that being innocent of any wrongdoing brings. - SNAP - I knew it - my clan knew it - other clans we play knew it -

A player who had faith in the anti cheat systems used by the game she plays. - Restricted access and pasted replies - How could I when the system I trusted in treated me as guilty? and closed the doors.

A player who totally agrees with the protocols/procedures PBBans has in place re raised cheat violations. - I did - for years - as an admin - but couldn't talk to anyone or access forums after being banned.

A player who used those protocols/procedures to assist in finding a root cause. - Couldn't access anything save for endless tickets to EB - despite 'nothing we can do I did send information in - I did not give up.

A player who displayed patience and calmness under pressure. - Ok, I fucked up on this -My apologies - I go back to the first bullet line though - I KNEW i was innocent -

A player who displayed tenacity, forethought and a willingness to act on given advice. - That my violation isn't in error - I wasnt given any advice sadly - only on submitting ticket after ticket - Alex J is one busy person.(was)

A player who deserves a big slap on the back for being the only player to see things through to the end / not to rage quit / not to hide under the radar / not to buy a new game key and simply forget things. - I love playing - I bought a new GUID - But I didnt give up either nor would I forget - Old pants back on (nearly)

A player who had the moral integrity to resign from the league she administrates while things ran their course. I told em too - They refused!

I would like to publically thank SCS_Sabret for being all of the above. - I would too - Well done that girl!

Don't worry I am happily married :P but you deserve a public thank you for all the input/assistance you provided that, in the end, resulted in benefitting the whole COD4 community.

Tactical Clan Competition and the Suicide Commando Squad are lucky to have you within their respective groups.

I would also like to take time out to publically thank Even Balance staff member Nick, despite having to deal with a few personal issues, still took time to fully investigate and eventually find the root cause of the #50710 false positive.

Thank you Nick - greatly appreciated.

Fozzer - Its both sides of the coin - PB and EB keep us protected - no doubt - BUT understand how many felt - Yeah, its only a game, have patience - but without any info being given or available, I could have sat back hoping 'someone' was doing something - but without access or public posts, we were left to wander and carry the stain of being classed as cheats.

Again - apologies - its a thankless task the work you do - we have adminned servers for years - booting and reporting - but to get done yourself - bullet point one - is a kick in the teeth when you cant access or see any efforts going on to support.

Surfy - I like your answer to - but 'would've been more patient' - is easy when your on the inside...Many others felt like I have - we're all different, clearly not perfect -

Anyhows - Overall - Keep up the good work - I'm off to party with an old GUID friend I had - haven't spoken in weeks - it'll be good to catch up.

GLHFA.

Clakkers

Edited by Clakkers1

Just a quick one for clakkers1

SCS_Sabret had exactly the same forum access as you ..... she chose to be proactive with the access and resources at her disposal.

You chose to submit ticket after ticket to Even Balance and get a new cd key.

Can you spot the difference :P

• Upvote 2

Just a quick one for clakkers1

SCS_Sabret had exactly the same forum access as you ..... she chose to be proactive with the access and resources at her disposal.

You chose to submit ticket after ticket to Even Balance and get a new cd key.

Can you spot the difference :P

Fozzer - - EB issued the ban, my appeal here was declined - no one offered assitance of any kind - or direction on what to send in except to send it in to EB.

My apologies for not 'seeing' the help offered here...where was....doesn't matter..we could go on and on.

Have a good weekend!

Clakkers

Thank you Fozzer and the rest of the pbbans team. Your post is very kind. Don't quite know what to say, except thanks.

Come by SCS sometime and hang out and play for a bit. We run the COD4 open warfare mod, so many custom maps. We would love to have some new visitors. So if you are able to take a break from your work here, keep us in mind. Our servers can be found on Gametracker, or PM me here for more information.

If there is anything I can do to help in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.

Edited by SCS_Sabret
  • Upvote 1

Fozzer - - EB issued the ban, my appeal here was declined - no one offered assitance of any kind - or direction on what to send in except to send it in to EB.

My apologies for not 'seeing' the help offered here...where was....doesn't matter..we could go on and on.

Have a good weekend!

Clakkers

Hey Clakkers,

Only wanna say this: At the end............ Im happy to see the ban is removed.

We always have known that you and some others, we know well, are not guilty!! ;)

My 2 cents.

NBG| T4zzy out

Edited by T4zzy

Well as far as i'm concerned, all of the few players I know that got caught , i've long suspected them of hacking, but just could not prove it.. so they can stay banned from my servers.. I don't honestly think this was all false positives..

• Upvote 1

Im glad that so many ppl offered help, to me a sign of great ppl wrongly accused. We just sat back and waited to see what was going to happen. Thank goodness it is over. SO is there anyway to know what ppl are running that caused this? Sorry im goin to EB now to read what they say!!

Thanks guys!

A HUGE thanks to everyone at Evenbalance and PBBans who worked so hard on this issue. You are greatly appreciated, and not taken for granted, by myself and so many others, for all the good work you do for the gaming community worldwide. I soon as I am able, I will donate as much as I can, as often as I can, to keep PBBans in business.

Thanks, Spec4Jack

• Upvote 1

I want to start by saying sorry that i not posted something before now, i wanted and needed some time away and let my hair down and kick my feet up over the weekend.

I am not going to talk about or say what was setting of the false positive, but i do want to say sorry to any none cheats who may have set of this violation, i also want to thank the Staff here at PBBans for their help, i was able to rule out and confirm my own findings thanks to them testing and giving me information on what programs the staff here had been testing. The Staff here have been a help to me not with just dealing with thing like a false positive but also in helping me to detect public and private cheats, i know sometimes a few of may think "why in hells name does he want me to do that" and i am very thankful to them for the help i get.

Keep Safe

Nick

• Upvote 8

I want to start by saying sorry that i not posted something before now, i wanted and needed some time away and let my hair down and kick my feet up over the weekend.

I am not going to talk about or say what was setting of the false positive, but i do want to say sorry to any none cheats who may have set of this violation, i also want to thank the Staff here at PBBans for their help, i was able to rule out and confirm my own findings thanks to them testing and giving me information on what programs the staff here had been testing. The Staff here have been a help to me not with just dealing with thing like a false positive but also in helping me to detect public and private cheats, i know sometimes a few of may think "why in hells name does he want me to do that" and i am very thankful to them for the help i get.

Keep Safe

Nick

Thank You Nick.

You PBBans stuff should learn from this guy cuz this is the only person why had courage to say at least I'm sorry.

I've been at PBBans for a over a year as registered member and finally as streaming admin.

I wish to thank You too but I wont cuz in my case You did absolutely nothing.

Oh sorry... You did...

First, after I was trying to backup my innocently banned friend, I've been restricted.

Then after I was innocently banned I was compared to a hacker and treated equaly as I really was one. HERE

Then after I was desperatlely digging for information to solve my issue on my own, my posting rights has been removed and I couldn't do anything...

The only person from PBBans stuff I will thank, is Surfy. His Her attitude was/is the most human in this whole big error.

In the end...

We can play and have fun, without cheaters and wrongly banned people. I think it's fair.

I wish to EB to keep going with their work as they are doing good in the end.

I wish to PBBans more faith in people. You are not robots. Your hands are not tight by EB. EB clearly says that it is in YOUR discretion to unban people if there are any doubts.

Let's move on in fight with punks :)

Edited by daraya