GAME HACK #81518

Stigmata_

So why PB doesn't give a perma ban for that violation but you do ?

The default "punishment" for raising a PunkBuster™ software cheat violation is a 2 minute kick, it is the proactive server admin or third party anti cheat service that turns that 2 minute kick into a permanent ban.

PBBans also provides, unique, up to date MD5 scans that enhance standard PunkBuster™ software and also issues bans on submitted PB screenshots that show cheat use / ingame demos showing cheat use (where applicable) and cheat related cvars (where applicable)

There is also a myriad of tools and features available to server admins that stream their servers via PBBans.

http://www.pbbans.com/about-pbbans.html

you have to work with PB/EB on this right now pbbans stand is until EB states a false positive you will be banned from any server that streams pbbans.

and to add to that ACI and GGC have also added this ban to there list so the number of servers that one can play on is limited.

they are out there and are full of cheaters but its a price one pays for having something on a system that can trigger a pb violation.

good luck in your appeal to EB and have a wonderful ban

Okay so what should I do ?

You still haven't told me how my brother is supposed to prove his innocence ?

Harsh way to say this, but he caused it he needs to solve it himself.

It is up to him to prove it we do not need to assist him. He raised an EB ban and now faces the results.

So why PB doesn't give a perma ban for that violation but you do ?

Read it here & here. That is what we are here for and always were.  Otherwise you had no forum but BetaFieldLog x)  to vent your ignorance - just evenbalance trouble tickets, and once again to put it straight: Only a EB TT  will resolve the situation you do not like; just mind to take this fact into consideration: calling CE  "a non cheat application" is entirely ridiculous (see post #38, sentence 2) so nobody will take you for serious anymore. File a EB TT to get the default reply like "the use of CE is not allowed by PunkBuster ... " etcpp. Not doing homework (what pb is and how it works, for a shortcut read again post #38) first and moan afterwards is not a good position to be in, we run a clear cut policy for years (bannable violations see here) and no annoyance will change it. As well rest assured EvenBalance will ignore all (more or less) well meant petitions (random ex. for another dead end) or similar annoyances and that for good reasons.

FYi our banlist is a service for server administrators and its use is entirely optional.

• Upvote 1

So how does Punkbuster discern between Gamehack and Malware of a similar pattern? Is it true that malware on an unknowing victim might have triggered this ban? If the malware triggered this BAN, are the victims collateral damage? What would be the purpose of banning players consistently for "unknown reasons" unless this is a way to cause further sales. Considering this is not a hardware ban anymore and people have to go out and completely redo their origin accounts...i.e. buy all games a second time with a new account...Wouldn't it be proper to say that there is likely a stacking of profits here rather than a legit Game-Hack?

Most if not all of the individuals that have been banned for this Game hack are claiming they had CE installed but not running. What kind of spyware does Punkbuster get to use to "ban" legit players?

Your links...here & here.

Do not show anything pertaining to helpful information regarding TOS for Punkbuster. The only thing I found was for servers. TOS http://www.evenbalance.com/regname.php

You've also stated that these players should be aware of what is a "cheat" or "game-hack" before playing a game, but in actuality they wouldn't ever know because there is no information regarding either on the web, including this "Game-Hack 81518"..

Sad to see any of this happening in a place for information. The problem of cheating its bearable against not being able to play with your friends because they have been banned with out representation or resolution.

Here is a reply of EB employee Alex J.

11/28/2013 11:16:51 - "Alex J" 
Note #4: I'm sorry, but we as a policy do not give out information regarding particular violations, or what triggers a particular violation. I cannot honor your request.

This ban is being held by the third-party ban site PBBans.com, for the given violation. We are not affiliated with any third-party ban sites.

And that's the way it is for now.

So how does Punkbuster discern between Gamehack and Malware of a similar [the same] pattern?

Not at all. For the last time: #38 sums it all up in a nutshell.

Is it true that malware on an unknowing victim might have triggered this ban?

No. Virus/Antivirus/Trojan etc. caused my cheat violation is an old and invalid cheaters excuse. Dead end.

What kind of spyware does Punkbuster get to use to "ban" legit players?

Your links ... Do not show anything pertaining to helpful information regarding TOS for Punkbuster.

you agreed to the PB EULA by installing pb (for the latest version run pbsetup). We are not pb, see there
  • Upvote 1

i think this has gone on long enough, i feel until a recipient of this ban come forward with an EB ticket showing that this is a false wave or EB announces it them selves that this topic is going no where and fast

• Upvote 1

True, but we all know the capitalist system will lead to nothing, so better get used to it things are always gonna be worse, pretty obvious why violations like this increased and will continue to increase.

• Upvote 2

Taken from BL forums.

"If you guys want to get through to them, tell them to contact GameGuard. GameGuard used to recognize CE after you close it too and would ban you. They've solved their problem with that and now just deliver a "kick" off the game if it detects CE. I'm not even banned and I find it insulting that DICE would ask their players to provide the method to make it happen on demand. Tell them to get off their lazy asses and figure it out themselves. It's not hard to download cheat engine's source and figure out how it works. If GameGuard can figure it out, so can DICE. Grow up you imbecile's, you're all big boys, you can figure it out yourselves."
Wouldn't the best solution for this gamehack 81518 problem to not stream it on PBB? also I see the motto of PBB is Always Quality over Quantity. Wouldn't streaming every ban no matter what be quantity over quality? just my 2 cents. I mean its fine and all if u guys decide to keep enforcing it, but a few of my admin buddies have decided to stop streaming PBB since the bans came out.

So you folks want GameGuard, EB, DICE, PBBans, GGC, ACI to prove you are innocent / do your work for you? Why? It is the responsibility of the banned to submit detailed information (not "I do not hack" or "I am not a cheater", etc.) in a trouble ticket to EB and the third-party anti-cheat service(s) as indicated in other posts and threads to prove you are NOT guilty.

Folks carrying the ban will continue to carry it until EB deems it a false positive. If the ban is deemed a false positive, PBBans will remove the ban from the MBI. Again, #38 is your best friend.

• Upvote 3

Hi,

even if I repeat my self now. Sorry.

We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed. It is at the discretion of the third-party ban list administrator to remove any ban given as a result of this violation.

For me EB say clearly that this is not a ban by EB. And it is my experience too. The ban is ONLY on streaming server's and not on "only" PB protected servers. I fully support that even CE is "only" running in the background that a "kick" or a time limited ban is executed. And I fully support that a global ban is issued if any BF4 related is or was accessed by CE. It would be wrong from EB to say it is a false positive because it is right to trigger the violation. For me I'm only speaking about the consequence this violation has. As I wrote above EB say clear that they are not responsible for the ban.

And I think this log show it clear too:

Took a while (3 days) to find player with 50856 who accepted my friends request and then agrees to join my server. 

Player with 50856 gets kicked immediately, player with 81518 stayed on server until I've asked him to disconnect (~10 minutes). 

Server PB log for player with 50856 violation. (Ranked / Non-official / PB on / FF on / Non streaming) 
PunkBuster Server: New Connection (slot #1) xx.xx.xx.xx:3659 "xxxxxx" (seq xxxxxx) 
PunkBuster Server: Player GUID Computed xxxxxxxxxxxxx(-) (slot #1) xx.xx.xx.xx:3659 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
PunkBuster Server: VIOLATION (AIMBOT) #50856: xxxxx (slot #1) Violation (AIMBOT) #50856 
PunkBuster Server: Kick Command Issued (Violation (AIMBOT) #50856) for (slot#1) xx.xx.xx.xx:3659 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx 
PunkBuster Server: Lost Connection (slot #1) xx.xx.xx.xx:3659 xxxxxxxxxxxxx (-) xxxxxxx 

Server PB log for player with 81518 violation. (Ranked / Non-official / PB on / FF on / Non streaming) 
PunkBuster Server: New Connection (slot #1) xx.xx.xx.xx:3659 "xxxxxxxx" (seq xxxxxxx) 
PunkBuster Server: Player GUID Computed xxxxxxxxxxxxx(-) (slot #1) xx.xx.xx.xx:3659 xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
PunkBuster Server: Player List: 
PunkBuster Server: 1 xxxxxxxxxx (-) xx.xx.xx.xx:3659 OK 1 3.3 0 (V) "xxxxxxxx" 
PunkBuster Server: End of Player List (1 Player) 

You wrote it often enough. So you don't need to repeat your self. PB kicks for 2 minutes and you change it to a global ban. But why do you think you have to?

And If you want we can reproduce this on any server you have access to on demand if you want to see it with your own eyes.

Edited by Takatu002

you missed this part

We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed

it wont be removed from there system, thus saying its still a pb violation but the third part site has a right to or not to enforce the ban

• Upvote 1

BF4 servers we all play on are paid for by someone - an organized clan or community, friends, or individual folk(s). Paying for and providing a server means they can utilize many set ups, protections (EB, DICE, PB, PBBans, GGC, ACI) and rules to ensure fair and honest game play for everyone if that's what the payee wants. That's THEIR choice! Most of them DON'T want cheaters! That's THEIR choice!

EB may issue a global ban or a 2 minute kick. The payee decides (via streaming to third-party anti-cheat sites PBBans / GGC / ACI) if they want that 2 minute kick to result in a ban.

If EB determines a false positive, the third-party anti-cheat sites will remove the ban from their MBI. Only time will tell. As it is now, "We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed."

• Upvote 3

Hi,

even if I repeat my self now. Sorry.

For me EB say clearly that this is not a ban by EB. And it is my experience too. The ban is ONLY on streaming server's and not on "only" PB protected servers. I fully support that even CE is "only" running in the background that a "kick" or a time limited ban is executed. And I fully support that a global ban is issued if any BF4 related is or was accessed by CE. It would be wrong from EB to say it is a false positive because it is right to trigger the violation. For me I'm only speaking about the consequence this violation has. As I wrote above EB say clear that they are not responsible for the ban.

And I think this log show it clear too:

You wrote it often enough. So you don't need to repeat your self. PB kicks for 2 minutes and you change it to a global ban. But why do you think you have to?

And If you want we can reproduce this on any server you have access to on demand if you want to see it with your own eyes.

You do realise that even if PBBans took all those bans off the MBi then you'd still NOT be able to play on a PB server as you'd keep getting kicked for the violation by PB.

PBBans just makes the kick a ban, but either way you'll not be able to play on PB enabled servers which equals 99% of them.

The ban will only be rescinded by EvenBalance.   There is nothing that PBBans, GGC or anyone else can do.

• Upvote 1

You do realise that even if PBBans took all those bans off the MBi then you'd still NOT be able to play on a PB server as you'd keep getting kicked for the violation by PB.

PBBans just makes the kick a ban, but either way you'll not be able to play on PB enabled servers which equals 99% of them.

The ban will only be rescinded by EvenBalance.   There is nothing that PBBans, GGC or anyone else can do.

I think the issue here might be that most of the people who received the ban ignore they're banned. Of course I might be wrong since I contacted only a small portion of the players banned for the same violation and you have the numbers of those who effectively appealed. But most of them ignored that fact simply because they could still play on the officials servers for example. For them it was either a BF4 bug or a punkbuster issue since they were able to play on pb protected servers without being kicked.

I informed those players and told them they can appeal that decision to EB so that hopefully they can have a clearer picture of what's going on.

I just got this ban in BF3. I had played on a few servers before switching to rTr Dallas. Shortly after a new round began I was kicked/banned for 2minutes, then perma banned afterwards which redirected me here. After submitting tickets to Evenbalance and PBBans, I started doing research on the ban.

Apparently having Cheat Engine installed or running a process gets you this ban and it has been reproduced by people already. Also ShadowPlay from Nvidia seems to be causing this to happen as well. I have both CE installed and Nvidia Shadowplay installed at the time of the ban. ( http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1sbrbl/pbebpbb_2nd_false_positive_banwave_being_ignored/ Some of the information I found.)

For some reason most of these bans are happening in BF4 but mine occurred in BF3. I had played the beta to it before though.

Is anyone been able to get this appealed ? I would like to go back to playing BF3 as soon as possible.

ShadowPlay is not the cause of the bans. I have been running ShadowPlay since it was released.

so have i, im not banned, i think it has more to do with CE which IMO is and should be a valid reason for the ban.

CE can and is used in Multiplayer games

• Upvote 2

so have i, im not banned, i think it has more to do with CE which IMO is and should be a valid reason for the ban.

CE can and is used in Multiplayer games

Can it be used in BF4 though, that's the real question and the main point that should be discussed. You clearly do not have any issues with players using macros that can be used to have an unfair advantage in game (http://www.pbbans.com/forums/viol-89246-89296-and-89229-bans-removed-bf3-t156615.html). Yet here, the simple fact that people have CE installed for their singleplayer games bothers you.

In both cases EB only gave kicks, but here because there's the word "cheat" in CE you choose to global ban. I have yet to see a proof that you can cheat in BF4 multiplayer with it. And don't tell me you need a declaration from EB since you didn't need one for the 89246 case.

What happened to the "one innocent banned is too many" ?

Edited by Mayjay

doesn't matter of i can be used in the particular game it was running and has been tested and confirmed to cause a ban.

for the life of me i still don't understand why you need it, even for singleplayer games.

its not worth it.

so now you cheated your way out of money and the culprit is a free dl that can be used in multiplayer games.

time to live with your ban as i hope EB/PB doesn't over turn this ban as CE is a valid reason to be banned.