GAME HACK #81518

Stigmata_

EB knows that reporting another major false positive within 30 days of the last one would be devastating to their service.  This leads me to think that they will do everything in their power to claim this is a legit ban. 

Usually I stay away from banwave discussions, from judging if someone's guilty or not unless it's 101.9% clear. I still perfectly remember that major PB mishap when hundreds of BFBC2 players were banned with PB violation triggered by the string in chatbox (been playing Valparaiso when banwave started, and I was yelling smthing like "Look at all these cheaters! Beat them to death!", then BAM, kick, ban, whoohoo).

Bans were lifted a couple of days later, so I've spent another ~1000hrs in BC2 then 1200hrs in BF3 and was going to waste another 1.5 months of my life playing BF4. Until yesterday.

Yes, I've got banned with the same (81518) violation no. Was speaking to other banned players (btw, one of them is server admin, but it proves nothing, I know), we've been trying to find something common in our software/drivers configuration (with no success so far). On a sidenote, this banwave started, just like 89265 one did, right after servers update (to R11 i think).

What could trigger violation? I don't know. Being web-developer, I have tons of tools/apps running in background, from Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and SQL manager to Apache web-server, Python snippets, and even fulltext search server, not saying about dev IDEs. I use Outcome (Origin replacement) and my first (wrongful) thought was it's the ban reason.

I agree with Fister that the second false banwave would be a disaster for evenbalance and their business, and since EB is more 'secret service' than FBI or NSA are together, they can just claim this violation legit and close the case. Sadly, if this happens, we won't get any details on violation trigger so BF4 will be the last PB-protected game I've ever bought.

Hope that PBBans stuff would help us to find out what's going on here (you guys closer to that black box with 'evenbalance' label on it).

Well, over and out.

P.S. I'm able to join and play on non-streaming and official servers, so at least BL friends see that my gameplay 'level' hasn't changed a bit.

Certainly one can empathize with any false positive ban triggered. In retrospect its not that EB is failing but rather there are many new features with bf4, hardware, drivers, etc..  it would be no different than your antivirus blocking a legit new program because its acting like a virus. It gets submitted (appealed) checked out and whitelisted if source/program is legit. It doesn't mean you never run antivirus software.

There is a process and EB typically corrects any false positive within a few days after further testing. One thing is certain the best way to use a cheat program is to make it appear the function is legit so on occasion false positives can happen. Looking forward to any response from EB on this latest ban wave.

We can all be happy that over the years they removed some 300,000 cheaters that destroy our games. 

Edited by SOC_JO

Not always the case. Detection was triggered for something that performs like cheats. Think of it like a highway. If a cheat is known to routinely travel down route 66 anything using that highway will get stopped by the police and arrested. Now if someone builds a bus and takes 25 school children down route 66 you already know what is going to happen.

The next day you will be arraigned and judge will see just cause and deny your appeal ie you were traveling down route 66. This is always how it seems to start. When the judge sees an abnormal amount of appeals he calls for an investigation in which your case EB must try and figure out what people were using to get on route 66.

This is a process that can take hours or days depending on the feed back they get in the appeal tickets. Like all I did was download such and such now I am banned (they see more than we will ever know). Keep in mind its also the weekend and can only imagine the staffing is different than mid-week. Only EB knows if ban is going to stay or be removed but if it is removed it matters not what was said to some already. Just have to wait and see if they find a common thread and a legit program that is triggering a detection.

not always, its a standard responce to a ban, keep at it they may just listen. might help to have you list all programs on your machine for them to rule out.

also helps to come clean if you did cheat (not saying you did)

Well my appeal was denied yesterday. I really am disappointed that players were dragged into this. I do think punkbuster is doing a good job of banning the hackers and cheaters, but please only ban the one's who are actually guilty lol. Maybe its software or programs on our computers that may have triggered this?

I was one of biggest cheathunter on polish counter-strike scene from early beta to late 1.6 version. I loathe of cheating and never had any other hack on my PC then one for watching counter-strike demos to prove that someone knows too much...

Anyway I maybe play well in CS but i kinda sux in BF, what you can see on my BF3 and 4 profile (FiKumiczek). Anyway i got banned too.

I tried to solve this shit on BF4 forum: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/en/forum/threadview/2955064768736226824/last/post_2955064768880772872

but as someone said before - ppl dont give us chance to speak normaly...

However i made a investigetion - i added many banned ppl and asked them about PC and configuration, software etc. For my information the most common things are:

- many (but not all) have dxtory

- some (but not all) have cheat engine (+ all those who have it says that they didnt used it on bf, what is anyway pointless cuz its only easier version of hex editor)

- many (but not all) have shadowplay (with means nvidia cards from series 600 and above)

- lot of banned have older but anyway nvidia cards

I'm trying to get as many info i can, so it can help EB to solve this... Atm they said it don't look like triggered by an error but i can bet my car, house, everything that it is error :|

So banned ppl please try answer do you have something similar then things i wrote above?

Also there is strange thing that we can play whole day on PB protected server but not one linked to pbbans...

funny i have nvidia with all the features on my gtx 680, its not the nvidia that causing it. most likely the cheat engine is running and getting picked up

also keep in mind not all ppl are forth coming of what is on there machine

I was one of biggest cheathunter on polish counter-strike scene from early beta to late 1.6 version. I loathe of cheating and never had any other hack on my PC then one for watching counter-strike demos to prove that someone knows too much...

Anyway I maybe play well in CS but i kinda sux in BF, what you can see on my BF3 and 4 profile (FiKumiczek). Anyway i got banned too.

I tried to solve this shit on BF4 forum: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/en/forum/threadview/2955064768736226824/last/post_2955064768880772872

but as someone said before - ppl dont give us chance to speak normaly...

However i made a investigetion - i added many banned ppl and asked them about PC and configuration, software etc. For my information the most common things are:

- many (but not all) have dxtory

- some (but not all) have cheat engine (+ all those who have it says that they didnt used it on bf, what is anyway pointless cuz its only easier version of hex editor)

- many (but not all) have shadowplay (with means nvidia cards from series 600 and above)

- lot of banned have older but anyway nvidia cards

I'm trying to get as many info i can, so it can help EB to solve this... Atm they said it don't look like triggered by an error but i can bet my car, house, everything that it is error :|

So banned ppl please try answer do you have something similar then things i wrote above?

Also there is strange thing that we can play whole day on PB protected server but not one linked to pbbans...

I got banned with the 81515 banwave too. I never cheat on online multiplayer games. but ive got 2/4 of those things

I use Dxtory to stream to OBS because it's less cpu intensive than just using OBS.

I have Cheat engine because i couldnt get past a mission in Wargame rofl and i havent used it since. (I dont think CE worked on multiplayer games? I dunno I didnt look that far into the program)

But I use a geforce 6880 card.

I have a program called process lasso? I dont remember why I installed it.

and raidcall are the only ones that i always have on 

I have Cheat engine

you answered your question. it doesnot matter at all 'for what purpose/game/reason' you did. Gamehack violations are triggered by a certain pattern in system memory, pb does not see what caused the violation or for what purpose, so all questions 'what causes ...' are more or less futile. Yes CE is used in MP game hacks, though these are easy beef for pb. Anyway we will not give any cheat related information or allow discussions related to cheats.

Bottomline your word stands against a punkbuster violation backed by streamed evidence.

• Upvote 1

I've got cheat engine installed on my PC but using an AMD 5870 GFX

but wasn't open at the time which is only used for playing around with mods on the dead cubeworld game :(

Sent in ticket with EB but im guessing it'll get knocked back as i supposely cheated ;-;

From everything I have seen, read, been linked too.. NO ONE  knows what triggers this ban #81518. Everyone "in the know" simply says "a hack engine" when I know FOR A FACT of people with no hack engine on their machine getting banned for this.

Hi, I registered on the behalf of my brother who can't speak English, mine isn't perfect so please excuse me and correct me if I do wrong.

He didn't know he was banned from a server until an other player sent him a message telling him that he was and gave him that link : http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-9519848b-vb326879.html

I obviously asked him if he cheated and he answered me that he wouldn't do that on a game who costed him around 100 euros.

Knowing that PB can be triggered by a wide variety of things I investigated a bit more and asked him if he had anything that could be related to a hack or cheat. He told me that he uses cheat engine to cheat on candy crush on facebook (don't ask me why).

I'm not familiar with those things so I apologise if my questions sound stupid. So he was ban on that server, but he can still play on others who are also protected, how does it works ? The ban is only transmitted to the servers who are covered by pbbans ?

Is it legitimate to be banned on bf4 for cheating on another game? As I understand it PB can only detect programs used to cheat but can't see the game or application the cheat was used on ?

What should he do now ? Is there something to do ?

Let's say you carry a gun into a gas station and rob them. The next day you walk into a bank to deposit your spoils and they detect your gun. This automatically locks you out and you ask them why? They tell you that they found you have a gun and are banned from entering. You respond with I wasn't going to use the gun to rob you I only use that to rob gas stations. 

Use the same link in your post and click on "APPEAL This Ban"

Edited by SOC_JO
  • Upvote 1

If anyone is interested, EB gave an answer :

We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed. It is at the discretion of the third-party ban list administrator to remove any ban given as a result of this violation.

• Upvote 1

I got the same ban, made an appeal on EB site, that got same answer as everybody else, wanted to make an appeal on pbb site, but it says that it's not in MBI, so how does that work?? 

next thing:

on gcc site the time stamp says 21:04, my guild in swtor raids at that time so i wasn't even playing bf4 when i got that ban, huh ??

finally i got in touch with ea support, and a guy there said that he doesn't see my account being banned, again huh??

and he said that they already had few other ppl complaining about it... and to help me out i got a discount coupon to buy another copy but since i don't know what triggered the ban i'll stay way clear of any PB protected game.

Regards

Bart

I got the same ban, made an appeal on EB site, that got same answer as everybody else, wanted to make an appeal on pbb site, but it says that it's not in MBI, so how does that work?? 

next thing:

on gcc site the time stamp says 21:04, my guild in swtor raids at that time so i wasn't even playing bf4 when i got that ban, huh ??

finally i got in touch with ea support, and a guy there said that he doesn't see my account being banned, again huh??

and he said that they already had few other ppl complaining about it... and to help me out i got a discount coupon to buy another copy but since i don't know what triggered the ban i'll stay way clear of any PB protected game.

Regards

Bart

You'll need to appeal it through GGC.  Your GUID is banned there.  They will ask for details of your appeal to Evenbalance.