GAME HACK #81518

Stigmata_

Hello,

I've noticed over the period of 24 hours, there has been a rather large amount of bans, GAME HACK #81518, I would like to know if this is a legit ban or another false positive.

Thank you PB, Keep up the awesome work!

Here's how it works.

EB goes out and detects a cheat, based upon their internal workings (which we can only speculate on),they either raise the violation as silent , or the go out and start banning players.

After that point appeals start rolling in, PBBans cannot tell if an EB ban is valid or not, they can only provide information to EB in regards to their bans. If the ban wave isn't valid (meaning non cheat software raised the violation) then EB will remove the bans (if global) and announce the bans as invalid at a later date.

Obviously if the bans are rolling in, EB believes that they are in fact valid at this time.

Edited by Ice Man
  • Upvote 1

One of our admins got this ban and he IS NOT a cheater. He is a good player. His father is also an admin and would smash him and his machine if he caught him cheating. I just found out about it this morning and haven't heard back from him because of a time zone difference. I suspect there is some kind of third party software (not cheat software) involved here. I've told him via PM to appeal the ban with evenbalance.

I would rather PB be overly cautious and correct a false positive later than allow a cheat to go unpunished if that's in fact what it is. If it is I'll be very disappointed and sad.  

I've seen a few people in Battlelog saying they got it and they think it may be related to either the R11 patch or to the lateset Nvidia driver's Shadowplay. I updated my drivers but did not install the extras. 

Edited by GRENADIER

admin edit

Edited by Benway
no cheat related information is tolerated here. After 5 years of membership i assume you violate rules on purose, try it again and you are banned nosey prick.

yeah, I got this ban too. I kept getting the "friend left - joining cancelled" message and my bf4 kept getting black screened and leaving with no error message. then i saw it said i was banned for 

VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) 81518

yeah its gotta be somthing cause iv never cheated in my LIFE and i got ban fucked up how the ppl that hack dont get ban or anything but i get ban i dont get it i was playing fine with my CLAN and got off for 2 hours got back on join a server and bam im ban now i dont get it needs to be FIX i want to play 

I have never hacked... in fact..... i recently just bought the game. I have played bf 1942, bf Vietnam(buggiest game in the world), bf2 (one of my favorite games),bf 2142, bf3 and finally bf4. I have even bought the newest premium expansion pack membership. I've played bf4 sparingly throughout its release (mostly because of lag and bugs). I was issued the 81518 ban last night at 2am after i decided to play for a bit. My game client closed and i was sent back to my battlelog browser. Somone messaged me and notified me that i was banned and that they had no idea why. At this point im very confused and i have no idea what is going on. Sure enough i go to pbbans and see my fucking name. I literally just wanted to play bf4, but now my game is rendered useless because a third party company that i've never had trouble with until now claims that i was hacking. This is just absurd.... I have issued an appeal to even balance but they claim that this ban i have received for no reason is warranted. I cant prove that i was hacking or not hacking but i assure you if i wanted to waste my fucking money on absolutely nothing i wouldnt have done it this way. I want a resolution to this. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Edited by strider114

I got this unfair Ban as well.

Things I have change recently:

1) upgraded to win8.1

2) Download tool to force or change the windows metro start menu picture to a picture of my choice.

3) I Download the latest driver for Nvidia which include Shadow Play feature.

4) I use Steam at the same time and Also chat with a friend thru the steam app while in Origin.

Now this should have nothing to do with Battlefield 4

The ONLY mod tools that I have on my pc are for Skyrim and Borderlands and its because they allow IT.

This ban its absurd. My kill death ratio its a joke and my accuracy is .09%

How could I been cheating. Impossible. I'm very disappointed with my decision of getting this game. I hardly play also. I work at lot.

Someone needs to take better action a do a better job. banning people with no reason will create consequences. I know for sure I DID NOT cheat in Battlefield. I know I'm clean. So far I sent appeals to EB 4 times, no reply.

Im a victim here. Im innocent. The code they give me is 5c410392

I hope someone will take a closer look and fix this issue and remove this unfair ban to people getting it without cheating at all.

And since I buy the game recently, if this don't get fix in the next 4 days; I will have no choice than to contact my bank and claim this is a broken product I want my money back.

Exactly my problem too. Even though your stats doesn't matter in a hack violation, it should be a clear indication?. I was also banned for no reason, can't join any games, appealed my ban yesterday, and still no response. This is f'n absurd. I paid a lot of money for this game, only to be labled as a cheater, can bearly play the game because of all the bugs as well. I can't return the game because it has been opened, and certainly won't get a refund by telling them I was wrongfully banned. I really hope PB will fix this problem, otherwise you have lost a lot of loyal players

Edited by MrSarcasm2013

Exactly my problem too. Even though your stats doesn't matter in a hack violation, it should be a clear indication?. I was also banned for no reason, can't join any games, appealed my ban yesterday, and still no response. This is f'n absurd. I paid a lot of money for this game, only to be labled as a cheater, can bearly play the game because of all the bugs as well. I can't return the game because it has been opened, and certainly won't get a refund by telling them I was wrongfully banned. I really hope PB will fic this problem, otherwise you have lost a lot of loyal players

Well, lets hope Even Balance staff are reading this topic then :P because they are the creators and maintainers of PunkBuster™ software.

PBBans is a third party, privately run anti cheat streaming service and we are aware that a possible "false positive"  statement from Even Balance may be forthcoming ... but until that happens any recipient of Violation GAME HACK #81518 will remain on our banlist

Yup....they hit me with the same thing....I recently:

updated drivers

Got new processor and chip

Downloaded the ipad app for commander

I was playing fine and went to work....came home and tried to play and bam....black screen then post I was banned for 1200 minutes and was just told by my clan mates that I am permently banned now by PB. I hav3 been a FPS from way back....I am talking about doom on my 386k pc. I have played and owned EVERY Battlefield game and have never hacked...not once. Please dont give me the canned, "we'll see what EB says"....force the issue...go have them investigate.....this could really leave a bad name in the gaming community....PB is here to protect us from hackers....can't you help protect us from improper bans?

It isn't a canned response .... it's the truth.

Do you think we can snap our fingers and EB will jump ... we are a privately run third party anti cheat site ... not EA/DICE :P

Even Balance always have the last word on cheat violations raised by their own PunkBuster™ software.

If it was an MD5 scan / PB screenshot cheat related issue I could give you a definitive answer but because it is an EB violation we have no choice other than to sit tight and wait ... that goes for all of us.

Is there a way to find out what the ban was for? The canned responce was for the "game hack" violation notice. It needs to be more specific so IF it is really a mistake then the people that were banned could have some sort of way to help in the investigation of suspected hacks....in order to cleqr this matter fast.Here Iit is Christmas time and I have family coming over and its my favorite tim3 to show off my custom rig and brag about the new Battlefield 4. But instead of showing it off I get to tell them how I got screwed by PB and EB. It's absurd. But no worries...it's the holidays and at least I can be thankful that they cant mess up my other games....and it appearantly came from PB...not EB

Edited by Nathanabickerstaff

Even Balance (EB) are the creators and maintainers of PunkBuster™ software.

Your cheat related violation was raised because the server you were on was PB enabled.

PBBans is  a third party anti cheat streaming service that is not affiliated to EB in any way.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

False positives are normally dealt with by EB pretty quickly so ............... just sit tight and wait :P

The admin in my clan also recently built a new computer and downloaded new drivers. He also mention that he has a virus that pops up there 2 or 3 days that tries to extort money from him with a "we'll deactivate this if you pay us $300" pop up screen.

BTW, if this is a punkbuster violation, why is the ban not global?. The ban in my clan clearly says he is not globally banned by Even Balance.

ask Even Balance

the standard PB response to a violation is a 2 minute kick. turning that into a permanent ban across servers streaming to PBBans Hub is one of the services we offer

global bans are a relatively new development

http://www.pbbans.com/global-punkbuster-ban.html

The admin in my clan also recently built a new computer and downloaded new drivers. He also mention that he has a virus that pops up there 2 or 3 days that tries to extort money from him with a "we'll deactivate this if you pay us $300" pop up screen.

BTW, if this is a punkbuster violation, why is the ban not global?. The ban in my clan clearly says he is not globally banned by Even Balance.

Could you please send me the admin's name by PM.

I find it unacceptable to put legit players through this multiple appeal process.  We can't even get a forum thread going to figure out what the hell is going on without being harshly attacked every few minutes.  EB knows that reporting another major false positive within 30 days of the last one would be devastating to their service.  This leads me to think that they will do everything in their power to claim this is a legit ban.  Do the right thing and don't punish innocent people,  even if it hurts your reputation.  If this ban sticks it would surely encourage me to never purchase a PB enabled game again.

I realize this is out of pbbans control, but there is no safe place to vent.

• Upvote 1