Removing Ban

Bred4War

Hi guys

I've just purchased a copy of RTCW from Ebay, it was a private seller and not a retailer. I previosly owned the game back when it was released and fancied having another stab at it. It was brought mainly for the singleplayer game but I would like to play online from time to time. I installed the game today, set everything up and thought I'd have a quick go online. Unforunately, I found out I have brought a copy with a banned GUID/CD Key, One server did work but four others didn't, I was kicked for a prior ban/kick. I looked up the GUID on your list and it's there, several times over!

I hade this very same problem when I purchased a copy (new & sealed!!!) from an Ebay retailer a few weeks ago, luckily I have since found another copy (from Gamestation) with a clean GUID/CD Key. I don't really want to purchase another copy of RTCW as obviously I'll be paying twice and I'll be taking the risk of it happening again. On your Ban List I see somone had appealed the ban on the 12th March of this year, I guess this was not succesful.

Is there anything that can be done for this ban to be removed so I can play on PB servers?

Thanks

Bred4War

If the game your using already has a banned key then that game itself is only good for single play now or non-pb servers.... If infact its not your info on the actual ban then the only info I can tell you is buy a new game and try again {sealed game}....If because of the recent bad key usage it shows on YOUR record then just appeal it here at PBBans to keep your own name clean . It'll show weather or not you are the actual cheater or just someone who got shafted by a dirty sale. ;)

Is there anything that can be done for this ban to be removed so I can play on PB servers?

You can always try to appeal it but i doubt it will be lifted now if it was denied before

In this age of dynamic IP's and the ease with which you can switch ISP's the one thing that remains constant throughout is the pbguid generated by the cd key.

All anti cheat sites ban by pbguid and I'm afraid that if your recently purchased copy of rtcw generates a pbguid that is on our ban index then there is no way it will be removed because someone else "claims " to have purchased it :)

If you look at it from our point of view the "claimant" could quite easily be the original purchaser/cheater with a new ISP and IP.

Having said that, it has recently come to light that a fresh install of rtcw sometimes generates a completely different cd key than the one you would expect to see when pb is first enabled .. to make sure this is not what has happened to you, check your cd key in the options menu and make sure it is the same as the one on your cd case.

If you would like me to check your current pbguid for you, feel free to pm me via the forum or catch me on irc :)

Hi guys

A BIG THANKS :D to you Fozzer, the install had generated a completely different CD Key to the one I had typed in. So I re-entered the CD Key that came with the game and checked the new GUID. Thankfully it was clean, I would never have thought of that!

Thanks again :D :D :D

alls well that ends well eh :)

great to get a bit of feedback when we help to resolve a problem - its not always the case but I guess that revolves around so many who come here after having cheated to argue against cast iron streamed evidence :D

have fun and stay clean :P

Having said that, it has recently come to light that a fresh install of rtcw sometimes generates a completely different cd key than the one you would expect to see when pb is first enabled .. to make sure this is not what has happened to you, check your cd key in the options menu and make sure it is the same as the one on your cd case.

So i see its not only sof2 that have this problem

Glad it was sorted for you now enjoy the game :)

• 2 years later...