Q on cvar updates

Necromancer.

the update stuff appear to be broken...

im intrested in how often you update the cvars used by hacks (you do that right!?), and how do i update my server (set those cvars in the server) ?

Master Config Index, Streaming Game Admin, a few details can be found here. On another note any cfg without streaming is close to useless.

ah well, i used PsB, but theres alot of cheats around here lately, and PsB only bans by PB violations, but PB doesnt seem to get those cheaters, thats why im asking about the Cvar list, and if its getting updated regulary (were you get it anyway?!), as it seems to be more efficient then just sit back and wait till evenbalance do something about it.

i guess thats the only reason i have to start (or not...) streaming to pbbans... no offence...

Edited by Necromancer.

no problem to Multistream, pbbans uses hub-streaming method, rep-stream to psb can be left as is. Re cvars, for hub streaming servers with generic hub cvar scans enabled it doesnt even matter how often updates are made, as even custom hacks get the boot, random example; updates on demand (see), e.g. today if i find the time LoL

hub stream setup is done with 7 rcon commands nps http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19266

if you dont mind i'll split this topic in a sec :P

im not intersted in multi-stream, actually, PsB follows the PB kicks, and PB doest get the cheaters, so its really useless, i dont really care whats heppening on other servers.... i dont need a Master Ban List, i just want my server clean.

so im not streaming to PsB anymore, because it doesnt help me to ban hackers...

could you please explain how the generic hub cvar scans works?

correct me if im wrong, but from what i understand, you (PBbans) give me a list of cvars used by hacks, PB scans them for every connected user, and kicks for it, the kick get sent to pbbans (streaming) and then pbbans add him to the Master Ban List (or index or whatever).

*at the start of the topic i said the links are broken, i some of the links in the "[Tutorial]PBBans for dummies, ..or how to protect your server from hackers", mostly the links under "How to setup update process"

Edited by Necromancer.

Generic Scan doesnt require cvar lists to be loaded. I wont get into detail other then it makes cheaters get caught cuz they think there all that and more till their private hack gets detected..

I used to stream to PsB, and found their configs caused a lot of lag-issues with my servers. Not saying that what they do is wrong...ANY anti-cheat config is better than nothing!

Pbbans has given me a config that works, and it's proving itself every day. I have it running, on 4 servers.

No lag, and it catches a lot of what myself and other admin really should not have to police in the first place.

I highly recommend you start streaming, and get your servers on-board.

Edited by RoadWarrior

correct me if im wrong, but from what i understand, you (PBbans) give me a list of cvars used by hacks, PB scans them for every connected user, and kicks for it, the kick get sent to pbbans (streaming) and then pbbans add him to the Master Ban List (or index or whatever).

Roughly: Yes.

As said mci :P is restricted to sga access, and for reasons i may add, note these forums are 'public' i.e. vistied by google, details are discussed only in the private forum areas visible to sgas. Hub scans for certain patterns, the difference is sort of obvious between matching a defined "string" and a *part* ...

i would understand if you dont want to release the cvar list or whatever...but how will i decide to join pbbans and become a SGA if you dont release any information? something about the principle or something ill know it works... :blink:

Quite simply, you have no reason not to join, unless you yourself have something to hide. Joining not only gains you access, but assures us all that we are adding another genuine Anti-cheater to our groups. excuse me if I speak out of turn, but I am naturally a suspicious type anyway. Simply out, the custom cvars are for members only. So join. It has been a great asset to our servers and helped us become known for being a clean, straight shooting clan and server.

Hope this helps,

Milky

i just want to know how effective it is, i tought PsB was good too, at first, when pb got most of the bans, but as it turned in useless, ive stopped straming to them, and not because of the lag or anything, it was just useless.

im playing et about 4 years, with 1 nick -> Necromancer ( [uSEF]Necromancer ) you are welcome to check it...

i had diffrent GUIDs cus i reinstalled et, and got a new PC in the proccess, but ive never used hacks in any game...exept a trainer once in HomeWorld, but c'mon, you cant finish the game without it... just wanted to know how it ends...which i didnt got to see, cus the game was too old for XP and kept crashing pfffffff

aright aright you convinced me, now, lets say i did those 7 rcon lines (its ssh access, so rcon would be easier), were i get the SGA stats from? that guide said to post somewhere, but the link is broken.

aright aright you convinced me, now, lets say i did those 7 rcon lines (its ssh access, so rcon would be easier), were i get the SGA stats from? that guide said to post somewhere, but the link is broken.

Just make a post here bro

A team account will be created for you and your forum access will be upgraded :)

okie sweet, posted, umm.. it says hub streaming is better, but i only got rcon, so ive setup the rcon (old) method, ill still be able to use your cool toys right?

There are 2 methods to initiate streaming.

rep - which is the old pbsvlog.cfg method

hub - which is exclusive to PBBans and is quite the shining star here :)

Both need admin validation at our end as final confirmation of streaming, in your case the old rep application will simply be deleted.