Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back

MaydaX

I disagree m8 :)

If sof2 server admins ran pure servers and the proper guidrelax settings, then a lot of bother could have been avoided in the first place, not to mention the attitude of the game devs re security exploits etc.

Yes fozzer I agree with your comments but Evenbalance must share some of that blame as well as server admins and game devs.

Anyway getting back on topic. I still feel that SOF Payback is a hoax.

It's all very well for sites to say Activision has made a statement but where is that statement on the Activision site? Nowhere!

Also where are the credits at the end of the trailers. Yes you get a small Activision splash screen but no proper credits like other game trailers.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a new version of SOF released but I'll believe nothing until I've got a copy in my hands.

SOFPB: Will Soldier Of Fortune (PC) feature an Anti-Cheat such as PunkBuster?

Activision: No, they are not using PunkBuster at the moment.

SOFPB: I want to clarify that answer by asking if PunkBuster is

planned at a later time, or is there a plan to provide a different

Anti-Cheat solution?

Activision: At the present time, there is no anti-cheat support planned,

but we will be monitoring the multiplayer gameplay from day 1 and if

people seem to be taking advantage of the systems, then we will look

into a proper solution.

http://www.sofpayback.com/news.php?readmore=20

Activision has launched the official site for the upcoming Soldier of

Fortune: Payback. The website features a new trailer and exclusive screenshots,

videos and weapons profiles. The game is slated for release on November 13 for

PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=24413

http://www.mercenarieswanted.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I started in sof moved over to sof2 and now i kick my self in the a$$ for buying sof3 OMG.... waste of space on my HD there is nothing good to say about it you cant lean i love to lean to shit talking though player chat THERE IS NOTHING!!!!!!!!! my last 2 cents COD4 FTW!!!!!!!

Lets start with the positives of sof3-payback;

There are none :)

Now lets get to the negatives;

The only things you can change in the options are video related (resolution, brightness etc)

No cheat protection.

No lean.

Not even a cfg. lol

It's made (if you could call it that) :) by activision value, which I take it is like a cheap and nasty version of the real thing.

It does not even have a cd key, so if you aquire it from somewhere :P you do not need a crack to get it working.

I was going to say total waste of time and effort, but not a lot of effort has gone into making this.

This has to be a contender for the worst game ever released and from what I see is a cheap and nasty rip off that will just rake in some $$$ for feck all.

I feel sorry for whats left of the sof2 community who thought this might regenerate some life/enthusiasm back into the sof game genre, when all it has done is knock another nail in the coffin.

I feel sorry for whats left of the sof2 community who thought this might regenerate some life/enthusiasm back into the sof game genre, when all it has done as knock another nail in the coffin.

I can't even begin to describe how bad and let down I feel. Fozzer I could sit here and add so much to your list bit it's not worth typing it. Unless you want it for a console save your money. :angry:

I can't even begin to describe how bad and let down I feel. Fozzer I could sit here and add so much to your list bit it's not worth typing it. Unless you want it for a console save your money. :angry:

Yah, I thought it prudent to keep the list of whats bad about this game deliberately low so as to not waste half the bloody forum space lol.

I would rather have seen no pc version released, than this travesty of a game.

Some lazy fooker has just altered a bit of code so it can play on a pc, its so obvious its a console orientated game that has just been pieced together by some fecking geek who has never played a pc game. :angry:

At least I'm assuming this piece of crap is ok for the console brigade, it might well turn out to be just as bad on a console lol