Pbbans User Survey

RodeoBob

Site Updates and Ideas for Improvement  

829 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find the layout of PBBans.com to be user-friendly?

• Yes
    • No, please post and tell us why you voted No
  2. 2. Were you able to easily find the information that you were looking for?

• Yes
    • No, please post and tell us why you voted No
  3. 3. If you setup your server to stream to PBBans, how long did it take you from start to finish?

• under 15 minutes
    • 15 to 30 minutes
    • 30 minutes to an hour
    • I gave up and needed PBBans Staff assistance
    • I don't have a server to stream
  4. 4. Would you like to see any tools, gadgets, or changes made to our site or streaming services? (Please post your comments in this thread to assist us with our future plans).

• Yes
    • No

I would love to be able to stream my home based COD4 server

LAN-IPs will spam the Master Player Index random example with unuseable data, thus this is no viable option really. If i ran a home server, the server IP would change every 24 hours (what was even worse as these IPs are not that easy to identify like LAN IPs) :rolleyes:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest warp-10

it would be nice to have all the screenshot submissions go into there own game categories

i find it very hard to vote on anything here as i dont play all the game

and you have to scroll through all shots submitted for all games

would be nice to just log in go the the review forum pick the game i no about and vote on the shots sumbitted

I'm a Linux user, and i like to see a client (like Yawn) for Linux that permit to me to see what players had a Ban from PB...

for example, i'm playing on a server, i write /players in console and it says if any players had a triangle on yawn or a kick/ban on pbbans!!

it will be a good tool :)

I think PB bans is generally doing a FANTASTIC job, though that is not to underestimate the difficulty of keeping up with what I suppose must be a constantly developing cheat scene.

I play far far far too much BF2142, and so I even more than most players have seen games ruined by cheats, however, if it weren't for PB Bans, then I expect there would be even more of them, and the game would be truly unplayable.

My one suggestion for the site is this:

If an alias search brings up a clean entry along with one associated with a ban, then it might be a good idea to have a little asterisk and a note by the entry saying something to the effect of: "NOTE: As this alias is also associated with a clean GUID, this player may well have been the victim of name-spoofing, and so it would be wrong to assume they are a cheat if you encounter them in-game".

I have been name-spoofed twice now (once on the 19th, and again on the 21st of last month), and since then I have found myself on a number of occasions having to explain the complexities of name-spoofing to people in order to retain their trust, since they browsed PB Bans and found my player name there.

That's a very small suggestion, and I hope you appreciate that I have nothing but the utmost respect for your operation.

All the best,

Forces(UK)

p.s. God only knows why EA have you do all this hard work getting rid of cheats, only to allow the number one player in the UK to remain in the leader board with a best round score of 5500!

Edited by Forces(UK)

First i would like to point out i am very impressed with the whole package here at PBBans,

For feed back purposes only i would like to point out i am new totaly new to server set up,configs, pb, and the whole thing.

I did find that while the tutorials info etc was VERY usefull and "held my hand" through all the set up and instalation processes, i was not sure at times if i had installed or modded everything that was needed.

I have to be honest and say yes i am a noob, but even noobs detest cheaters that attempt to spoil our enjoyment of online gaming.

Although i streamed the server to the hub, (again highly impressed at how user freindly the tutorials and program are) it was the following day after reading through the forums and site etc finding out what you where all talking about i.e

Access to server configs, CVAR and MD5 check lists.

RSS and XML Feeds for all bans.

and translating it into noobish lingo that i realised i did need this and i hadnt installed this stuff and actually no cheats could be caught on my server. My point i think is a master list in noobish of the basic items required to install and what they do would be good, im sure you will provide me with where the links are now? :blush: but before you do please make sure they are on the main page and in noobish.. i.e clearly stating you need this to do this, not in headers like pat/jpat what ever that is :blush: but a header click here for what is needed.

i must point out again i was highly impressed at how easy it was to do this with the tutorial and hand holding.

I am sorry for the long and boring post and i hope i have made a point without anyone feeling this is critism of a superb community and program that i am wholy greatfull to, i mean hell im even a little less noobish..lol

Edited by LordThor

I think it has been touched on regarding screen shots. Something simple for us that are not very computer literate and an easy way to submit the questionable screen shots.

You guys do a fantastic job! With more and more hackers out there it is nice to know someone is trying to help keep the trash taken out.

Point 1:

Name spoofing check - when a player joins a server their guid is calculated, would it not be possible to store a known guid of a player here and when that player connects to a streaming server, check whether it matches the one stored here and kick them if it doesn't?

e.g. If a player called monkeyfiend joins a PBbans streaming server and their GUID doesn't match the one I have stored here then a kick is issued?

I know you can do similar locally on a server and can do something like this if you pay subscriptions to EB, but something that works accross all pbbans streaming servers would be good.

Point 2:

Account linking where guids are linked by IP and by alias are useful, however just because a clean guid is linked to a caught guid does not neccessarily prove guilt.

1. it could be a cheater that has acquired a new cd key and generated a new guid

2. A noob could be using a name spoofer to incriminate an innoncent player, so just because they have a linked caught guid, does not necessarily prove them guilty of anything.

To differentiate the two, would it be possible to add specific highlighting when a caught & clean guid are linked AND they contain the same aliases/IP range?

I believe this would also address a similar post above :)

If someone is spoofed they will almost certainly be spoofed by someone on a different IP range (different provider/geographic location) - so this would make it easier to tell whether they are the victim of spoofing or a noob thats been caught and has got themselves a new guid to carry on their mischief.

Cheers,

MonkeyFiend

(sneakymonkeys.com)

Edited by MonkeyFiend

A Clanbase clan scanner, a page where you can enter there clanbase ID it returns the list of players and shows if there banned or not.

I have a php script which gets the guid's already. PM me if you want it.

Big thanks from the FMJP Full Metal Jacket potatoes

www.eurogamerspro.com

The game is fun and clean with your help.

The people don't even try to accuse people of using aimbots since we installed it and that

stops the chat spammers.

Shame we cannot detect Heli seat switching and other game errors they use to make an advantage but that's gameing right.

Lets hope BF3 does not allow them to stay in the air in the second seat and the J10 does not turn on a sixpence with a gun like a bomb. :)

BF2 is simply amazing and with PBbans help it stays fun www.fmjp.co.uk come join us.

Mike

A Clanbase clan scanner, a page where you can enter there clanbase ID it returns the list of players and shows if there banned or not.

I have a php script which gets the guid's already. PM me if you want it.

Clownbase is not supported by PBBans.

The only thing I would like improving slightly in the forum is the search option, everything else seems fine for me <_>

#pbbans PBBANSBOT could do a little improvement also, if I !brick Foxdie it kicks me :lol:

I'd really like to see a detailed tutorial on how to configure and use pb-screenshots correctly, because it wont work for me...

All in all I really appreciate your hard work here :) Keep it up!

Edit: Ok ok I found it :P

Edited by RemizZ

I myself would like to take the time to say THANK YOU TO THE PBBANS STAFF you guys are outstanding and I can't really say enough good words about you guys! As for the site it is very easy to find almost any thing you want. I can't really see any way to improve, but I will add it does get flooded a lot because so many people here are active. Which is a good thing! :lol:

Pb is doing a great job keeping most of these hackers out of our server. like mention before language filter would be great to see. but all in all you guys have done a great job.

I have no real complaints about what you guys are doing. Everything works fine. My only issue is the site layout. It would be nice if the forums, etc. were more imbedded into the main part of the site, meaning it would be nice if the menus were included in most parts of the site, instead of having to navigate to the "Visit our Website" link to show the menus.

You guys have done an excellent job in providing the server admins of the world with the tools to thwart cheaters and their attempts at unfair gameplay. I applaud you for your efforts and I hope that I can get my system back online with pbbans. My GSP is trying to "fix" my issues with lag/crashing when screenshots are in force, but they haven't gotten back with me on that. When they do, I will be streaming to pbbans once again and I will be a happy camper once again.

KUDO's!

Edited by IrritableGimp

I have 3 servers in pbbans, and i only can say that,s the best solution for all people that want to made his server a secure place, not 100%, but in this life, nothing is 100% secure.

In my clan we don,t like to play in a server without pbbans, ppbans show to all people who is the cheater, and where he was caugth.

GO,GO PBBANS. ;)

p.s. God only knows why EA have you do all this hard work getting rid of cheats, only to allow the number one player in the UK to remain in the leader board with a best round score of 5500!

A little FYI on that comment and I think I speak on PBBans behave here, PBBans don't care what EA do, PBBans support the community thru EB and their excellent software name PunkBuster :)

When it comes to bad coding and all that other shit who follow up in the trails of this game, EA don't care about you at all, EA is just a big money machine who will milk out every penny you have left and then leave. I do really hope players who like the to play the game BF2 start porting over to better suited games who really support their fans, one in particular I have in mind is Splash Damage, SD have done an incredible job to make this game as kick ass it actually are. Thing is, it do require allot of teamwork, and indeed strange BF2 players haven't seen this excellent game for such play.

Well a little sidekick there, but lets face it, will BF3 be any better you think? Or BF Heroes for that matter?

Most likely no, not at all. You will find glitchers, statpadders and hacker for sure in this game as well, and the whine start all over again :)

I have no real complaints about what you guys are doing. Everything works fine. My only issue is the site layout. It would be nice if the forums, etc. were more imbedded into the main part of the site, meaning it would be nice if the menus were included in most parts of the site, instead of having to navigate to the "Visit our Website" link to show the menus.

+1

Can make it more easy at times indeed, maybe you personal account buttons available that way?

Pbbans is a great site.

My first attempt to stream our both servers was easily and quickly completed.

The system of signature for the servers is fine, although it would be great if it was possible to customize it even more (especially talking about the background -the image itself).

As an gameserver admin, I have also found several sites where cheats for various games are easily available to anyone. Is there a way to use the information found there, especially by sending you a feedback on the cheats that can be downloaded and mentionned as undetected by PB for you to use the information to chase cheaters with even more accuracy?

I would like to see the Hub Live not only show the latest screenshot filename for a player which it already does. I would like to see the actual screenshot.

Thanks Pbbans you guys go a great job and great service for the community.

Edited by *TNA* Exterminator

Only thing I can think of that would be nice is a device to put on our front website that would put a list of recent hackers and cheaters that pbbans has booted! We love pbbans, we see action almost every time we play. Keep up the good work!

I refer to pbbans on a regular basis to keep myself and my clan informed on known cheaters to keep our server clean. I generally see it as a largely reliable hub for that sort of information. However I have one suggestion.

Some form of indication when a player is spoofed onto the banlist would be nice. My PlayerID/name is up there (under a different GUID and IP of course - spoofed by a known cheater) but now I've suffered immense repurcussions on my gaming because of it. My clans name has been dirtied, and when we win games I get regularly accused of cheating. I've been banned from servers by overzealous admins and often have to explain to multiple people what's going on.

Pbbans knows my GUID is clean, I know it, and I can prove it. But the wayward pbbans visitor, they're going to think I'm a cheat, and the policy of not hiding the spoofed PID has caused me numerous problems on numerous occasions. This site CAN be abused and there needs to be some form of failsafe for that.

So yeah, that would be my suggestion. Some indication on the ban reference itself that the actual player listed is a victim of a PID spoof. Given that pbbans is able to check GUID's attributed to a player for "cleanliness", surely this could be implemented?

The following 2142 bans are PID spoofs on genuine players who don't deserve to have their names tarnished:

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=65971 (Real cheat = M.F.A - check IP range 88.108 for bans on pbbans and psb and you will find MANY entries)

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=66671 (Real cheat = M.F.A)

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=66986 (Real cheat = d3lit3 - also on pbbans twice)

And finally, http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=57633 my ban, one of the aliases of which is "UkBombard", who is also listed http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=59006 - 88.108 IP. Guess who.

Please stop cheats abusing your system to stop innocent players having fun.

Edited by Lolyn

I love every thing you guys have done for us, I would like to see a way to submit a demo for BF2 to help protect us from the aimboters out there and some of the other hacks undetected by punkbusters..