Low Ping Game Servers Sold

Live

Did another GSP buy lpgs?? if so who?? I think i need a new gsp..

Yes, All thou LPGS was bought by another GSP, LPGS is still its own provider just new bosses.

Everything is staying the same, from prices to support we will always be there to answer any questions you have/get what you need to make your time with us the best it can.

Just an update from our end. We decided to leave after our servers expired to move on to another host. The other host did not provide what was agreed to so I decided to give LPGS a chance to see what they could do for us with a dedicated server. Since some tickets from before and my complaints here; things from their end seem to have improved. Trevor and William have been very helpful and timely in their responses and we have reached a deal. Not happy that Andy had to move on but understand why he did. We will see how things work with new management but are pleased at this point with the resolution. I felt it only fair to post what efforts they have made to make things right and provide quality service. Hopefully it continues and so far they have turned around my original opinions. ;)

Thanks for the kind words, If there is anything that i can do just let me know.

These guys are going to handle our dedicated; they can hook you up or there are others around here as well.

it sux that I have 5 active BC2 servers and would lose everyone.. I just wish we were able to transfer server guids.

it sux that I have 5 active BC2 servers and would lose everyone.. I just wish we were able to transfer server guids.

Well, not sure how to rectify that. You could try to notify all the regulars ingame and on your website. They would eventually find you but its tough. We went through that some years back and it took a lot of effort to bring things back. The only other option is to hang on and hope things improve.

it should be possible

some GSP were doing it for in house ip:port changes iirc

we have changed the server names to "moving to new IP:port here" and spammed it in console messages for a month in the past

better than nothing and much better than expecting them to just find you again

but i guess in BC2 you can't do that......

it should be possible

some GSP were doing it for in house ip:port changes iirc

lpgs is trying to get a copy of my serverids from my old GSP, but I doubt they will hand it over.

DICE should make a new rule lol!

Edited by marrr

• 3 months later...

It would be interesting to see how many of the old Game Server Providers are owned by the same parent company.

Doesn't look like starting up your own GSP would be a wise move, only a few around that are still ran by the original owner.

Doesn't look like starting up your own GSP would be a wise move, only a few around that are still ran by the original owner.

It's even harder with more and more games taking the trusted provider route.

It's even harder with more and more games taking the trusted provider route.

True but at least LPGS will have the ranked files soon for the BF series which is good; thinking of going back to BF2 and Project Reality for awhile.

True but at least LPGS will have the ranked files soon for the BF series which is good; thinking of going back to BF2 and Project Reality for awhile.

To answer the questions,

There is no parent company for LowPingGameServers, the people who bought the company do own another GSP but both company is there own.

Now as for the Ranked games.

While agree it is bad for the end user there is however a plus side to it by not relasing the server file helps keep the game intact.Not sure how many here know of the small proble that has just pop up with SOF2 servers, since the game is open code there has deen a server side nightmare, where as the server gets attacked and the bandwidth goes thru the roof causing huge bandwith overages.

Where as if the server files stay protected there is less of a chance of stuff like this happing.

Starting Feb 15, 2011 we be hosting RANKED BF2 and BF2142 servers.

We look forwad to being you gameserver provider.

If you have any questions feel free to contacts us

While that thinking may be true to some point I think the obvious exception would be BF2. Sooner or later someone will find a work around and instead or putting so much effort in games worrying about perks an non-essential garbage in games devs need to concentrate on the quality of games and code. I don't believe that one provider for any game is a good thing, period.

I don't believe that one provider for any game is a good thing, period.

I agree with you 110%

to limit a game to only one provider is just plain wrong and i hope that we never see it again.

Dont get me wrong on my last post. I agree that having games files "locked down" is a bad idea from a gamers side, but on the same note I also see why it is at that point for Dev's to make games like this, to help protect the games themselves.

It is just something that we as a community will have to get used to as from what has been the norm will likely contiune in the future.

to help protect the games themselves.

The only benefit closing the files off gives is the ability to push out patches easier through internal procedures/QA

There is no wider benefit than that: server files = leaked, piracy = still happens and these are the two things that are supposed to not happen at all costs.

• Upvote 1

Darn, we just recently moved to a new provider a month ago. Since we have a strong presence in bf2/2142 we couldn't go with LPGS at the time. But now they just recently got the ranked certification makes me wish we had stay with our previous provider just a little while longer before moving :(

LPGS is the best out there today. I had servers from them temporarily and it was the best experience ever. The day we move our dedicated servers, for whatever reason, to a new provider, LPGS will be our final home :)

The source code being released for SoF2 is what allowed punks to attack SoF2 servers not the dedicated server files. I'm still pissed at Activision for allowing activision-value developer to use Soldier of Fortune name to help sell a worthless generic game for $50.

The only benefit for restricting files imo is for the publishers to milk customers for new content.

I don't mind seeing expansion pack like BF2:SF that adds a lot of new content. I think if a game sells millions of copiesthe publishers should rewards its customers with some free content. That would gain customers trust. Stay away from flood the market with a new version every year.

I see more and more gaming communities renting managed dedicated machines (own dedicated resources). That way they can host as many games they want without it costing them more money. If the GSP offers games where the publisher restricts files you can set one of those up too. Our GSP allows us to do that, plus they even host daemon-tools for basic in-game admin powers for BFBC2 and MoH.

Will LowPings ever ditch the weird sound on its home page banner?

I'm surprised its still there after so many years. :P

To answer the questions,

There is no parent company for LowPingGameServers, the people who bought the company do own another GSP but both company is there own.

Now as for the Ranked games.

While agree it is bad for the end user there is however a plus side to it by not relasing the server file helps keep the game intact.Not sure how many here know of the small proble that has just pop up with SOF2 servers, since the game is open code there has deen a server side nightmare, where as the server gets attacked and the bandwidth goes thru the roof causing huge bandwith overages.

Where as if the server files stay protected there is less of a chance of stuff like this happing

Actually, there is a "parent" company. If it is owned by another business, whether each are separate entities or not, it is still a parent company and "new bosses" as someone had written.

And yes everyone is having a problem with SOF2. We are actually testing out a "patch" right now, and if it weren't for Raven releasing the source we wouldn't even have that to work with. Sof would be dead at this point and the master server could go down and no one would care.

The only benefit closing the files off gives is the ability to push out patches easier through internal procedures/QA

There is no wider benefit than that: server files = leaked, piracy = still happens and these are the two things that are supposed to not happen at all costs.

Wrong. There is no benefit to locking down the server files other than people can't change and run the server as THEY see fit.

The source code being released for SoF2 is what allowed punks to attack SoF2 servers not the dedicated server files. I'm still pissed at Activision for allowing activision-value developer to use Soldier of Fortune name to help sell a worthless generic game for $50.

The only benefit for restricting files imo is for the publishers to milk customers for new content.

I don't mind seeing expansion pack like BF2:SF that adds a lot of new content. I think if a game sells millions of copiesthe publishers should rewards its customers with some free content. That would gain customers trust. Stay away from flood the market with a new version every year.

I see more and more gaming communities renting managed dedicated machines (own dedicated resources). That way they can host as many games they want without it costing them more money. If the GSP offers games where the publisher restricts files you can set one of those up too. Our GSP allows us to do that, plus they even host daemon-tools for basic in-game admin powers for BFBC2 and MoH.

You are correct, gaming has taken a turn for the worse and we as gamers let it happen. It started with BF2 and just continued. If we support the developers in letting them take away what pc gaming is based on, of course they are going to put us to the screws. No mod tools? No Dedicated server files, P2p hosting and matchmaking? Leave that to the console market.

BattleField2: SF wasn't free though. It was a paid for add on that they decided to put out for download later on down the line. So if you are like soo many that bought it, you were pretty hostile hearing they gave it out for free.

And yes if you do purchase a Dedicated Box for your community, you can get a ranked server installed, you lose out on Remote Desktop Access though.

**Side note Xfactor Servers was also sold. The new company is doing quite well with it. No the new company wasn't a gaming company, but a webhosting company. So like so many other times, as with the AwoC buying wolf, service didn't go down hill, it went up.

**Second Side note: Sim: You are correct with the issue of SOF3: Payback. Terrible that they allowed the game to fall so far as to be done by a value developer, but then , they had the title sitting on the shelf and didn't think they could come close to the success of 2. It was indeed a terrible game. I was only brought on board with the SOF3 payback site to lend it some sort of credibility. I was once known as Merrick. I still moderate for Gamingforums/soffiles.com

Edited by DSPSysop

Wrong. There is no benefit to locking down the server files other than people can't change and run the server as THEY see fit.

Re-read it:

The only benefit closing the files off gives is the ability to push out patches easier through internal procedures/QA. (serverside, not client)