Homefront PC

MaydaX

The PC version is being handled by Digital Extremes. What sort of PC specific features can we expect for Homefront?

There are a number of PC-specific features we'll be unveiling shortly. We've already confirmed that, whilst both console and PC formats will benefit from dedicated Multiplayer servers, PC owners will be able to host and configure their own servers – a feature that has been disappearing from the core pc gaming landscape over the past few years

What can you tell us about the game's multiplayer features at this stage?

Homefront
multiplayer will bring what we do best – epic, large scale multiplayer with a mixture of infantry and vehicles, which includes up to 32 players on a map and dedicated servers for all platforms. We also have some exciting innovations to reveal that we think will reinvigorate the multiplayer space and really appeal to core FPS online gamers out there

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/10/19/interview-we-chat-with-kaos-studios-senior-single-player-desig/

How funny is that, the desert combat guys stick it to EA and Activision for the shitty RSP program. If it has PB I will fully support it.

I will gladly get a server if it has PB as well. BTW, Kaos studios are the same ones that made Frontlines: Fuel of War. So, it may have PB after all. :bad_1hee:

You can follow them on twitter: http://twitter.com/homefrontgame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_bisIzNBo&feature=player_embedded

Never going to touch this and had no intention of when it was announced.

This same company (Kaos) released FFOW, Frontlines Fuel of War and after what the devs/mods did on those forums my mind is already made up.

Players posts disappearing and some players banned for asking the devs to give us some information about the game, the server browser being badly broken when it was released was one such problem, we heard nothing off them for a long time and in the end I left the game and the forums through lack of support as did several other clans, I believe a patch was eventually released although I have no idea when.

I dislike the way they treated some players asking genuine questions, don't take my word for it, the forums can still be found, check some of those posts if they haven't been deleted.

The dev's may have got mad at people asking the same question in many threads and wanted to reduce flame threads. That is why I am a big fan of using the forums' search feature before posting a question or else I would get flamed for asking a question that has already been asked and answered.

Renegade, FFOW was one hell of a game. There were some issues in the forums due to the drop in support for the game. The planes and choppers flew like crap but had the continued to work on the game it would far exceed any game I have seen for a long time. I loaded it back on my system and for the few of us that have the game I am going to put up a small server on our dedicated to play for fun. Out of about 800 world wide players, most of them are in the EU region so I get bad ping but have a great time regardless. Lets hope with this version they don't drop the support ball and support it. They have a huge potential here; if done in the correct way... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, no promises because they are going to release the same crap as before. Nothing here to see... Move along.

I finally got a new system to play the current games. Finally got to see BFBC2 in its full visual glory. Same player shit that has been in the gaming community for the last several releases; sadly I just don't have the patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Got evidence to back that up with?

Shacknews: Well, the point being that THQ has transitioned to Steamworks when there was a focus on the Games for Windows Live platform. Where did that change come from and what has been the reaction at Microsoft?

Danny Bilson: It's been easier for development [moving to Steamworks], so far, but Microsoft is really talking to me a lot about getting back on Games for Windows Live. So, it's not something I want to comment on because there are a lot of discussions going on about that right now. I like both platforms and I really, really, really like Microsoft as a partner. They're fantastic partners. I want to respect them.

There are a lot of discussions going on about that now because it's a sensitive issue. But from a development point of view, it has been easier on Steamworks. That has nothing to do with Steam as a distribution platform, as you know. The developers really like it, but again, I have incredible respect for Microsoft and they're really fantastic partners. And so, there's a lot of ongoing discussion about that.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66318

Doesn't say VAC but moving to Steamworks = VAC.

Be a shame if it does go with VAC, this was an upcoming game my squad had its eye on after (what we considered to be) the failures of Black Ops and Medal of Honour.

If it goes with VAC the squad won't want to touch it unfortunately so that will be yet another new title coming out we will have to bypass.

• 4 weeks later...
THQ's launch plans for its heavily hyped upcoming first person shooter Homefront are starting to be revealed. According to a report over at Shacknews the game will use THQ's new Online Pass feature. The feature is basically a free code that's put into all new copies of the game and activated by the user. People who purchase a used copy of Homefront will still be able to access the game's single player campaign and all of the game's multiplayer maps without an Online Pass code. However the player's online character won't be able to progress beyond level 5 in the game's multiplayer mode without purchasing an Online Pass from THQ for $10.

This feature won't affect PC players that much as there is not much of a market for purchasing used PC games. It is clearly designed mostly for people who will be getting cheaper used Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Homefront from places like GameStop or Shacknews' parent company Gamefly. Homefront is due to be released for all platforms on March 8.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2011/01/05/report-homefront-to-use-thq-online-pass-feature-used-game-copi/

Guess it's ranked for sure :P.

Certainly what it appears to be, but would be nice for the devs to confirm it. Either way, I won't be buying until post release reviews are out anyway. That goes for all games going forward. BC2 was my last pre-order ever.

I second that Injun, my last preorder was BC2 (only for the beta access btw) and that was after the disaster of MW2 and Black Ops. Look how that turned out. :lol:

Once bitten twice shy, and to be honest if it rolls with VAC then the game is dead competitively as a MP game as far as I and my clan are concerned. Which is a crying shame as we had our eyes on this one as something to move into after all the recent failures and near failures.

I guess we just sit and wait for decent game, with decent anti cheat protection and competitive gaming in the core build, like buses we will wait for ages and two will turn up at once. At least I can hope .... B)