Homefront PC

MaydaX

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/15/us-thq-shares-idUSTRE72E7E620110315?feedType=RSS&feedName=globalMarketsNews&rpc=43

THQ's shares plummeted 20.5 percent, or $1.23, to $4.73 in afternoon trading on the Nasdaq.

The first-person shooter game "Homefront" received a score of 75 -- out of a possible 100 -- on Metacritic, a website that tracks reviews of games. The market leader in war-themed games is Activision Blizzard's (ATVI.O) "Call of Duty: Black Ops," which has a score of 88 on the website.

"This score is a bit of a disaster for THQ and the share price today is reflecting that," said Janco Partners analyst Mike Hickey. "The market is a quality driven market (and) you need at least a score of 80 and above on Metacritic to do well."

. "The market is a quality driven market (and) you need at least a score of 80 and above on Metacritic to do well."

Really?! I think thats the most inaccurate statement I have seen to date. Ahh what a world...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108906-THQ-Lays-Off-30-at-Homefront-and-Red-Faction-Devs

Homefront released just last month to generally decent sales, but the numbers apparently weren't enough to keep the company from downsizing. I'm glad that THQ has made it clear that it will try to provide for the departing employees as much as possible.

1,510 - Currently playing

2,603 - Peak today

The stats are very, very telling of the success of this game. A real shame because the MP, once the patch is out, will be great.

Ouch!

Wonder whats at the root of it?

Saturated fps market, or consumer base remembering issues w/ FFOW?

Butt

Ouch!

Wonder whats at the root of it?

Saturated fps market, or consumer base remembering issues w/ FFOW?

Butt

My eldest son has this game and he refuses point blank to play any mp untill something constructive is done about the cheaters that are rampant throughout.

He says that every server he joined over a 1 week period had at least 1 very blatant cheater in it (he is a seasoned online player and server administrator so rule out whine :P )

I told him about the recent develpoements re cheaters in homefront and his verdict was, reporting cheaters to a third party site so they could pass the info on just does not cut it.

Looking at the figures of how many are playing this online, cheaters already have a limited/constrictive playing field, so the chances of bumping into them online are very high.

As my son found out :shock:

My clan rented a homefront server and it does pretty well although there's promblems with the cpu usage on the server. My GSP informs me this is across all homefront servers and they've been discussing the issue with the devs.. however as yet I see no improvement.

As for cheating. Personally I don't like running a non PB server. It's the first time I've done it and I miss all the PBBans functions. I feel like I'm driving blind and if I feel like that, I am sure many other server owners will be thinking the same thing.

The game itself is fun but not amazing, so I'm pretty sure people will revert back to other games quickly unless something is done to resolve the ongoing issues and shortfalls of the game.

As for cheating. Personally I don't like running a non PB server. It's the first time I've done it and I miss all the PBBans functions. I feel like I'm driving blind and if I feel like that, I am sure many other server owners will be thinking the same thing.

The game itself is fun but not amazing, so I'm pretty sure people will revert back to other games quickly unless something is done to resolve the ongoing issues and shortfalls of the game.

Sorry to hear you guys are having issues. Really stinks to plunk down cash only to wait on fixes.

As to a non-PB title, I feel ya there. Was the same for me w/ Blops. Was an adjustment for sure. Hopefully Homefront has a useable review utility. It can be a PITA to stop down your gaming enjoyment to go have a look at a suspect player, but I've caught/local banned a handful of cheaters that VAC has not. So yeah, it sucks, but it beats the alternative --> Bc2

Good luck w/ the new game. Do hope they get their ducks in a row asap, so you guys can enjoy what you paid for.

Butt

Edited by buttscratcher

hey, at least it is up to date...../sarcasm

:dots:

I think you mean "state of the art"

lol

but really something is needed. How do these guys operate though once a submission is approved. Do they put out a global ban list for server administrators to download? Or just submit a list to Kaos Studios?

With our revamped state of the art reporting system designed by ourselves, the player,server administrator or game server provider can submit reports to us that will then be investigated and further evidence gathered by ourselves, verified then forwarded to the proper destination.

The last bit sounds like nothing will actually ever happen

HomefrontGame Homefront We are happy to announce the release of Homefront's Dedicated Server Tool which is now available via Steam Tools - http://bit.ly/fUFpqH

Little delayed but they came through on server files. Nice to know there are a few devs left that believe in releasing them to the public.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
THQ confirmed to Gamasutra today that it is in the process of closing developers Digital Warrington and Kaos Studios as part of a "strategic realignment" less than three months after the release of alternate-reality shooter Homefront.

"THQ continues its strategy of aligning the best industry talent with the company