Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

buttscratcher

FPSGuru: You seem to be taking a very aggressive stance against cheating by employing VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat), PunkBuster and PBBans (streaming ban support). That seems to have been met with some mixed reactions on the forums. Why such a strong stance, when most games just employ one or the other?

Alan Wilson: Well, we use (and like) VAC, but we wanted to make it very clear to everyone that we are serious about dealing with cheating. We kept it down to a very low level on the first game, but RO2 has a broader appeal. We're very interested in the competitive gaming arena as well, so we decided to take the aggressive stance on it. And the Punkbuster team have stepped up to the mark - we've had one of their guys on site for a couple of weeks, specifically to deal with any compatibility issues.

FPSGuru: The primary complaint about PunkBuster appears to be the lack of automatic updates, leaving players never knowing if they need to update PB until they try to play a game. Will you be working with PB to roll out updates to it through steam simultaneously with updates to RO2?

Alan Wilson: It will be integrated with the game, which is heavily integrated with Steam - one of the key reasons being that we can ensure that everyone is up to date and doesn't have all the crap of hunting down and applying Patch 2.9.10.2.e (Europe only, except for Lichtenstein, unless you are Scottish living in Austria... blah blah). It is one of the key benefits to using Steam for us - always has been.

FPSGuru: Usually when a game takes this strong of a stance in protecting against cheating, it has to do with tournaments and other esports type of setups. Are you aiming or hoping to see RO2 end up in an esports setting?

Alan Wilson: Yes. Already working with a lot of the pro gamers. We've been through a lot of their lists of "must haves" - and surprised more than a few of them with the fact that those things are already planned in. Not to mention a full SDK for mod support at launch - and a developer who enjoys this stuff, so is listening.

Read the rest at

http://www.fpsguru.com/game/286/features/99/Red-Orchestra-2-Heroes-of-Stalingrad-Developer-Interview.html

we've had one of their guys on site for a couple of weeks, specifically to deal with any compatibility issues.

Considering the sums involved in PunkBuster integration this is how it should always be. Yes, 'weeks' and on-site may be prohibitive, but if EB wants to keep landing AC contracts it needs to "step up the the mark" every time and make sure this is the rule rather than the exception to it.

Owners of the original Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 will receive the following:

• Pre-purchase now and receive 10% off or get 20% off if you already own the original Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45.
  • Day 1 unlock of the Kar98 and Mosin rifle bayonets:
    page_banner_guns.png
  • Special in-game item - Russian Guards Badge and German Close Combat Badge:
    page_banner_badges.png

Steam Digital Deluxe Edition

Steam Digital Deluxe Edition adds the following extras on top of the Standard Edition:

• Access to the final phase of closed beta before the August 30th launch
  • Day 1 Unlock of the Elite Assault Weapons (MKb 42(H) and AVT-40) and Semi Auto Sniper Weapons (SVT-40 and G 41(W):
    page_banner_Exclusive_guns.png
  • Team Fortress 2 German and Russian hats ("vintage" if bought during pre-purchase):
  • Two new characters for Killing Floor - Russian and German Soldier Re-enactors:
    page_banner_Exclusive_hats.pngpage_banner_Exclusive_soldiers.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

We knew people would be unhappy about the delay – and we agonized over whether we should do it or not. Someone has already drawn the parallel on the forums: our earlier games have only really hit a real volume of users after launch. We know it is bad timing, after starting the pre-purchase last week. But the response brought home that the pre-purchase beta phase isn't going to have 100s of people in it, with a few servers – it is going to have potentially 10s of 1000s of people in it. Which is obviously great news. But it IS a Beta (it isn't some "marketing/PR Beta" with the game finished 2 months ago) – and the large volume of people WILL throw up odd and weird little bugs that only come to light in bulk testing. Code and QA want the chance to fix that stuff before we actually release the finished product. So people understand, internally no dates are being pushed back. Everything will still be finished to the same dates as for the original release date. What we are doing is buying ourselves 2 extra weeks of QA and bug-fix time.

We haven't released dates of the next phases of the Beta testing, but they aren't far away. We already have the first of the press in the Beta, with a "preview" phase for the press scheduled to run over the next couple of weeks or so. After that, we'll be ready for the final phase of the beta, with the pre-purchasers getting their hands on the game.

We haven't taken this decision lightly: moving a release date late in the day is a nightmare. We've done it because we feel it will make a difference to the product on launch day – for the better, obviously. Moving a schedule that involves a large (for us) marketing budget, physical production and distribution to the retailers across the glove, as well as disappointing the fans who have waited a long time for this game, isn't easy. But in this case, we feel it will be worth the pain.

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/faq/2-week-delay-to-13-sep/

On one hand you have to tip your cap to them for pushing back the release to get things sorted. On the other hand, they seem to continue to shoot themself in the foot for not getting this out much sooner (few months ago)... much less the lack of marketing that some point to. They had a chance to carve out a little bit larger player base had they got this out much earlier.

Now going to go almost head to head against Bf3/MW3? I bet gamers that were going to give RO2 a try as a "fill in" game will cancel a fair amount of pre-orders, which is too bad.

Hate to say it, but they missed their window of oppertunity bigtime. Reguardless of how good their final product is, they are about to get burried by two mega games.

butt

Edited by buttscratcher

Now going to go almost head to head against Bf3/MW3? I bet gamers that were going to give RO2 a try as a "fill in" game will cancel a fair amount of pre-orders, which is too bad.

I think RO2 is sufficiently different to the two titles above that it will just carve out its own market. Lets face it most gamers who like modern combat aren't going to be interested in a WW2 game, and visa versa. I like Tripwires style from what I've read and wish them the best of luck with the release.

GameSpy: What kind of interface will you have for joining servers?

Tripwire Interactive: Simply put, the core is a good, old-fashioned server browser with filters. Go hunting for the type of game you want to play, use the Honor level on the server (compared to your own) to find people at a similar skill level, pick a server that matches your requirements, join it.

GameSpy: When will the dedicated server be released, and what are the hardware requirements for it? What kind of interface will it have for server admins - will it have all of the features necessary to enable competitive play (spectator cam, remote admin, etc)?

Tripwire Interactive: Server-side will be ready in time for people to grab it and get their servers up for launch, plus we'll ensure there are a bunch of them already available. A 64-player server is, like any 64-player server, going to be a bit of a beast. We'll release the full specs as soon as we can - but we really need more beta-testing (ramping up now) to get a good handle on that. Plus we're working hard on optimizing right now, of course! Server admins will have the familiar web admin interface (Unreal, RO1 and others), with access to a large range of parameters they can mess around with, as well as being set up for competitive play from the get-go. We're likely to run a comp or two after launch, to get people competitive on "stock" RO! But this is PC gaming - so the tools are there!

GameSpy: Will the game include VOIP? If so, is it team wide, or just by squad? Given the game is so focused on players operating in squads, what other tools will you include to facilitate teamwork?

Tripwire Interactive: There are three channels of VOIP, including team and squad. There are also scoring bonuses for players operating as a squad, rewarding them for doing the "correct" things. Add in pieces like the option to "Spawn on Squad Leader" to maintain squad cohesion. Note that you can't spawn on your Squad Leader if he is surrounded by the enemy, engaging in close combat - he has to be relatively "safe" and there has to be somewhere "safe" for you to spawn, too. HUD tools help you locate your squad if you get separated. There's also comms system where the Commander and Squad Leaders can pick who, within their chain of command, they are issuing their orders to.

Read the rest at

http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/red-orchestra-heroes-of-stalingrad/1187817p1.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXHWPzTPskY

Also

To put it simply, Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is as real as it gets when it comes to World War II shooters, and part of its appeal is the fact it is depressingly dark and gritty. You are unlikely to find another game that provides an experience as deep as this one, so if you can deal with the hardcore nature of the mechanics we highly recommend it.

http://pc.mmgn.com/Articles/Red-Orchestra-2-The-Gritty-Side-Of-War

• Upvote 1

Digital Deluxe Edition Beta Launch

The Digital Deluxe Edition beta launch is planned for starting August 30th, 2011 and running up until right before launch, and server files are already up on HLDS.

Tripwire Server Admins Mailing List

If you haven't already, head on over and sign up for the Tripwire Server Admins Mailing List here:

http://list.tripwireinteractive.com/...nteractive.com

Beta Maps and Gametypes

We are launching the beta with 3 maps initially, and may be cycling other maps in/out throughout the beta. The maps included are:

FF-Apartments

TE-Apartments

CD-Apartments

TE-FallenFighters

CD-FallenFighters

TE-Gumrak

CD-Gumrak

Note: FF = Firefight (a variation of team deathmatch), CD = Countdown (our take on an intense "single life" gametype), and TE = Territory (an enhanced and expanded version of the gametype in the original RO).

Server Requirements (Beta)

16 Players: Haven't benchmarked this yet, but we don't expect it will take much CPU to run this

32 Players: CPU usage - 1 Core of a 2.6 GHZ Core I7 or equivalent (i.e. the server process will take most of 1 core, with a few smaller threads on other cores). We also tested on an Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHz and that could handle 32 players but I wouldn't try and do 32 players with a machine much slower than that.

64 Players: Goal CPU usage - 1 Core of a Intel Xeon E3-1270 3.4 GHZ (3.8 GHZ actually with Turbo enabled) or equivalent (i.e. the server process will take most of 1 core, with a few smaller threads on other cores).

A note on performance:

64 players was pushing the test machine (Intel Xeon E3-1270 3.4 GHZ (3.8 GHZ actually with Turbo enabled) pretty hard on certain maps, but did handle 64 players. Likewise 32 players pushed the Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHz pretty hard at 32 players, but did handle it. We're working on some final optimizations that might get the performance a little better, but there won't be any drastic changes from these specs.

Likewise the number of players the server can handle (i.e. how much performance is needed) varies from map to map, and gametype to game type. Smaller maps and countdown tend to perform better than larger maps in territory or firefight. So if you run smaller maps only on your server, you might be able to push the slots higher. Just watch your CPU usage, and more importantly the ping of players connected. Ping will climb a bit as the server gets under load and as CPU usage goes up, this is to be expected. But watch the ping, if it is a server near you and the ping starts to go above 100ms consistently, then you are likely pushing your server too hard and need to reduce the number of slots.

What I have found is that it looks like an Intel Xeon E31270 @ 3.4 GHZ (3.8 GHZ actually with Turbo enabled) can just handle 64 players now, and is being pushed pretty hard. We've got a last batch of optimizations that we're going to try over the weekend that might bet it down a bit lower so the CPU isn't pushed quite as hard (possibly getting things down by about 5%). We tested on an Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHz and that could handle 32 players but I wouldn't try and do 32 players with a machine much slower than that. As mentioned before, the final optimizations might push this down a little, but nothing drastic.

Hosting Ranked Servers

We're doing things a bit different than what other studios/publishers have done. We plan to let clans/gaming communities as well as any legitimate GSPs run ranked servers. For clans/gaming communities, it must be an established and legitimate group of some sort. Individuals or GSPs will provide us with the IP addresses that they will host the ranked servers on, and then on our backend we'll basically "turn on" those IP's having the ability to be ranked. Our goal here is to not be overly restrictive with our ranked servers. If we see some funny business happening with ranking on a server, we'll pull its IP out of the ranked system and contact the GSP or clan/gaming community. Now if we see a rash of funny business across the board at a GSP or clan/gaming community we may well pull all of their IPs out of ranked status until they get the issue sorted. So it will be up to the GSPs to make their server hosting as open or closed as they want with regards to modifying files. We do however want to ensure that modding and community content are not hindered, so bear that in mind. Whatever system a GSP uses must allow community made maps and community made content to be installed on the server. Total conversion mods (i.e. someone turning RO2 into a space shooter or something) however will not be allowed by us for ranked server play.

We will have a website setup for submitting IP's and the information we'll need to approve them for being ranked. This system is still being setup, and we will let you know when it is available (probably will come online further into the beta).

Recommended Server Hosting Partners

We have a set of Recommended Server Hosting Partners that we've been working closely with to ensure they provide a good experience for our fans and game server admins. The Recommended Server Hosting Partners are:

United States:

Branzone - http://www.branzone.com

Gameservers - http://www.gameservers.com

Nuclear Fallout - http://www.nuclearfallout.net

UK

Gamingdeluxe http://www.gamingdeluxe.co.uk

KillerCreation - http://www.killercreation.co.uk

Multiplay - http://www.multiplay.co.uk

EU

4net Players - http://www.4players.de

Australia

Internode - http://www.internode.com.au

Asia

Fragnetics - http://v2.fragnetics.com

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=57434

So I'll start this post with my usual - calm down, step back, take a deep breath. See, don't you feel better already? smile.gif

So I've seen a lot of buzz and panic about cheats starting to appear in the beta. First I would say this - don't panic. This is to be expected, and has been planned for. We've prepared for this and knew it would happen all along.

Anti-Cheat - This is exactly why we've got the dual anti-cheats of VAC and PB. VAC as you all know uses a delayed banning system, while PB detects and kicks on the spot. Between these two RO2 will be one of the best well protected games at launch. Right now Punkbuster hasn't been enabled yet, and will be coming online during the course of the beta.

So what about the cheats that "fall through the cracks" so to speak. This is where two very powerful additional tools come into play:

PBBans and Server Admins!

PBBans - PBBans has a system which allows streaming of a master ban list. As cheats are caught through PunkBuster violations, screenshots or demos, they are added to the Master Ban Index (MBi). So admins catching someone cheating on their servers can submit screenshots or video to PBBans and get the cheater banned. In this way, even cheaters using cheats that "fall through the cracks" will find themselves banned.

Server Admins - an active server admin is a powerful tool against cheating. "But other games have active server admins, and they got overrun with cheaters" you might say. The difference is, Tripwire are giving the server admins the tools they need to combat the cheaters such as Punkbuster and PBBans. So unlike many other recently released games, RO2's server admins hands will not be tied when it comes to cheaters, and they have some weapons at their disposal to combat them.

An active dev team - another very important tool in combating cheats is an active dev team. Many recent games have come out and been overrun by cheats while the dev team did little or nothing. As we have done in the past, Tripwire will be leaning forward on this and extremely active in combating cheats. An example of this is some cheating that we started noticing yesterday which is known as "speed-hacking". Later today, just 24 hours later, we should be releasing an update that combats this type of hacking.

You - the final important component of this is YOU, the player and fan. If you have any information on any new or existing hacks for the game, private message the information Yoshiro or one of the moderators on this forum. DO NOT post the information in the open. You all can help be our eyes and ears to combat this issue.

So in conclusion I ask you all to be calm and work with us to help combat hacking. Hacking and hackers are an ever moving target, and very difficult to eliminate completely. But together with you the fans and all of the weapons at our disposal we will marginalize and reduce hacking in RO2 to the point where it is barely a factor. Likewise we will do everything in our power to frustrate the efforts of hack makers and hackers to the point where they find it is not worth the effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fXO0RY4_eY

This is a video of me testing out a speedhack against today's update. I uploaded it at 640 res, so I think it's still processing, but you get the idea. I speedhack, the server kick/bans me

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=59377

• Upvote 1

I was reading the RO2 forums last night and someone posted a link to a cheat site with players already asking for cheats for this game.

I'll wait for the game to go up on the MSI firstly and add server IP's from there.

So in conclusion I ask you all to be calm and work with us to help combat hacking. Hacking and hackers are an ever moving target, and very difficult to eliminate completely. But together with you the fans and all of the weapons at our disposal we will marginalize and reduce hacking in RO2 to the point where it is barely a factor. Likewise we will do everything in our power to frustrate the efforts of hack makers and hackers to the point where they find it is not worth the effort.

That's nice to read though!

I bought the game today, pre-order on Steam DDE edition, hey it's my birthday soon, I needed a treat and couldn't wait :P

It's very good, plays nice and smoothly but it's very hard too, managed to get some kills but will take a while to learn the maps and get used to the weapons, the ambient sounds on the battlefield are great, thoroughly enjoyed the time I've played so far.

Anyone read the ToS for RO2?

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

E U L A

[END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT]

v. 1 17 July 2011

Tripwire Interactive would like to thank you for getting Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. We hope you enjoy the experience. But before you get started, we need to make some matters clear. When you paid for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad you did not actually buy the game. What you bought was a license to use the software that comprises the game and its related materials. And that license is subject to the terms of this EULA. This EULA is a binding contract between you and Tripwire Interactive and its licensors, licensees and suppliers.

We know you want to get the game installed and start playing it. But, please take the time to read through this agreement first because BY INSTALLING RED ORCHESTRA 2: HEROES OF STALINGRAD YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS EULA, AGREE TO ITS TERMS AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PROMPTLY DISCONTINUE THE INSTALLATION PROCESS AND CEASE ANY AND ALL USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

1. Limited Use License

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad software and any files that are provided with it by digital distribution or on tangible media, including the RO2 Editor, as well as any printed materials, patches or updates, (collectively referred to as "RO2") contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material of Tripwire Interactive and its licensors, licensees and suppliers. RO2 is licensed to you for your use. This license is a non exclusive limited license to install and use RO2 for yourself, including use over the internet or on a LAN. Your continuing license to use RO2 is conditioned on your compliance with this EULA. If you violate any of the terms of this EULA, all of your right to use RO2 will immediately end, without any further notification from Tripwire Interactive or anyone else. Once your license is terminated, you will be obliged to immediately uninstall RO2 and all of its components.

2. Permitted User Modifications and New Creations

The Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Editor ("RO2Ed") comes with RO2. You can use RO2Ed to make mods or create new content to be played in RO2. You agree that you will not distribute or share the RO2Ed because it is not shareware. You agree that any new creations or materials that you make for RO2, with or without the RO2Ed, (collectively referred to as "Mods") are subject to the following restrictions:

{:content:}nbsp; Your Mods must only work with the full, registered copy of RO2, not independently or with any other software.

{:content:}nbsp; Your Mods must not contain modifications to any executable file(s).

{:content:}nbsp; Your Mods must not contain any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive imagery or libelous, defamatory, or other illegal material, material that is scandalous or invades the rights of privacy or publicity of any third party.

{:content:}nbsp; Your Mods must not contain, or be used in conjunction with, any trademarks, copyright protected work, or other recognizable property of third parties without their written authority.

{:content:}nbsp; Your Mods must not be used by you, or anyone else, for any commercial exploitation including, but not limited to in-game advertising, other advertising or marketing for any company, product or service.

{:content:}nbsp; While we encourage folks to make Mods, Mods will not be supported by Tripwire Interactive and its licensors, licensees or suppliers, and if distributed pursuant to this license your Mods must include a statement to that effect.

{:content:}nbsp; Your Mods must be distributed for free, period. Neither you, nor any other person or party, may sell them to anyone, commercially exploit them in any way, or charge anyone for receiving or using them without prior written consent from Tripwire Interactive. You may exchange them at no charge among other end users and distribute them to others over the Internet, on magazine cover disks, or otherwise for free.

{:content:}nbsp; The prohibitions and restrictions in this section apply to anyone in possession of RO2 or any Mods.

Tripwire Interactive got its start as a developer because of the support Epic Games7 provides to the Mod community and we wholeheartedly support the Modding of RO2. But we need to retain all of our ownership rights in RO2 and any works derived from RO2. That's just the way it is. So, go make some more cool stuff. But remember that you do not gain any ownership whatsoever in any RO2 content nor can you use any RO2 content outside the scope of the rights granted here.

3. Commercial Exploitation.

You may not use RO2, or any Mods created for or from RO2 or using the RO2Ed or any other tools provided with this RO2, for any commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Tripwire Interactive or its authorized licensees including, but not limited to, the following rules: 1. If you are the proprietor of an Internet café or gaming room, you may operate the RO2 in a "pay for play" environment provided that all computers used have validly licensed RO2 installed, such RO2 having been properly purchased through one of our licensees. 2. You may not, without prior written consent from Tripwire Interactive, operate the RO2 in any gaming contest where (a) the cash value of all winnings and prizes paid throughout the entire competition is equal to or greater than US$10,000.00 or (B) the name of the event, or any individual contest therein, incorporates or approximates the name of a company, product or commercial service or © any company has provided, whether donated or as sponsorship any prizes, products or services worth with a fair market value of over US$20,000.00.

4. Restrictions on Use

Just to make sure you understand what you can and can not do with RO2, here is a list of restrictions to your use of RO2 under this EULA:

{:content:}nbsp; You may not decompile, modify, reverse engineer, publicly display, prepare derivative works based on RO2 (except as permitted in Section 2, above), disassemble or otherwise reproduce RO2.

{:content:}nbsp; Except as set forth herein, you may not rent, sell, lease, barter, sublicense or distribute RO2. You may not delete the copyright notices or any other proprietary legends on the original copy of RO2.

{:content:}nbsp; You may not offer RO2 on a pay per play basis or otherwise commercially exploit RO2 or use RO2 for any commercial purpose except as described in this agreement.

{:content:}nbsp; You may not electronically transmit RO2 from one computer to another or over a network except as described in this agreement..

5. Export Controls

You may not ship or export RO2 to any country other than where you bought it, in violation of the U.S. Export Administration Act (or any other law governing such matters) and you will not utilize and will not authorize anyone to utilize RO2 in violation of any applicable law. RO2 may not be downloaded or otherwise exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods or to anyone or into any country who/which are prohibited by applicable law, from receiving it.

6. Cheats and Cheating

RO2 was made for gamers by gamers. We hate cheaters and will not tolerate anyone cheating in RO2 or any RO2 Mods. It's a simple as that. If you are cheating in any way, including any attempt by you, either directly or indirectly, to circumvent or bypass any element of the RO2 or any RO2 servers to gain any advantage in multiplayer play of the RO2 or any RO2 Mods, you are in breach of this EULA. It is a breach of this EULA for you, whether directly or indirectly, to create, develop, copy, reproduce, distribute, or use of any software program or any modification to RO2 or any RO2 Mods ("Cheats") that enable a player to gain an advantage or otherwise exploit another player when playing against other players on a local area network, any other network, or on the Internet. Hacking into the executable of RO2 or any RO2 Mods or any other use of the RO2 or any RO2 Mods in connection with the creation, development, or use of any such unauthorized Cheats is prohibited under this EULA. Cheats include, but are not limited to, programs that allow players to see through walls or other level geometry (software or hardware "wall hacks"); programs that let players change their rate of speed outside the allowable limits of RO2 ("speed hacks"); programs that crash any other players, PC clients, or network servers; "aimbots" that automatically target other players or that automatically simulate any other player input to gain an advantage over other players; or any other program or modification that functions in a similar capacity or allows any prohibited conduct.

If we find you are a Cheater, we will revoke your CD key and ban you from the RO2 servers and tell your mom! Your license will automatically terminate, without notice, and you will have no right to play RO2 or any RO2 Mods against other players or make any other use of RO2. End of story.

7. Copyright.

RO2 and all copyrights, trademarks and all other conceivable intellectual property rights related to the RO2 are owned by Tripwire Interactive or its licensors, licensees or suppliers and are protected by United States copyrights laws, international treaty provisions, and all applicable laws, such as the Lanham Act. RO2 must be treated like any other copyrighted material, as required by 17 U.S.C. #101 et seq. and other applicable law. Please do not make unauthorized copies. RO2 was created through the efforts of many people who earn their livelihood from its lawful use. Please don't make copies for others who have not paid for the right to use it. To report copyright violations to the Software Publishers Association, call 1 800 388 PIR8 or write: Software Publishers Association, 1101 Connecticut Ave., Suite 901, Washington, D.C. 20036.

8. Massive Technology

This game incorporates technology of Massive Incorporated ("Massive"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft"), that enables in-game advertising, and the display of other similar in-game objects, which are downloaded temporarily to your personal computer or game console and replaced during online game play. As part of this process, Massive may collect some information about the game and the advertisements delivered to you, as well as standard information that is sent when your personal computer or game console connects to the Internet including your Internet protocol (IP) address. Massive will use this information to transmit and measure in-game advertising, as well as to improve the products and services of Massive and its affiliates. None of the information collected will be used to identify you.

For additional details regarding Massive's in-game advertising practices, please see Massive's In-Game Advertising privacy statement at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Link...85&clcid=0x409. The trademarks and copyrighted material contained in all in-game advertising are the property of the respective owners. Portions of this product are © 2009 Massive Incorporated. All rights reserved.

9. Disclaimer of Warranty

You are aware and agree that use of RO2 and the media on which it is recorded, if any, is at your sole risk. RO2 is provided "AS IS." TRIPWIRE INTERACTIVE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY US OR ANY OF OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

10. Limitation of Liability

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING WILLFUL ACTS OR NEGLIGENCE, SHALL TRIPWIRE INTERACTIVE OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUBLICENSEE, SUPPLIERS OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES. THERE WILL BE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, EVEN SELF INFLICTED INJURY, OR FOR ANY INTENTIONAL TORT COMMITTED BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHO PLAYS OR OBSERVES SOMEONE ELSE PLAYING RO2. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you for RO2.

11. Controlling Law and Severability.

This license is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, USA. Exclusive venue for all litigation shall be in Fulton County, Georgia. If any provision of this EULA is determined to be unenforceable by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remaining portions of this EULA will remain in full force and effect.

12. Complete Agreement.

This EULA constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of RO2, RO2Ed, Mods and other related materials and software. Tripwire Interactive reserves the right to modify the terms of this EULA from time to time and will post notice of material changes somewhere within www.tripwireinteractive.com.

13. Acceptance of Terms

By selecting the "I Agree" choice during the install and installing RO2, you agree to all of the terms of this EULA. That=s right, all of it. Now get on with the installation and enjoy RO2...we hope you enjoy playing RO2 as much as we enjoyed making it for you.

GL & HF!

If we find you are a Cheater, we will revoke your CD key and ban you from the RO2 servers and tell your mom!
  • Upvote 1

Your company has confirmed that there will be free DLC after launch. While we can all certainly appreciate it, why do you choose to go with free DLC for many of your games, including Killing Floor?

Why not? And we go with free content for ALL our games, not just some. There is one key point: we won't split the community by selling maps and weapons that people need to play.

Nothing more irritating than the server changing maps and half the players get bumped off because they haven't ponied up $5 for some map. We WILL do add-ons for money at some point – but the key here is about value for money. See Rising Storm, below…

Can you give us any details about the Rising Storm DLC for this game?

We wanted to kick-start the mod scene for RO2, given that most big mods can take a couple of years to produce – and we wanted people to see the potential as early as possible. So we have sponsored a mod team to produce Rising Storm – which will be a full-scale add-on for RO2, set in the Pacific, bringing the American and Japanese forces into RO.

All fully-playable, with single and multi player. That includes playing single player as the Japanese – Banzai charges even? Add in flamethrowers, some armor and a katana. Should be special. And, yes, we'll probably charge for this one, given that it will be the same amount of content as the base game!

Rest can be found at

http://steamaddicts.com/2011/09/red-orchestra-interview-with-tripwire-vp-alan-wilson/