Medal of Honor Support Suspended

MaydaX

We have 6 MoH servers on a dedi, and had as of three weeks ago all servers in the top 10 (by gametrackers estimate at least). Its a bummer that PBans doesnt want to support it anymore, together we caught 25 or so hackers from MoH alone... we've been rebooting empty servers daily to get them back on line with PBBans. Its been a pain, but better than nothing at all. Your services will be missed.

j' espere que sa va revenir a la normal et que vous aurait a nouveau le droit de restreamer les serveurs MOH car les cheateurs vont sans donnee a coeur joie maintenant.

Edited by WASP021000

Vote with your money and companies will understand. No buying game and no running servers. I still enjoy running my W:ET/COD4 servers. Different mods, maps, community support to fix issues and new things. Until you guys will not voice your opinion together with money, this companies will keep selling crap.

If you guys will stop running server:

1. Not many will buy the game because there will not be much talk about this game on internet, any clan forums or anywhere.

2. No profit for company.

3. No profit for GSP.

Move your clan server to other games. Remember, end user is the king of market.

Vote with your money and companies will understand. No buying game and no running servers. I still enjoy running my W:ET/COD4 servers. Different mods, maps, community support to fix issues and new things. Until you guys will not voice your opinion together with money, this companies will keep selling crap.

Problem is the market is full of kids who don't care about the server side of things. They get mad then the publisher offer something new and they run and buy it. Remember that MW2 boycott? It all reminds me of jingling keys in front of a baby that gets them excited.

"Back in the day" we didn't have the range of consoles we do today. That is the primary market, regardless of whether we buy the game or not the crap will still get released, with a new big release every 6 months. PC gamers will struggle to have their voice heard over the roar of the console market.

Such a small percentage are we now that if we stop buying the games they will simply stop porting them over, not change the way things are developed.

• Upvote 1

"Back in the day" we didn't have the range of consoles we do today. That is the primary market, regardless of whether we buy the game or not the crap will still get released, with a new big release every 6 months. PC gamers will struggle to have their voice heard over the roar of the console market.

Such a small percentage are we now that if we stop buying the games they will simply stop porting them over, not change the way things are developed.

A small percentage that still generates a few million dollars for relatively little outlay.

There are plenty of companies that would give their right arm to be in a position like that.

Instead we are being suckered by companies that dont really give a toss after the initial sale is made, at least thats what the resounding silence and lack of patches etc etc seems like to me.

Problem is the games themselves are not integrating PB properly anymore. ID Tech 3 was one of the best engines for PB. PBSS, Demos, MD5 / CVAR checks all worked flawlessly and no streaming issues. Games today on the other hand are getting worse with every new release.

PB itself is falling behind. PBSS still don't work after 3 years with games where AA is on. PBSS themselves are too small limited to ~81000 pixels where 1680x1050 (1,764,000 pixels) and 1920x1200 (2,304,000 pixels) are becoming more common.

I've been here for over 6 years and have seen first hand how anti-cheat is degrading. Cheats are getting more advanced with every game but PB itself is not. Detections are getting better but the admin tools that help take up the slack for undetected cheats are becoming broken, improperly integrated or not updated to keep up with todays technology.

Even cheaters know we make a difference:

In one hand it's good to have non streamed server,but in other hand, game will be overhacked.

I still cannot understand how it's possible they have not fixed the screenshots yet.

Frame is rendered, buffer is written to disk. How can this f*ck up? Compress the png (using either JPEG, LZMA, aplib, zlib etc) and upload to server.

Maybe EvenBalance need to hire a new coder ... shit you could outsource this few less than

Can you allow swearing so I can effectively post??

I totally agree, we (SsA) will be closing our server.

The game is a total disappointment and not worth anyones $$$$$

As some sort of counterweight to all the negativity displayed in this thread:

DICE is committed to getting PB to function properly in MOH. You will see at least one server update specifically to address the current issues with servers that randomly stop streaming.

DICE is committed to getting PB to function properly in MOH. You will see at least one server update specifically to address the current issues with servers that randomly stop streaming.

appreciate you and your time, as always Kalms

i know you take all this to heart and i am sorry, as it isn't directed at you per se

thanks for the information

Our server was streaming fine, all it needed was a restart of the server daily. We are going through Gameservers, however I've heard allot of issues with Hypernia servers streaming.

Thanks for your support though....

Ark...........

eb_moh.png

Do to the increasing streaming problems in MoH, streaming support is suspended effective immediately. We are no closer to finding a fix to correct the streaming issues as we simply don't have the ability to run any tests and affected RSP's don't seem interested in helping solving it.

We will resume support if the streaming issues are ever corrected however if or when that will be is unknown.

MoH is now set as inactive and admins will not be able to add servers or submit PBSS. Streaming servers will remain streaming until they stop at which point they will be removed.

Sorry for the inconvenience this creates for our MoH supporters but our staff is no longer willing to support this game in its current state.

This is unfortunate to see, but I have to agree. This directly affects clans like ours as has the continued streaming problems since launch. Any course of action recommended? Petition our RSP to help, DICE to provide PBBans access, organize server admins to pull the plug on all MOH servers. I am not sure what the percentage of MOH servers are registered to stream to PBBans. IMO they should all be, but that is just my opinion.

The only winners here are the cheaters. DICE, Evenbalance and RSP's have egg on their face. Our hands are tied, there is little we can do. The ones that are capable must recognize they need to support programs like PBBans that add value to their products. That goes for DICE, EvenBalance and all RSP's, we are their customer.

If DICE cannot recognize that we need streaming services like this, to defeat cheaters that are blatantly violating their TOS, then gaming has really come to an end. It is in their ball park, if DICE is not on the side of the legitimate player, then they are on the side of the cheater.

+1

When? 3 months & no fix yet!

The only winners here are the cheaters. DICE, Evenbalance and RSP's have egg on their face. Our hands are tied, there is little we can do. The ones that are capable must recognize they need to support programs like PBBans that add value to their products. That goes for DICE, EvenBalance and all RSP's, we are their customer.

Even the cheaters know we make a difference:

In one hand it's good to have non streamed server,but in other hand, game will be overhacked.

This will encourage public hacks... ss protection more optional, usual pub hack kicks do not result in lasting consequences...

NAIZE

Petition our RSP to help, DICE to provide PBBans access, organize server admins to pull the plug on all MOH servers.

Never works and that will never happen. It's not about getting server files anymore but having a system that works. Server files while not absolutely needed, they provide sort of an insurance policy to help solve possible problems faster or find work around until a proper fix can be created. Some RSPs are too clueless when it comes to PB to rely on. Even dropping MoH here seems to have little effect since other ac sites are still supporting it and the game has such a low population count.

Nothing will change it seems and we are going to be stuck with crap like this until either we or PB goes belly up. It's bad enough fighting an uphill battle against cheaters without having to blindly deal with streaming problems. Does volunteer support of anti-cheat sound fun now? :P

I do agree with you guys and why you are making a stand, sadly now with no PB at all on our server its now a full time job just to admin it...

Sadly with this in mind we will be dropping our server and sticking with BC2 / BC2 Vietnam. I reckon a lot of server admins will be doing the same.

Corp

Also if you have a moh server that streamed here you do not need to remove the ucon profile. We will restore all the servers should the problem be fixed. Providing there are any servers left by then :P

Also if you have a moh server that streamed here you do not need to remove the ucon profile. We will restore all the servers should the problem be fixed. Providing there are any servers left by then :P

93.93.65.191:19567.png

Im still waiting for :scratchchin:

I'd switch to another game tbh. Player count is dropping by the day and I doubt the game will last much longer. The game had a good chance to take on CoD if done right but they dropped the ball and the ball rolled off a cliff never to be seen again.

I can barely find a populated server anymore.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7220/mohdead.jpg

Even the console versions are not looking so good:

#1 Call of Duty: Black Ops

#2 Modern Warfare 2

#11 Call of Duty: WaW

#13 Call of Duty 4

#17 Battlefield: Bad Co. 2

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/11/30/live-activity-for-week-of-nov-15.aspx

"I never played it but Medal of Honer must have been very bad. Not even in the top 20 less then two months after release."

When any updates are available we will post it straight away.

I appreciate that, but maybe things can be a bit more specific.

Is there an ETA as to when (or if) this issue will be resolved (before the holiday/xmas period or after)?

Are DICE and PBBans working closely together to get this issue resolved?

Maybe Kalms can give us an update. Certain leagues/ladders are dead because of this and I appreciate it's not PBBans fault, but a lack of information in the public domain is very worrying to say the least.

Thanks