Battlefield 3

MaydaX

i have like 70+ games on there. wait, that is on my main account. i have access to 2 more shared accounts.

i think not selling it on steam is almost a deal breaker it itself.

diablo iii will be the only foreseeable title that i will not question, not being on steam

gaming industry has priced themselves out of the home entertainment market as well

used to be you could buy a new game for the price of a 12 pack. don't like it? buy a new one next time you get more beer

at $60.00 a throw, i really think about all aspects of a game before i purchase it

Sadly to most people, if it's not on Steam, then it's automatically...

250px-Ruined_forever.jpg

(As for me, I'm still a retailer.)

wtf do you do with all the disks?

i have mountains of them.....over flowing boxes of boxes...it is annoying after so many years

I'm sure pretty much everyone has seen this already but for anyone interested.

battlefield3alphaleak1.png

battlefield3alphaleak2.png

battlefield3alphaleak3.png

battlefield3alphaleak4.png

battlefield3alphaleak5.png

battlelogalphaleak.png

At first, The game says I need nvidia driver 275.35, while the last one is 275.33.

So maybe there will be more graphic options when it is enabled...

The only options I could change where resolution, which I took 1680x1024.

Graphic Detail: High

- Maps looks good.

- Graphic settings is bugged, probably since the recommended driver version is not yet released.

- Very low recoil, tough there is bulletspread.

- Bullets bounce off metal.

- Surround sound is REALLY good, the sound of the rockets that flew by my head made me smile, explosions are really nice, a good deep drum.

- You can see your own legs when you look down, tough your weapon will stick thru your own leg... =x

- You do not walk fully silent when crouching.

- Infinite sprint.

- Tank can swim and jump (funny bug rofl)

http://multi.systemlink.me/2011/07/battlefield-3-leaked-alpha-trial.html

wtf do you do with all the disks?

i have mountains of them.....over flowing boxes of boxes...it is annoying after so many years

Still in the boxes on a shelf. But I guess since I'm sort of a newcomer to the PC gaming scene (first game was CoD4), it's not as quite overflowing as I've seen before from other people.

I mean, not trying to be offensive towards Steam users ,but while I don't think Steam is the worst program ever, I don't see it as a necessity. Yes you can buy old games found extremely rare retail anymore, yes there's no cd hassles, yes most indie games only come from it, but I guess imo from continuously buying games retail (and maybe a bit too young to have a giant collection of games XD), I haven't had any problems with [retail] that makes me want to start seriously using Steam. and tbh I just find it a bit easier and faster that way (of course YMMV and all that)

course that could all change once I actually get my own... "resources" and maybe actually buy a game off steam :P but that's for another day

I'll just leave it at that to prevent a huge Steam vs. retail debate/flame war and to bring it back on topic.

• Upvote 1

Have to say RE: the steam thing, don't bother me in the slightest.

1. I like boxed copies of games so I won't be downloading it full stop from anywhere!

2. Steam ain't always the cheapest

We have all our games lined up neatly in the spare room :P and believe me there's a shit load!

Anyways... wo0ps

off-topic.jpg

The screens where taken by a journalist who sadly is part of the CoD vs BF hate fest (this one being a CoD fanboy).

He set the resolution low as well as the graphics then initiated

negative comments in the ingame chat (as seen in one of the screens) to

try and "prove" that CoD is the superior title.

Dice/EA have contacted the idiot who forgot to remove his ID from a

screen with the APC and he is being threatened with a

DVD copy of the game for us :)

Normally cheaper from a retail outlet.

Even if I was considering a digital download from EA's Origin store this clause would definitely mean no DICE :P

We do not guarantee that any Content or Entitlement will be available at all times or at any given time or that we will continue to offer particular Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update Content and Entitlements without notice to you. If you have not used your Entitlements or Account for twenty four (24) months or more and your Account has associated Entitlements, your Entitlements will expire and your Account may be cancelled for non-use. Once you have redeemed your Entitlements, that content is not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for other Entitlements or for cash, or other goods or services.
  • Upvote 1

i read that as :

we will take your money. we promise nothing in return

I'm sure you'll find a similar clause in just about any digital download service, Steam and Direct2Drive included.

This is why you backup your installers if able wink.gif

Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial is set up only for testing purposes. Keys have been distributed to invited players through our veterans program and other key influencers.

For more info, go to https://bf3alpha.battlefield.com/index.php?id=1 and read the rest in the FAQ.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1411293-battlefield-3-alpha-trial.html

FAQ can be found at https://bf3alpha.battlefield.com/includes/inc_help_en.php

Q: What are the minimum hardware recommendations for the Alpha Trial?

A: RECOMMENDED WINDOWS PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Installed: Origin
  • CPU: Quadcore @ 2.0 GHz or faster
  • RAM: 4GB or more
  • Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space
  • Video: 256 MB or greater
  • DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
  • Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
  • Internet: broadband connection

• Upvote 1

At least I meet the specs, I thought I'd have to upgrade too, will have to download Origin though although I'm not so sure yet from what I've been reading :scratchchin:

Ok I'll be blunt, Who gives a f*ck if it's not on Steam, you can hook it to EADM if you want a digital copy. You can always add non-steam games, so stop crying about it not being on Steam.

If you are dedicated to the game it will not matter how it is distributed or what it takes to run it. I did the same with BF2 I will do it here.

Edited by Piggy
  • Upvote 1

Ok I'll be blunt, Who gives a f*ck if it's not on Steam, you can hook it to EADM if you want a digital copy. You can always add non-steam games, so stop crying about it not being on Steam.

That depends on if Origin will co-exist with steam should BF3 require it. Same goes for steam. Then add PB to the mix and oh snap.

they yanked the screenies

I removed them from here too since they were deleted.

At 0:35, a one-hit kill move? I really hope not. Oh look, I'm stuck in some stupid animation that has to finish before I can start shooting again!

Quad core kills me - I'm still running dual-core @3GHz and probably will for a few more years yet.

Same here. been debating upgrading the e8400, but going to wait till at least the beta, if not post launch to decide. I get really good Bc2 graphics/gameplay now, so doubt I'll need to sink the bucks for a new mobo/cpu to have an enjoyable gaming experience for Bf3. Knock on wood.

At 0:35, a one-hit kill move? I really hope not. Oh look, I'm stuck in some stupid animation that has to finish before I can start shooting again!

Can appreciate the "Oh look, I'm stuck in some stupid animation that has to finish before I can start shooting again!" For me, i am more worried about a return of prone, and the dolphin diving, you stabbed me in the foot, and thats worthy of a kill, BS that is sure to follow.

butt

Edited by buttscratcher

No battle-recorder but it sounds like it may be added afterwards

Thats absolute bullshit!

They fed us a line of crap on Bc2 that Bc2 was not a "battlefield" game - so therefor we (the consumer) were in error to expect such "battlefield specfic" utilities.

Well, this is battlefield, and DICE shows what a bunch of twit lyars they were at the time, and continue to be today. Urrgh! this really chapps my ass. Then when the guy interviewing asks him about it, all the douch can say is "we will continue to support the community with expansion packs" Asswipe even had the gall to hide behind Fb2... Worthless mouthpiece.

I dont want expansion packs! I want the one utility that will allow for cheat free servers, scrims, and ladders. DICE = consistancy. Shit, at least the abortion that is Treyarch gave us a theatre mode.

butt

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately its just a few vocal people who keep banging the drums about incoperating demo etc into this game. Just like any company they know they're gonna sell even without it. Not saying its right what they're doing and is probably my biggest beef about BC2, coming from a company who takes cheating "very seriously". Didn't expect it to be improved for BF3.

Alot of non vocal gamers who play on PC, haven't even heard of punkbuster, let alone care that there are AC sites and server admins trying to help keep games cheat free, who's hands are being tied more and more by outdated PBSS system and lack of in game demo support. They're more worried that they will be able to prone spam and helo whore through the next two years. Priorities EA/Dice, priorties..