Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Here is another site that is offering BF3 server preorders.

http://www.myinternetservices.com/order.php/battlefield-3

i like how almost everything on http://myinternetservices.com returns

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

eek.gif Edited by Crotan

Yeah the GSP we use now can't list Bf3 prices yet. This is due to some EA marketing deal with those GSPs invited to provide the alpha. I'm just glad EA didn't follow the CODBOO trend. There is going to be better GSPs than others, but at least we have a choice to choose.

50% off for preorders at Multiplay...but still nearly the same price as i3D.net?!

Something is definitely messed up on their site. front page shows a 40 player server @ $59 per month but when you click to order the price is $119.

I'm just glad EA didn't follow the CODBOO trend.

Technically Black Ops copied EA and added their own twist. It was the first COD to use a trusted providers system but seems that policy has been reversed for MW3.

"Host them where you want, control settings and standard matchmaking, just like MW1"

• Upvote 1

Something is definitely messed up on their site. front page shows a 40 player server @ $59 per month but when you click to order the price is $119.

$59 is the bargain price, already 50% reduced, at the ordering form the bargain is added at the bottom of the calculation.

But at other hosts this is or will be the normal the price...so i guess they just doubled the price to say you get 50 % off...kind of fishy imo.

After the release,who´s gonna pay like $120 per month for a single gameserver (40 slots)?! The service and hardware specs must be extraordinary...

Edited by wraahhm
  • Upvote 1

so i guess they just doubled the price to say you get 50 % off...kind of fishy imo.

After the release,who´s gonna pay like $120 per month for a single gameserver (40 slots)?! The service and hardware specs must be extraordinary...

My thoughts exactly

Edit:

For anyone so inclined:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/18/razer-launches-battlefield-3-range/

According to the Multiplay website, BF3 uses more than double the amount of CPU usage compared to BC2 (based on Alpha testing).

Hmm, maybe they compared 32 slot bfbc2 to 64 slots bf3 :scratchchin:;)

I

After looking at the prices I'm even more happy that other games have not opted into a "only trusted provider" policy. Competition is a wonderful thing.

Also going around that TDM is limited to 24 players max. If it turns out to be true then that's a big disappointment for me.

There seems to be a rather huge problem overshadowing the next installment of Battlefield. The game, Battlefield 3, seems to be rather unoptimized. During our behind-the-scenes gameplay hands-on we saw over 14 machines that either broke down during our hands-on or machines that were already disfunctional when we arrived.

A chat with an EA staff member made it clear that it was driver related. A Battlefield 3 developer later confirmed that it was both hardware and driver related. There were both NVIDIA and AMD machines scattered around the area, the NVIDIA machines were running 128.12 drivers.

Another EA staff member told me that there are no system requirements. "Every build has different system requirements so we're not sure". It seems the developers are just coding away without looking at how things affect the game.

Therefore it seems that the developers are not really paying any attention to what machine the average gamer has. The game wasn't running 60 FPS on high either, even though the machines were supposed to be high-end systems.

It is fairly surprising that no other gaming-related website is reporting this issue, perhaps due to the no-camera policy inside the Battlefield 3 booth. However, since we believe that this is an issue that should be known to every PC gamer and Battlefield fan we're going to post it anyway.

http://www.modmywhat.com/article/Over-20--high-end-PCs-fried-at-the-Battlefield-3-booth-at-GamesCom-2011-now-in-video/858

Well, anything that was running a driver as old as 128.12 is hardly a "high end" machine.

It has to be a typo, alpha trial required the 275 series minimum