Medal of Honor Warfighter

buttscratcher

:evil-devil:

I'm still on their list from bf3 testing days :)

Medal of Honor: Warfighter "likely to be a major disappointment"

Analyst Doug Creutz sees game struggling to hit 2m sales worldwide

Electronic Arts is set to ship Medal of Honor: Warfighter this week in the US, Europe and Australia (with a Japanese release slated for mid-November), but there's no denying that it'll be a tough shooter market to launch into with Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Halo 4 both looking for big sales. In fact, Cowen and Company analyst Doug Creutz said that the new Medal of Honor is "likely to be a major disappointment" and will "struggle" to reach 2 million sales across the globe.

"Since late July we have been cautious about EA's ability to reach management's FY13 guidance due to our view that Medal of Honor: Warfighter appears likely to be a major disappointment. On July 30 we cut our FY13 EPS estimate to $0.86, well below guidance of $1.05-$1.20, and we currently carry a $0.87 FY13 estimate, close to the Street low. While we believe Street expectations for MoH:W sales have moderated significantly, likely down to the 3-4MM unit range, we are concerned that those expectations may still be too high. Based on our read of pre-release tracking data, we think the game might struggle to sell through 2MM units worldwide," Creutz stated.

Interestingly, Creutz also noted that EA apparently declined to send review copies of Medal of Honor to critics ahead of the game's release, meaning that we probably won't see any reviews to coincide with the actual release.

Creutz added, "With only a week before a murderer's row of AAA titles begins to come out (Assassin's Creed III on October 30; Halo 4 on November 6; Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on November 13), we think MoH:W has a very short window to capture sales, and a dearth of reviews is unlikely to help. The decision to make early review copies unavailable does not suggest to us that the company has a high degree of confidence in the quality of the game."

Ultimately, looking at the lineup for EA, Creutz believes that the company will be forced to lower its guidance.

"On the whole, we do not think outperformance from EA's sports lineup will be enough to offset a probable disappointment from MoH:W (particularly since we believe Star Wars: The Old Republic has also performed well below the expectations EA embedded in their initial guidance). We also think it is unlikely that EA's Q4:F13 lineup can bail the company out, given what we expect to be a modestly successful AAA lineup (planned releases include the sequels Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, and a new IP, Fuse). As a result, we continue to believe that EA management will have to lower guidance meaningfully for FY13 at some point," he noted.

EA will report its earnings on October 30.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-10-22-medal-of-honor-warfighter-likely-to-be-a-major-disappointment

I think this is something we all knew. No way i would of paid £40 for this game, £20 on the other hand and it becomes a worthwhile investment coupled with the fact that ill get two weeks early access to the beta of battlefield 4.

I think this is something we all knew. No way i would of paid £40 for this game, £20 on the other hand and it becomes a worthwhile investment coupled with the fact that ill get two weeks early access to the beta of battlefield 4.

Two weeks? All moh owners got was 2 days for the BF3 beta.

Two weeks? All moh owners got was 2 days for the BF3 beta.

I'm sure it was two weeks, or maybe i just made that up.

Pretty sure bf3 was two weeks, urgh the memory aint what it used to be.

Where am i again?

Edited by LtMatt

i beta MOH and BF3 for 30 days each if i remember correctly

just got email from my server provider

"Medal of Honor Warfighter Game Servers Now Available - $0.95/Slot USD"

Edited by eat5

The early user gameplay reviews are not compelling me to give EA more money. Someone list the "PC features" you got for your $60 purchace.

Ingame VOIP? Demo/Spectate? Pings seen in Rcon? Adjustable FOV? Are fps capped?

The early user gameplay reviews are not compelling me to give EA more money. Someone list the "PC features" you got for your $60 purchace.

Ingame VOIP? Demo/Spectate? Pings seen in Rcon? Adjustable FOV? Are fps capped?

From what I've read: No pings period, not even in game. No FOV adjustments (have to use the config and it's not working correctly).

Laziest Console Port Evar

Seriously, you guys were so lazy you left the gamepad and other console controls like auto aim in the options menu? For Shame!

THe game has some potential but so many problems.

There may be fixes to some of these but I havnt found them yet

On Def when out of bounds you can shoot or do anything but die and run

Friendly names dont show up on outside screens with eyefinity

cant join squad

cant switch teams

Can join platoon in game but not leave it

high end optics dont gather light they lose it. SNiper non scoped bright and clear, go to scope and its dark. Even crap sun $100 optics gather some light.

Way too many menus to do just about anything

Ever increasing spawn countdown when spawning on fireteam mate

Spawns too protected. Attackers just camp and shoot out of spawn where enemies cant enter or shoot.

MoH is a failed console port, period. Luckily I only paid half price for it.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/mohw/forum/threadview/2832654625283903729/

- MOH just made BF3 look like gold.... Game is pretty rough and has some major issues.....

- Definitely did. I mean what the hell is up with the FOV transitioning from a custom fov back to default whenever you sprint, why the f*ck would you implement such a bull shit system.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/mohw/forum/threadview/2832654348285043335/1/

MoHW has a LOT of bugs in the PC server right now. Here are some common ones that you may run into:

* A black screen when clients connect. Try restarting the server if you see this (it seems to be a back-end problem).

* Admin daemon commands (and Procon commands, etc) don't work from inside the game. This is because the game does not send chat to connected tools. Also, the game won't allow the exclamation point to be typed (none of the symbols on the number keys work), but this could be worked around by using / instead of !, if the former bug didn't exist.

* Many customizations cause the server to stop being ranked. Any of the vars.hud* variables do this, for instance, though they shouldn't. This prevents "Immersive" mode from working on ranked servers and forces all ranked servers to run without Friendly Fire.

* Strangely, the actual option to turn off ranked mode doesn't work. The only way to make the server unranked is to change one of the other, broken options that causes ranked mode to be lost (for instance, turning off the minimap).

* admin.say doesn't show text in-game. This means that server advertisements configured through the admin daemon, or through PB, can't work.

I never saw a game so bugged. Could not even play by the time of release. I am still running BF BC2 and MoH2010 servers, and also BF3, all bug champions. But the amount of problems in this one must be worthy the Guiness Book of Records.

I am glad I am running them from a dedicated server. Wait... this game is so bugged it may crash the dedicated machines...

Edge100x (NFO Admin/Staff)

I haven't gotten the game to work through Battlelog myself, possibly due to my graphics driver. Also, with this appearing to be a rushed console port, the in-game interface is a bit clunky. I still haven't figured out how to quit playing on a server or to exit the game without killing the process.

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=8306

Just played a few rounds of multiplayer and my first impressions are far from good.

It really is COD, it's one of the worst console ports I've ever played, the GUI is crap, maps are the size of a lavatory, half of the stuff doesn't work and the game feels unresponsive. It's basically a direct console port without any PC optimization whatsoever.

The previous MoH was a lot better, and that says a lot...

BF3's infantry gameplay is a masterpiece compared to this...

give the game time they fix bug like they did with bf3 the game new and bugs need be iron out just like bf3 wes when it first come

why all the hate for a new game thats wot killed the last moh game

Edited by wickysnip-NNB

Just played a few rounds of multiplayer and my first impressions are far from good.

It really is COD, it's one of the worst console ports I've ever played, the GUI is crap, maps are the size of a lavatory, half of the stuff doesn't work and the game feels unresponsive. It's basically a direct console port without any PC optimization whatsoever.

The previous MoH was a lot better, and that says a lot...

BF3's infantry gameplay is a masterpiece compared to this...

Thanks for the review :)

Appreciate it.

give the game time they fix bug like they did with bf3 the game new and bugs need be iron out just like bf3 wes when it first come

why all the hate for a new game thats wot killed the last moh game

How much time would you give them to sort it out?

BF3 still has bugs that should have been fixed months ago.

Ofcourse every game/application will have bugs, that's part of the development process. But all these direct console ports with no optimization for PC whatsoever that they are releasing nowadays is doing my head in.

EZVPL.jpg

^ An Xbox 360 controller in the PC controls menu, really...?

Edited by Twiebie

To be fair, there are a lot of players using the 360 controller on the PC, very easy to set it up and game with.

I do for racing games and such, but do you reckon a lot of players use them for FPS games aswell?

Forgot to mention that the game does have VoIP.

Edited by Twiebie

I do for racing games and such, but do you reckon a lot of players use them for FPS games aswell?

Forgot to mention that the game does have VoIP.

Yes there are, you have to under stand that a lot of players coming in to PC gaming have only played using a controller from playing on a xbox or some other console.

I completed the first moh on honor today before i fully settle in to the second one. The first one, even though it is only like a year and a half old, maybe two years, felt very dated. The way the weapons felt, sounded and handled was also vastly inferior to battlefield 3.