Medal of Honor Warfighter

buttscratcher

I completed the first moh on honor today before i fully settle in to the second one. The first one, even though it is only like a year and a half old, maybe two years, felt very dated. The way the weapons felt, sounded and handled was also vastly inferior to battlefield 3.

im really digging the new one after 2 days of play, the weapons are modeled very nice, things that are texture mapped in BF3 are actually cut out on MOHW, they spent alot of time on the weapons and mods for the weapons, i think the weapons are better than BF3 for instance, the customization is Insane. all the soldiers are awesome, you can make your squad from any combination. you cant compare it to BF3 even though i compared weapons as a example, they took a completely different approach to the frostbite engine, it plays with way more FPS, i see it as a different game and now enjoy it. Especially Real Ops game mode...

My Soldiers with their kits and some Real Ops(Hardcore) gameplay with a squad member. Ultra stetting 4X

mohw2012102421320506.jpg

mohw2012102421190706.jpg

mohw2012102421123106.jpg

mohw2012102421161106.jpg

mohw2012102421064107.jpg

Edited by eat5

Gameplay itself is not too bad but nothing special at the same time. They really should have delayed it to polish it more because I see serious bugs in almost every round such as spawning behind the map or falling through it. Plus a delay would have moved it away from the Black Ops 2 release.

I think if they don't get these bugs worked out before Black Ops 2 they may as well forget it. Well unless Black Ops 2 has more bugs but I always found CoD games tend to be decent for lack of serious bugs on a mass scale.

I felt that the last MoH was a more polished game than this one. Just had balance issues that weren't too bad. It's a shame because I think the game had potential to be a good game and stand out but the 1 year alternating release cycle that EA copied from Activision did more harm than good.

But I had to smile at this though.

So this is the packaging that @Amazon is shipping @MedalOfHonor in.... Brilliant!!!

https://twitter.com/JD_2020/status/261188129782890496/photo/1

Polygon: 4.5 / 10 - Medal of Honor Warfighter's multiplayer failings underline its real problem - it feels thrown together, with little consideration for why its parts should fit. While the multiplayer's obtuse design decisions are preferable to the campaign's lack of artificial intelligence, decent mechanics, or interesting level design, it's still difficult to find much reason to recommend Medal of Honor Warfighter over the shooters it wants so desperately to resemble. In an attempt to build a bridge across Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty, Danger Close has once again fallen into the hole between them.

Eurogamer: 5/10 - There's been a backlash brewing for some time against the bombastic direction military shooters have taken, but it would be wrong to assume that Medal of Honor: Warfighter is simply the game unlucky enough to bear its brunt. The truth is far simpler and more depressing: it's just not that good.

CheatCodeCentral: 2.7/5 - Medal of Honor: Warfighter feels unpolished. It's a slew of great ideas mashed together in a way that doesn't give any of them time to truly shine, rushed out to make a deadline that didn't do it any favors. While there's enjoyment to be had here, it is fleeting and often devolves rapidly into frustration and boredom.

Destructoid: 5/10 - Charmless, cynical, and uninspired, Warfighter encapsulates everything wrong with the annual big budget shooter industry. It's really not an awful game, it's just insipid and shallow, a title that exists solely to exist, and squeeze whatever profit remains to be had from serving the same flavorless porridge to the same unadventurous customers. It will make its money, and keep the FPS factories in business for another year.

NowGamer: 6.5/10 - While it's disheartening to see the promise of Danger Close's previous effort fall foul of the explosive taint of Call Of Duty, Medal Of Honor: Warfighter is still a fairly solid shooter with an unfortunately short campaign length.

The Daily Mail: No Score - But what it lacks in realism, it makes up with its colossal production values and memorable multiplayer - a tried-and-tested recipe for success. It's not the deep, emotional journey many were expecting, but action blockbusters never are.

GameThirst: 6/10 - Medal Of Honor: Warfighter isn't what you'd expect from Danger Close, especially in a day and age when the FPS genre in particular has become extremely competitive, with developers like DICE, Infinity Ward, 343 Industries, Gurrella Games and Treyarch pushing the boundaries. And with big titles like Halo 4 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 available in less than one month, there's no need to buy Warfighter. Rent it instead.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/374662/medal-of-honor-warfighter-review-round-up/

I felt that the last MoH was a more polished game than this one. Just had balance issues that weren't too bad. It's a shame because I think the game had potential to be a good game and stand out but the 1 year alternating release cycle that EA copied from Activision did more harm than good.

Yeah, definitely agree that the last MoH felt a lot better. It had the usual bugs and things, but it felt a lot more responsive in multiplayer. It was indeed a lot more polished overall.

Wow, about a 5/10 average...

Destructoid: 5/10 - Charmless, cynical, and uninspired, Warfighter encapsulates everything wrong with the annual big budget shooter industry. It's really not an awful game, it's just insipid and shallow, a title that exists solely to exist, and squeeze whatever profit remains to be had from serving the same flavorless porridge to the same unadventurous customers. It will make its money, and keep the FPS factories in business for another year.

That could be the review for any FPS.. Nothing unique or inspiring about ANY of them. Devs will continue to release as FPS are guaranteed bums on seats.

List of community reported bugs / annoyances so far

1. Spawning out of bounds. Spawning off map + dying over and over.

2. VOIP on hot mike by default. Really?

3. We need a way to change teams!

4. We need a way to join a buddies fireteam in game.

5. Auto spawn should NEVER be on by default.

6. Two grenades per player on tiny maps = nade spam hell.

7. Weapon damage seems random. Probably net code, please fix.

8. VOIP set to off and you hear random voices.

9. Lots of Crash To Desktops and game freeze's. (CTD's not acceptable in a gold release)

10. We need a way to leave or kick people from fireteams.

11. When joining a server with 4 or more people in a group random stuff will happen.

___ a. Three will join, last player will join a different server.

___ b. Two will join as a fireteam the others will join on opposite sides. Just queue them until they can join as a fireteam. (Tell them whats happening in a popup!)

___ c. When players in a group are on opposite teams and there is a team in-balance. MOVE THE PLAYER into the fireteam with his group buddie. (I can't believe I'm having to type this its so damn obvious)

13. Super long loading times for small maps?

14. This could be just me but when the blackhawk spawns and you use it it always feels like assisted suicide. I've noticed that when it spawns now everyone avoids it like the plague.

15. Add a clear button on all UI pages to be able to leave the game!

16. Gun Settings not saving. Having to re-setup your guns when starting the game again is a annoying. (could be that guns are saved on game exit? CTD not saving guns?)

17. PC players know what a ping is. Cell phone bars are insulting, show us a ping.

18. Bamboo and other thin concealment should not stop a bullet. Having players pop in and out from behind a bamboo fence while you unload into it feels ridiculous. If you leave it like this at least let me pull up some bamboo and make bamboo amour

19. Modern monitors come in all aspect ratios. Some players play with 2-3 screens. We need a FOV slider to allow for wider views.

20. Leaning/peeking seems worthless. You can't move when you lean so you have to get your placing right first try or you spend 30 seconds finding the right distance to lean from. Even when you find it its not worth it in terms of cover as most of your body leans around the corner anyway.

21. Aim down sites sensitivity should not be different to your hip fire sensitivity. If you want to keep this give us two sliders to control them both. (My guess is this is a hold over from the console to help thumb jockeys get on target quicker when in ADS.)

22. When defending in combat mission if the bomb goes off, all the live defenders are instantly out of bounds and die in 10 seconds. (If you want to clear out the area how about just permanently spotting all the defenders around the old bomb area. That should help the attackers clear without just /killing all the defenders.)

23. Game locks up when customizing your gun. Completely freezes. Reports of it being triggered on changing stocks. But I've had it happen to me when changing sights.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/mohw/forum/threadview/2832654625287699802/

there was already hackers in there tonight, getting 1 shot kills at a obvious pace...

looked it up and there are quit a few almost out or out... Evenbalance needs these

get ready for total pwnage with our powerfull medal of honor warfighter hack

Never miss a bullet anymore with the amazing aimbot included in this hack.

See your enemy from across the map.

See enemy`s behind walls.

Increase your view by removing fog,smoke,grass,sky,etc

Auto receive your team mates and auto knife and shoot your enemy.

Play safe at punkbusterand ranked servers.

Are you curious after reading this? then check out our hack and buy vip to start owning.

Edited by eat5

LoL thats funny, i know the game seems like a POS atm then at least join a server protected using pbbans :)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com:80/mohw/servers/show/efcf1020-ae72-4a61-80e9-294c6d850e00/Combat-Ready-Ranked/

Well bit of a lie really, just got home from work, so working on the streaming as we speak.

Had a quick go online earlier, the guns feel weird compared to bf3. Didn't encounter any bugs at all, but only played for 30 minutes.

Seems like it could be fun when played with a few squad mates on voice comms.

Optimistic so far.

More I play it the more I'm hating the spec ops esp perk. Soon as I hear it activate I have someone coming around a corner firing before I can even see them.

Spawns are horrible in TDM, they are very random and have no flow like I've seen in other games such as CoD4. Buddy spawn is very annoying too in TDM. Enemy farts at my buddy and I can't spawn on him because he is under fire however I have half a clip into someone and his buddy spawns on him and kills me.

Maps seem to "flat" (Not literately) compared to other games. Some of them usually have one color for the tone.

im playing hardcore only (Real Ops), i like that the best, no red glow, ^^^ yea spec ops C perk, lol. same here , you hear it then have to move. i found it good for throwing grenades at people. i changed FOV to 120, really annoying, there are 2 FOV settings only 1 Available in consol... hope they address this, it will be hard for them to patch cause its integrated in a strange way.

The Verdict

Gorgeous visuals and high production values can only carry a poor experience so far. Expect to spend a lot of time waiting, watching, and wondering why you’re bothering to play at all during Medal of Honor Warfighter’s disappointing, confusing campaign.

At its core, Warfighter is a functional shooter built on trite design ideas, but significant technical problems knock it below the realm of mediocrity. This isn’t just an upsetting sequel or me-too military shooter – Warfighter is disrespectful of your time and unwilling or unable to adapt to what’s been done better elsewhere.

4.0 Bad

Medal of Honor Warfighter feels old, disrespects the player, and misses the mark in the campaign and online

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/27/medal-of-honor-warfighter-review