Battlefield 1

MaydaX

Not sure it'll be that short lived Greeny, time will tell. It'll largely depend on the elements already discussed on the threads on here. Not even sure whether the life span of a game is reflective of the game or if people simply have no attention span anymore.

I and my clan we were looking forward to this title more came first the value of the game, then came the beta did not please us, has nothing surpriendente, besides the huge amount of cheaters  :(  :(  :(

Its scepticism that if the anti cheat in place doesn't work that well who is going to tolerate gaming with more cheaters around? We all know there will be some waiting to be caught, will likely apply in any game cause no game is 100% cheater proof but it'll be how many that actual number is.

Without third party anti cheat a plus side (yeah right) is that the undetected or uncaught cheaters will be spread over all servers (its not really a plus for us, just a point saying that they won't be squeezed into non streaming servers that is if they don't have a global pb ban anyway) the downside is that more will go undetected and uncaught and there will be no streaming servers to give extra protection.

I've stocked up on  :popcorn_cat: to sit back in my comfy chair with feet up relaxing while listening to all the players complain in forums about cheaters in the servers, while abusing the supposed admins of the servers like players do now but it will be a lot worse and players not realising their is only one admin to rule them all, it's called fairfight which is also a bit hard to yell obscenitys at because a script doesn't care. :P At least they wont get kicked for those obscenitys. :tapping:

Time will tell how the final game structure will look like from Dice but at this stage it does not look good for any would be server admin out there.

All I see is a win win for cheaters.

• Upvote 2

I've stocked up on  :popcorn_cat: to sit back in my comfy chair with feet up relaxing while listening to all the players complain in forums about cheaters in the servers, while abusing the supposed admins of the servers like players do now but it will be a lot worse and players not realising their is only one admin to rule them all, it's called fairfight which is also a bit hard to yell obscenitys at because a script doesn't care. :P At least they wont get kicked for those obscenitys. :tapping:

Time will tell how the final game structure will look like from Dice but at this stage it does not look good for any would be server admin out there.

All I see is a win win for cheaters.

Didn't know it was so bad, I haven't touched another BF game after playing BF3 and that was a nightmare with the server disconnects.

If you're looking for a good team game I highly recommend Insurgency and best of all the devs are bringing in a 3rd party anti-cheat to run alongside VAC, I hope that's PB!

To the staff, give the devs a nudge and tell them you want PB streaming alongside VAC, ARMA uses a 3rd party anti-cheat alongside VAC (BattlEye) so I don't see why we can't have VAC and PB :D

• Upvote 1

Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm uses both VAC and PB together and it works fine. They also have an admin/rcon panel, public server files, SDK and mod tools.

Read here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/red-orchestra-2-rising-storm/ro2-rs-general/general-discussion-ab/54473-pbbans-supports-red-orchestra-2?t=53352

So, to be honest, why not have more than one anti-cheat on EA/DICE games?

• Upvote 2

Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm uses both VAC and PB together and it works fine. They also have an admin/rcon panel, public server files, SDK and mod tools.

Read here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/red-orchestra-2-rising-storm/ro2-rs-general/general-discussion-ab/54473-pbbans-supports-red-orchestra-2?t=53352

The more the merrier and the more = more protection as they all work in different ways but I guess they want it to be "their baby". Communities like us who voluntarily like to be proactive in the fight against anticheat will have to put their total faith in "their baby" to keep cheaters out of their games so we can all play on an even balance, on an even playing field. Communties like us were happy to be part of anticheat and use our own spare time to help all clean players get a clean game, looks like this is going to be killed off once and for all unless a new blockbuster game takes advantage of what we have built in community anticheat today.

That sad end is looking to be getting closer and closer unless new anticheat will incorporate community driven anticheat.

• Upvote 1

Iam so disappointed about how everything is developing around bf1 and so is the majority of my clan. Without having full control

over the server we ofc wont rent a bf1 too, and iam not willing playing on official servers only where no admin can actually

kick players who cheat or show other disruptive behaviours.

• Upvote 2

Personal pride is my guess, they don't like another website doing something better than what they can do themselves.

That sad end is looking to be getting closer and closer unless new anticheat will incorporate community driven anticheat.

So true!

Communities in general seem to be disappearing, it's only clans that seem to keep that community spirit.  Players now play a game for a week, get bored and move on and the devs are giving them games that appeal to that type of player.

I don't ever want to see PB disappear, people put it down and say it's bad but without it gaming would be a complete nightmare and cheaters would run amok.

• Upvote 1

i3D has an apparently exclusive contract to host various console games for EA and I wouldn't be surprised if they were given the ability to run BF1 servers. They are likely to know more about plans for what's going to happen than we do right now.

We knew months in advance for previous BF titles (with the exception of Battlefront), we were part of beta programs that allowed us to test resource usage, and we were able to offer preorders early on for each game.

In contrast, the servers for the BF1 beta were not run by RSPs (but instead run in-house by EA), and EA is withholding all information on whether there will even be a ranked server program.

The industry trend seems to be towards in-house/contracted hosting instead of allowing customers to run their own servers. There are very few new titles coming out that allow self-hosting.

https://forums.nfoservers.com/viewtopic.php?p=72299#p72299

I don't know how true this is but here it is anyways: https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?14821-What-are-your-plans-for-running-BF1-servers&p=135874&viewfull=1#post135874

And yes, it is 100% correct, there won't be RCON support and if you choose to rent a server, you won't be able to choose even which provider will host it... DICE will decide that. -.-

That is the rumor as of right now. No PunkBuster (FairFight only), no third party rcon (little or no server control to the server owners), no third party anti-cheat (cheaters / hackers and server rule breakers will abound), possibly no servers to rent (all servers would be run by DICE). It is a sad state of affairs for BF players.

Edited by propbndr

That is the rumor as of right now. No PunkBuster (FairFight only), no third party rcon (little or no server control to the server owners), no third party anti-cheat (cheaters / hackers and server rule breakers will abound), possibly no servers to rent (all servers would be run by DICE). It is a sad state of affairs for BF players.

Why have they taken this route?

Surely the whole point of renting a server is so you have full control and can keep the cheaters off it.  That makes no sense to me at all.

I don't know Fairfight at all so just Googled it and found this:

It does not reside on the player's computer and does not examine the players' devices or perpetually look for the latest hacks.

Sounds useless to me :lol:

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Seems it may be a popular game despite the anti-cheat and server hosting choices.

Currently online players

PC: 90,952 (24h peak: 171,382)

XBOXONE: 220,397 (24h peak: 248,449)

PS4: 218,511 (24h peak: 272,844)

Total: 529,860

http://bf1stats.com/

Seems it may be a popular game despite the anti-cheat and server hosting choices.

Currently online players

PC: 90,952 (24h peak: 171,382)

XBOXONE: 220,397 (24h peak: 248,449)

PS4: 218,511 (24h peak: 272,844)

Total: 529,860

http://bf1stats.com/

OMG!

and no Server to Rent

Yep some of my clan are saying they're enjoying it and under the impression servers will be rentable via origin in the near future + vague hope some anti cheat will come into action.  I'm not sure how likely either of those options are.  Been all too busy at work lately!  However if they're enjoying it then fair play to them.

We’d like to share a bit more information about the Rental Server program, coming this November.

As you know, Rental Servers for PS4 and Xbox One have gone through EA. Now with PC Rental Servers also going through EA, there’s quite a lot of questions. Let’s answer some now:

How much will it cost?

PC

1 day: $2.99

7 days: $11.99

30 days: $42.99

90 days: $99.99

180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE

1 day: $1.99

7 days: $7.99

30 days: $26.99

90 days: $64.99

180 days: $99.99

When will the Rental Server Program Launch?

We’re excited to bring RSP to Battlefield 1 this November.

What types of features can I expect?

The biggest question, of course. We will update this thread tomorrow with some of the features you will have in the RSP.

Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

What types of features can I expect?

Among many other settings, players renting servers will be able to adjust:

ticket count

bullet damage

modes

weapons

maps

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34210/battlefield-1-rental-server-program