Registering Clantag / Nickname

mangu

AFAIK:

That is a copy of what the info inside the regname.dat looks like.

( "Partial" means the registration is a "TAG" )

Ah off course, did not cross my mind at all :P

No, not on server, you need to do that from each client as well who use those regged tags on those servers who have them stored (PBBans streaming servers) tags, that means every clan member need to put that text into the console like this:

/pb_regnamepartial XM password

or in a file.cfg you can execute:

pb_regnamepartial "XM" "password"

Then do /exec file.cfg

AFAIK:

Is wrong, never seen that before, correct me if I am wrong.

PunkBuster - Name Registry

Ok you must be misunderstanding me and not fully read all my posts yet.

I have the regname.dat file on my local computer ..... that part is OK and that has the (below) with in it

PB_REGNAMES

"XM" "OPPS PASS WE USE" Partial

---------------

I have already stated serveral times all CLAN members have PUT the regnamepartial command into the console and that makes that FILE (above) on there computer.

-----------------

I made a protected.cfg file and upoloaded the file to my SERVER PB FOLDER.

I also added the pb_sv_task 120 -1 pb_sv_load protected.cfg //Loads tag protection into the pbsv.cfg file SO THAT IT LOADS the protected.cfg file.

The protect.cfg file has this pb_sv_protecttag 1 XM // 2010-02-10 within it.

---------------

I have tried 3 ways with 3 different loads commands, all do the samething < so it does not matter which way you do it:

1. WAY

pb_sv_task 120 -1 pb_sv_load protected.cfg //Loads tag protection

2. Way

; ------------------------------

; ProtectTag

; ------------------------------

pb_sv_protecttag 1 XM

3. Way

This is the exec way of loading the file protected.cfg:

pb_sv_load protected.cfg //load protected (if protected.cfg exists)

--------------------------

Now when i do a PB_Plist in console ... like i posted already NO clan member is showing as registered.

Edited by XamDam

'RocknRoll'

OMG .... i just looked at this protected.cfg you posted.

http://www.geocities.com/rock_n_roll1964/protected.txt

IS IT TRUE:::::

// *** For Call of Duty: World at War, "ProtectTag/Name" only works on the

// *** Playername NOT the Clan Tag.

// *** [ClanTag] PlayerName

If so ....... like i posted I run a CODWAW server and the TAG is separate from the NAME.

If True //////// HOW to fix this ???

Edited by XamDam

Yes, XamCam, it is true. Confirmed via Trouble Ticket with Evenbalance.

=> http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=71237&hl=

------------------------------------------------------

I believe it's problem with CoD:WW.

=> CoD4

#1 = Shows that the regname.dat is found.

#2 = Shows the registration info.

=> CoD:WW

#1 = regname.dat is found

#2 = NOT showing registration.

Edited by RocknRoll

If so ....... like i posted I run a CODWAW server and the TAG is separate from the NAME.

If True //////// HOW to fix this ???

** stupid answer removed **

Not enough coffee yet this morning

Edited by RocknRoll

protection renewed

Tag or Name: =]TS[=

Unique Identifier: 1

"=]TS[=" 	Tag 	Tactical-Shooters - Multigaming Since 2003 - www.tactical-shooters.net 	=]TS[=Ruepel 	2010-03-08

- Active and Streaming

- Re-added and Updated

In any event, please add

:]v[:

to the CoD4 list...[/color]

":]v[:" 	Tag 	WE don't need to cheat! - www.harmattanvanguard.com :]v[: 	Jerry Lewis 	2010-01-08

- Active and Streaming

- Added

----------------------------------------

** Updated **

==> protected.cfg

`

Ah man that is just outright LAME.

If this is true, which it appears to be thus far. Then PB should be stating this information before anyone PAYS for their service for CODWAW.

There must be a way to correct this ourselves, what is COD 4 using as opposed to CODWAW ???

I just sent this INFO (Below) to PB evenbalance with my Ticket as a response to their response to me. I will wait their response to this.

OK i just did an experiment.... listen to this.

I read on PBBANS website in a forum post

// *** For Call of Duty: World at War, "ProtectTag/Name" only works on the

// *** Playername NOT the Clan Tag.

// *** [ClanTag] PlayerName

This is a PISS OFF and who needs to correct this???? PB or Treyrarch ???

He is the issue..... i made a new profile called XM-King and GUESS WHAT it works, it shows Registered in the /PB_Plist.

Problem is the TAG is in the created NAME ..... not the actual CLAN TAG part which people can enter their CLAN tag NAME.

Example:

[XM]KING thats is how COD 4 is and CODWAW is and for COD 4 it works, but for CODWAW it does not.

As for CODWAW it works only when the XM is in the name XM-King..... who needs to fix this ?????

We can't have all of our 20 members putting XM in there PLAYER NAME as some have VERY long NAMES, basically your only allowed so many Characters in the Player Name.

So someone has to fix this ASAP like NOW, SOON... so players, clan TAGS are scanned and not just the PLAYERS NAME for the XM tag.

Edited by XamDam

:lol: I meant that I edited my post to remove MY "stupid answer". :P

Edited by RocknRoll

:lol: I meant that I edited my post to remove MY "stupid answer". :P

Lmao...

So how can we fix this guys

I need to clarify an Error i made ..... COD 4 only allows for TAG within name, I said it allowed TAGS aside from the name, but infact it does NOT allow for separate TAG from the name, have not played cod 4 for almost a year now... :rolleyes:

Ok so can we MOD/HACK>> SHHHHHHHHH ..... the name profile somehow to correct this ourselves? :D

Seriously can it be done so that the Extra TAG Characters are allowed with CODWAW names.

What is the Coding for COD 4 that is Missing in CODWAW? ... Thats what we need.

Or

EB = PB maybe with a updated Scanning engine can scan TAGS and NAMES instead of just NAMES.

Or

Trayarch needs to fix this ASAP.

This issue is not with Evenbalance. It has to do with how CODWW passes the name inside the game. You will also see PBSS with the name 'Unknown Soldier' despite the player name displaying fine in game or in the PB logs.

In short, it's up to Treyarch to resolve this. Good luck with that. We'll be lucky if the demo record function will come out in patch 1.3.

On a positive note, they did release CODWW Patch v1.2 and they have some new content coming for CODWW.

http://www.callofduty.com/supplies_map_pack

:bigtup:

This issue is not with Evenbalance. It has to do with how CODWW passes the name inside the game. You will also see PBSS with the name 'Unknown Soldier' despite the player name displaying fine in game or in the PB logs.

In short, it's up to Treyarch to resolve this. Good luck with that. We'll be lucky if the demo record function will come out in patch 1.3.

On a positive note, they did release CODWW Patch v1.2 and they have some new content coming for CODWW.

http://www.callofduty.com/supplies_map_pack

:bigtup:

Yeah i already seen that new content and it looks good.

My server is Ranked 23rd in Gametracker, highest we been was 20th last month.

So i have a very good server and there has been imposters on while no clan ppl were around and they abused other players, basically attacking and trying to destroy the intergrity of XM people. This has happened more then several times..... yes i banned those whom did this after i was told by some of our loyal players, but it does not prevent others from using the TAG in the TAG clan part as there is no scanning for it.

That is why i registered the XM tag, but DAMN treyarch... so this may never ever ever get fixed.

Its only $24.00 USD for registering the TAG, but hell i like thinsg to work the way they should...... lol .... thats asking to much at times i know.

Is there a way Modders can correct this isssue themselves?

I think Treyarch did this for a reason = nobody can have the exact name as yours in the way it is spelled, which is good, but they failed the PBSS and the Allowing for scanning of the CLAN TAGS to be scanned by PB.

I am sure PB can update their scanning engine to scan for the TAGS, so maybe that can be done.

Or

If someone knows what file i can EDIT, then i am willing to try it.

That is why i registered the XM tag, but DAMN treyarch... so this may never ever ever get fixed.

Its only $24.00 USD for registering the TAG, but hell i like thinsg to work the way they should...... lol .... thats asking to much at times i know.

You can cancel your registration and request a refund.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-namereg.php

I wish to cancel, will I be refunded?

Yes, you will be refunded for the unused portion of the registration.

You can cancel your registration and request a refund.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-namereg.php

LOL

Yeah i know i can do that, but hey if it gets fixed YIPPEE, if not ... well at least ppl will hopefully get booted for impersonating XM if doing so in their name only.

I will email Treyarch about this issue and i will await for their response.

I am not one who gives up.

As for CODWAW it works only when the XM is in the name XM-King..... who needs to fix this ?????

We can't have all of our 20 members putting XM in there PLAYER NAME as some have VERY long NAMES, basically your only allowed so many Characters in the Player Name.

Yep that's about the size of it and you've found the only fix available at this time. Your players for now are going to have to shorten there names and have the tag in the name.

I started off as {BFK}Britisches FreiKorps in COD, CODUO and COD2 now I down to {BFK}Brit_FK due to the character limitations in COD4 and CODWAW.

Right now playing BF2142

please add clan tag

Tag or Name: =TRR=

pb_sv_protecttag 1 =TRR=

Edited by cableguy619

Well after waiting for PB to respond to my above post about if there is away they can scan for the TAG'S in the clan tag part.

Of course like we all suspected and know.

Their answer was there is no way for them to fix such an issue it is Treyarchs issue to deal with.

Sorry but this will be the last update for me, guys.

Just, too busy.

Right now playing BF2142

please add clan tag

Tag or Name: =TRR=

pb_sv_protecttag 1 =TRR=

"=TRR=" 	Tag 	TRR preoctected Tags 	2010-02-15

- Added

----------------------------------------

** Updated **

( 1 Added, 2 Removed, 1 Updated )

==> protected.cfg