Registering Clantag / Nickname

mangu

These two tags are not valid.

pb_sv_ProtectTag 1 (A.S.S) //[ Sorry, no matches found for (A.S.S) ]

pb_sv_ProtectTag 1 (SF-D) //[ Sorry, no matches found for (SF-D) ]

They have been dropped from the list.

Thanks to =GG=RocknRoll, the list now features the game/s played and expiration date of the tags registration.

protected.cfg

Right click on the link above and click on save link as. Then save it to your desptop. Open the config and follow the instructions at the top.

The file now contains both clan tags and individual names. If anyone is having any issues with this please let me know so I can fix it. If you are having problems understanding the instructions or would like a copy in another language please let me know. I will do my best to help.

protected.cfg

Right click on the link above and click on save link as. Then save it to your desptop. Open the config and follow the instructions at the top.

Anti-medic

• 2 weeks later...

//pb_sv_protecttag 1 =CR= //[ Sorry, no matches found for =CR= ]

=CR= your tags expired on April 30th. Just a reminder that youre tags are no longer protected. Please update your stuff.

Anti.

He posted a wrong URL, get the file from here:

http://www.cripplemilitia.com/download/protected.cfg

I guess he uses the build in file manager in his cPanel to update the file and then links to it from there (copy/paste) and that doesn't work realy ;)

Anti-medic Let me know if you want me to edit my post in case you dont use this direct link but an passthrough script instead to keep a download counter or something.

I'll then remove the link ASP if this forum allows me to edit my post obvious.

Edited by DS-Dennis

Thanks for the catch guys. I erroneously copied the wrong link. The link DS-Dennis posted is correct.

protected.cfg

Anti.

Edited by Anti-medic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well I was just notified by one of my clan mates, that most of our members keep getting kicked for using a protected tag.

I assume you mean your " |SoS| " tags.

Registration is good

"|SoS|" 	Tag 	Registered SoS CoD4 Squad Member - http://sosquad.net 	Carlos Ramos 	2009-04-06

Obviously you are protecting it correctly

pb_sv_protecttag 1 |SoS|

Is it possible that Carlos changed the password and the info didn't get passed?

They all did the following?:

1. Start your game ( do not join a server )

2. Hit the " ~ " key to bring down console

3. Type the following: pb_regnamepartial <correct tag> <correct password>

4. Hit " enter "

If you did it correctly, this places a regname.dat file in your local "game"/PB folder

You could have them remove their tags and join your server, then check your svlog for the following.

CORRECT regname.dat will look like this

[02.26.2008 19:36:35] New Connection (slot #9) ##.##.##.###:##### [****************************571f] "PLAYER" (seq 1054018)
[02.26.2008 19:36:35] 571f PLAYER (slot 9|1) *REGISTERED "|SoS|"(1) Registered SoS CoD4 Squad Member - http://sosquad.net

Double entry is "normal" ( on my server anyways )

INCORRECT regname.dat will look like this

[02.26.2008 19:36:35] New Connection (slot #9) ##.##.##.###:##### [****************************571f] "PLAYER" (seq 1054018)
[02.26.2008 19:36:35] 571f PLAYER (slot 9|-1) Supplied INVALID PB Name Registration Information

NO regname.dat will look like this

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've personally found the protect tags thing fairly pointless - everyone in my clan knows each other, so if a random person joins the server using our clan tags they tend not to stay on very long.

I've only come across a handful of servers that bother to include such lines in their configs and a large proportion of those only include their own clans tags in their configs.

Of more use would be the ability to prevent people maliciously joining other servers using our clan tag (as has happened before) however this relies on the server using (and keeping up to date) a protected.cfg as seen above - to be honest since the list changes so often I probably wouldn't be bothered to maintain this myself :s

Surely this would be a candidate for inclusion into the hub - that when a player connects if there is a flag e.g. 'protect tags' ticked in accounts then hub can compare the player against a central protected.cfg repository rather than individual ones on the local servers (whose content will almost certainly be out of date or vary)?

Kind of like a master ban list - only a master protected tags list :)

Please add PB_SV_ProtectTag 1 |Hes|

:lol: Not sure how it translates, but okay. {W.F.D}Warriors From Denmark here.

Says {W.F.D}Warriors From Denmark on your website and at ESL. But ALL references

to "tags" is |Hes|. Go figure.

** Updated **

==> protected.cfg

• 2 weeks later...

pls add our clan:

ID: 1 Clan tag =GD=

pb_sv_ProtectTag 1 =GD

expires:02-08-2008

we on Americas army

Edited by bibsmaus