mangu

Hey Rock can you add

Tag or Name: PwNdBy

Unique Identifier: 1

pb_sv_protecttag 1 PwNdBy

To your magic list :)

Many Thanks

Sorry for the delay.

Account has no servers. Once you have a server streaming, repost.

"PwNdBy" 	Tag 	PwNdBy - www,PwNdBy-Networks.co.uk 	2009-10-28

Team Status	  Team is Active
Account ID 	  4926
Name 			PwndBy-Networks
Tag 			 PwndBy

Servers	  Account has no servers

• 1 month later...
Please update:

pb_sv_protecttag 1 =]RC[=

thanks !

"=]RC[=" 	Tag 	Rough & Clever, visit us @ www.rc-clan.de 	=]RC[= Hunter 	2010-01-16

Account is "Active" and "Streaming"

** Updated **

==> protected.cfg

`

• 3 weeks later...

Tag: {BFK}

Name: Brit_FK

Add these please for COD4 and Brit_FK also for CODWAW.

Edited by {BFK}Britisches_FreiKorps

Tag: {BFK}

Name: Brit_FK

"{BFK}" 	Tag 	Britisches FreiKorps Clan Tags 	Jimbo Jennings 	2010-02-10

"Brit_FK" 	Name 	{BFK} Admin Name 	Jimbo Jennings 	2010-02-10

** Updated **

( Added: 1 TAG, 1 NAME, Updated: 1 Expiration )

==> protected.cfg

"{BFK}"	 Tag	 Britisches FreiKorps Clan Tags	 Jimbo Jennings	 2010-02-10

"Brit_FK"	 Name	 {BFK} Admin Name	 Jimbo Jennings	 2010-02-10

** Updated **

( Added: 1 TAG, 1 NAME, Updated: 1 Expiration )

==> protected.cfg

Apologies got another one to add to that:

Name: {BFK}Brit_FK

protection renewed

Tag or Name: =]TS[=

Tag/Name Description Contact Expires

"=]TS[=" Tag

Description

Tactical-Shooters - Multigaming Since 2003 - www.tactical-shooters.net

Contact

=]TS[=Ruepel

Expires

2010-03-08

Might it not be easier to have a separate protected.cfg list for each game?

Not in my opinion, the cvar is supported by any game using punkbuster. They don't need to have a comment either in the file for what game the team account is streaming, it is not relevant. Your clan members can play on other servers at other games as well using there clan tag.

Search at http://ssl.evenbalance.com/regname_search.php after your tag and it does not tell us that you only use it on cod4

":]v[:" "WE don't need to cheat! - www.harmattanvanguard.com :]v[:" "Jerry Lewis" "2010-01-08"

If I use this file, I use it without removing your clan tag from the list when uploaded to a bf2 server or any other PB enabled game server. I only add a personal list of tags to this one.

Edited by DS-Dennis

Not in my opinion, the cvar is supported by any game using punkbuster. They don't need to have a comment either in the file for what game the team account is streaming, it is not relevant. Your clan members can play on other servers at other games as well using there clan tag.

Search at http://ssl.evenbalance.com/regname_search.php after your tag and it does not tell us that you only use it on cod4

If I use this file, I use it without removing your clan tag from the list when uploaded to a bf2 server or any other PB enabled game server. I only add a personal list of tags to this one.

Correct. The registration is NOT game specific and works for any PunkBuster supported game.

Quoting myself from earlier in this thread...

Games listed are based mostly on what are streaming via the accounts and are provided to assist you with which ones you want on the list you put on your servers. Some may only want "CoD4" protected on their "CoD4" etc.

I'll try to do another update later today.

Edited by RocknRoll

I run a CODWAW server, not from home, gut it is a rented server.

I run Vista 64-bit.

Ok i registered my clan 2 days ago and when i do a /pb_plist i can see within the Blue Text that PB found one registred member for XM, but here is my deilema.

I did do the console command for regnamepartial (and yep added regname file on PC), i did add a protect.cfg file with the added sv_load_protected.cfg.

The thing is it still does not show me or ANY clan member of my as registered, like in this picture.

I sent ticket to PB yesterday and they responded, but with no real help ... they just said the registration looks fine and works for them.... Frig That .... sure the name registration is REGISTRED fine , meaning in their database, but NOT working as it should (like in Picture Below), maybe authentication error, i don't know, but after paying 24.00 for TAG registration i am hoping this cane be solved.

We not see the *REGISTERED for us and not see the little description Xtreme Massacre Clan Member.

This is not working right, any help appreciated.

ss-plist.jpg

Edited by XamDam

I believe you miss the registration/validation of your clan tag within your local punkbuster setup for the specific game you play.

Once you entered the desired command in the pb console (like outlined in the welcome message from EB) you will find a file named 'regname.dat' in your local pb folder. You need to make sure this is present and all your clan members have the same file in their pb folders. Since you do a partial name registration, you can do it locally on your pc and - once it starts to work for you - send this file to all your members and have them copy the file into their local pb folders.

I believe you miss the registration/validation of your clan tag within your local punkbuster setup for the specific game you play.

Once you entered the desired command in the pb console (like outlined in the welcome message from EB) you will find a file named 'regname.dat' in your local pb folder. You need to make sure this is present and all your clan members have the same file in their pb folders. Since you do a partial name registration, you can do it locally on your pc and - once it starts to work for you - send this file to all your members and have them copy the file into their local pb folders.

Thks for your reply.

No i never missed doing that, i do have the regname.dat in my PB folder.

I run Vista 64-bit and it puts the file in a hidden folder called punkbuster/waw/pb the file is in that PB folder.

I have had 5 members do the same out fo 20 so far and NONE of us are listed in the PB_Plist with a second line showing us registered, bascially it still showing us as normal in the PB_Plist.

When i join my server and type PB_Plist i open the console right away and i can see Punkbuster has loaded the file as it says in the PB_Plist AddedRegisteredNameRecord: XM, but thats cause it loaded the (pb_sv_task 120 -1 pb_sv_load protected.cfg //Loads tag protection) that i put into the pbsv.cfg and it loads the protected.cfg so that part is OK.

Its the Autentication part that is not OK,

We don't see this in the PB_Plist

Example:

6 xxxxxxxx(-) OK 3.1 1{0|0} (DD)name

*REGISTERED "DD" Clan DD (Full Member)

So i think i did everything correctly, but it still not working correctly.

I am not sure what the issue is.

Could it be because it may not work with Call Of Duty World At War or is it cause i am streaming PBBANS?

Is there someting in any PBBANS file that i need to add somewhere for it to scan for Registered Tags?

Edited by XamDam

You have off course put in your:

pb_regnamefull "nick" "password"		// pb_regnamefull NICK PASSWORD
pb_regnamepartial "tag" "password"	// pb_regnamepartial TAG PASSWORD

Client side as well?

First is for regged name/ nick, 2nd is for clantags.

One thing to keep in mind is CODWW allows for the inclusion of clan tags however, the tag are not considered part of the name.

Example:

Name: Merlintime

TAGS: [iHS]

CODWW configured to display tags results in display name of: [iHS]Merlintime

A /pb_plist will only show: Merlintime as name (no tags shown).

We have the tags [iHS] registered. In CODWW it does not register my name to those tags since it's not a part of my in game name.

You have off course put in your:

pb_regnamefull "nick" "password"		// pb_regnamefull NICK PASSWORD
pb_regnamepartial "tag" "password"	// pb_regnamepartial TAG PASSWORD

Client side as well?

First is for regged name/ nick, 2nd is for clantags.

I not understanding a little?

Does that CODE go into the PBSV.cfg as well?

All that is in the regnamepartial.dat is the

PB_REGNAMES"XM" "PASSWORD WE USE" Partial

Edited by XamDam

Its the Autentication part that is not OK,

We don't see this in the PB_Plist

Example:

6 xxxxxxxx(-) OK 3.1 1{0|0} (DD)name

*REGISTERED "DD" Clan DD (Full Member)

Having the same problem with some people in my clan. The regname.dat file is in their PB folder but it doesn't appear in pb_plist like you said above. Some appear REGISTERED, some don't.

Having the same problem with some people in my clan. The regname.dat file is in their PB folder but it doesn't appear in pb_plist like you said above. Some appear REGISTERED, some don't.

Yeah but with us it is 0 out of 5 that have tried this so far.

Again is it a CODWAW issue?

Or cause were running PBBANS issue?

I not understanding a little?

Does that CODE go into the PBSV.cfg as well?

All that is in the regnamepartial.dat is the

No, not on server, you need to do that from each client as well who use those regged tags on those servers who have them stored (PBBans streaming servers) tags, that means every clan member need to put that text into the console like this:

/pb_regnamepartial XM password

or in a file.cfg you can execute:

pb_regnamepartial "XM" "password"

Then do /exec file.cfg

AFAIK:

Is wrong, never seen that before, correct me if I am wrong.

PunkBuster - Name Registry

AFAIK:

Is wrong, never seen that before, correct me if I am wrong.

That is a copy of what the info inside the regname.dat looks like.

( "Partial" means the registration is a "TAG" )

Edited by RocknRoll