The only way to stop cheats/hacks etc.

littleman

I was playing again BF2142 today, and in the game was another one Cheater. 5 Players were saying to kick him, kick votes started again him but nothing. That player could kill 3-4 players at once with a clip. And I have upload you tube video with proves that he 99% aimbots.

Before some time ago, I post another topic, about another player I catch him aimboting, that PBBans knew that he is developing hacks etc for a long time (as it seems). Still that player is free to hack and cheat even now.

Thus the question is. Can actually PB and in general anti-cheat communities, remove cheaters from gamers-servers, and thus protect gamers from cheaters? .. The answer is NO. PB and anti-cheat communities can only actually spot the cheaters and inform the others. Nothing more practical.

Thus what is the solution to actually protect gamers from cheaters? .. LAWS! .. Anti-cheat communities have to push global organizations (in EU, USA, etc) to make laws against cheaters. If an official anti-cheat community (PB i.e.) catch a hacker/cheater etc playing in official servers cheating over other real players, that cheater should be go to court, to face with 1-2 years in jail.

Tell me then. Which people would be risk 1-2 years of their life, just to cheat or ruin a game for their fun?.... No-one... And online-gaming will finally clear from such parasites.

Now, why should a country make such a laws against game-cheating?..

Because a game-cheater affect-annoy real players-humans. Spoils the fun, destroy the entertainment of people. Take an example..

If you are out with your company and a person come and annoy you, say bad words to you, or even hit you the first time you probably go away to another place, inform all your friends about that incident but won't go to police. But if that guy, or other guys continue to annoy you each time you are out, then you will go to police and will probably go that guys to court.

Same in gaming. Until now, we see a cheater that annoy us and we leave the server.. But this thing can't continue any more. We can't just change server each time someone comes to annoy our game-our entairtainment.Those people that annoy the gamers by force (using aimbots/hacks and spoil the games) should be punished - in real life.

Gamers community MUST DEMAND from politics to make LAWS against cheaters, which actually spoil the fun and entairtainment of other people. By spotting an enemy you doesn't kill him, the same way PB etc doesn't stop those from making new accounts or hacks.

From the time-moment that gaming affect millions of people, and some bad guys destroy the fun of those people, we need to demand laws. Some kind of international GameProtect-Police.

The only way to stop someone stealing your, or kicking you is to send him to jail, not just asking (without hope) for help, trying to cover yourself, or running away... Game is part of our real life, and if someone mess with it he should be punished in real!.....

Or else we just time wasting....

Thus the question is. Can actually PB and in general anti-cheat communities, remove cheaters from gamers-servers, and thus protect gamers from cheaters? .. The answer is NO. PB and anti-cheat communities can only actually spot the cheaters and inform the others. Nothing more practical.

I don't know where you got your information from! But you're very wrong. I have had a server unstreamed for about 4 months. I bitched and whined about cheaters and the fact PunkBuster do nothing to help us to ban hackers with more effective methods. I was told by PBBans admins and staff to set my server up to stream; to keep known hackers and cheaters off my server by using their enforced bans feature. I've since had a clean server for a long time now! And thanks to PBB for there efforts to combat these cheaters with their own enforced methods.

Do your self a favour and ask admins how streaming works and why you should stream here? Ask how it benefits your server? If a cheater whom is on the PBB MBI for cheating and if he/she tries to join your server. He'll be blocked and denied access.

So to say:

Can actually PB and in general anti-cheat communities, remove cheaters from gamers-servers, and thus protect gamers from cheaters? .. The answer is NO. PB and anti-cheat communities can only actually spot the cheaters and inform the others. Nothing more practical.

Your very wrong. Ask for advice my friend, rather than ranting about a system you may-not seem to fully understand how it works. :)

I don't know where you got your information from! But you're very wrong. I have had a server unstreamed for about 4 months. I bitched and whined about cheaters and the fact PunkBuster do nothing to help us to ban hackers with more effective methods. I was told by PBBans admins and staff to set my server up to stream; to keep known hackers and cheaters off my server by using their enforced bans feature. I've since had a clean server for a long time now! And thanks to PBB for there efforts to combat these cheaters with their own enforced methods.

Do your self a favour and ask admins how streaming works and why you should stream here? Ask how it benefits your server? If a cheater whom is on the PBB MBI for cheating and if he/she tries to join your server. He'll be blocked and denied access.

So to say:

Your very wrong. Ask for advice my friend, rather than ranting about a system you may-not seem to fully understand how it works. :)

A. Yeap.. I agree.. But tell me. How many server streams to the advanced system of PB correctly? And how can a player like me know it before enter a server, that it is 100% secure from cheaters?

B. Take an example. We are in a town, where we have stores and a group of thieves enters and robber us each nights. There are two solutions to stop that situation:

1. Make laws, and when such a thieve is cathed to go to jail.

2. Add each time more and more enforced protection, making each one that want to open a store to have to learn a lot of stuff of protection. That protection can have impact on the way of life (-gameplay in games) as slower times of opening and closing stores (-more lag).

In my opinion 1rst method would be enough to stop that situation - and the best. The 2nd method just lets a "war" between cheaters and anti-cheaters to continue for ever...

Thus what is the solution to actually protect gamers from cheaters? .. LAWS! .. Anti-cheat communities have to push global organizations (in EU, USA, etc) to make laws against cheaters. If an official anti-cheat community (PB i.e.) catch a hacker/cheater etc playing in official servers cheating over other real players, that cheater should be go to court, to face with 1-2 years in jail.

[OMG mode]Did laws ever stop people from doing anything. :blink: What's on second offence? 10 to life? Hell laws did a good job preventing people from doing things. Take a look at american jails. That's what you are saying with LAW ! It doesn't help shit against criminality. Let's put the next group (some couple of 10.000 online gamers) in there too. Really solves problems.[/OMG mode]

Never seen such a stupid idea.

There are 5,193 streaming out of a total of 5,862 servers. I'd say you should join a clan! Look out for |PBBHub| and a greeting to you. Most streaming servers have greetings enabled. That's one way of known your on a streaming server. Also, check the good servers websites out. They will most likely have a link or banner on there site to say they stream to PBB or another AC sites/service...

PBB streaming servers are the servers you should play on. PBBans uses enforced bans on players whom were caught cheating and whom are on our MBI, (Master Ban Index.) These cheaters cant join a streaming server. This makes your game play much more enjoyable. And FYI, streaming does not cause lag.

So my advice is; if your a player? Then join a clan that streams to Anti-Cheat Community's such as this one. If your a server admin? Then request help to set you up with streaming. There's no point in whining about a service you know nothing about how it actually works. Take the time to ask questions before making judgemental assumptions.

The war against cheaters will never end. It will always be us against them in a battle for fair play. What would you prefer us to do? Nothing?

Edited by MHS

[OMG mode]Did laws ever stop people from doing anything. :blink: What's on second offence? 10 to life? Hell laws did a good job preventing people from doing things. Take a look at american jails. That's what you are saying with LAW ! It doesn't help shit against criminality. Let's put the next group (some couple of 10.000 online gamers) in there too. Really solves problems.[/OMG mode]

Never seen such a stupid idea.

If you put 3 or 4 cheaters in, or 10 or 20 then all will stop.. It's other thing to face just your ban account ($20$), and other thing to face 1-2 years, or 2000$ money guarantee not to go. The risk of trying to cheat will become unaffordable for the cheaters, thus we will have a dramatical decrease of on-line game cheaters.

The fear of jail or high money forfeit, will reduce on-line gaming criminality in huge degrees... It has a logic.

If you put 3 or 4 cheaters in, or 10 or 20 then all will stop.. It's other thing to face just your ban account ($20$), and other thing to face 1-2 years, or 2000$ money guarantee not to go. The risk of trying to cheat will become unaffordable for the cheaters, thus we will have a dramatical decrease of on-line game cheaters.

The fear of jail or high money forfeit, will reduce on-line gaming criminality in huge degrees... It has a logic.

Putting people in already filled jails with real criminals for cheating at online games is really not the answer. Athletes who are convicted of doping are banned from competing, in essence that is what PB does to. They are not slung in jail.

There are 5,193 streaming out of a total of 5,862 servers. I'd say you should join a clan! Look out for |PBBHub| and a greeting to you. Most streaming servers have greetings enabled. That's one way of known your on a streaming server. Also, check the good servers websites out. They will most likely have a link or banner on there site to say they stream to PBB or another AC sites/service...

PBB streaming servers are the servers you should play on. PBBans uses enforced bans on players whom were caught cheating and whom are on our MBI, (Master Ban Index.) These cheaters cant join a streaming server. This makes your game play much more enjoyable. And FYI, streaming does not cause lag.

So my advice is; if your a player? Then join a clan that streams to Anti-Cheat Community's such as this one. If your a server admin? Then request help to set you up with streaming. There's no point in whining about a service you know nothing about how it actually works. Take the time to ask questions before making judgemental assumptions.

The war against cheaters will never end. It will always be us against them in a battle for fair play. What would you prefer us to do? Nothing?

There are 5,193 streaming out of a total of 5,862 servers.??? ... Thus you cover about the 89% of servers. Hm.. It makes sense then according to how rarely I find aimboters/cheaters.... Ok.

Well, I make judgemental assumptions to take answers that I don't know how to question them. From what I got for now is:

A. Servers connected to PBBans are 100% secure and are the 89% of online servers.

B. There exist a list that anyone can search for those servers (MSI list).

Well.. For any player that had no idea about those, the only fact that he has is that he has ON the "PunkBuster" in his searchs and still he see cheaters in --- this gives a wrong impression on how good PB works. If your do such an excellent work as you say (and I believe it) you have to do something thus to inform people that the PB-on option in game doesn't actually mean secure playing. Secure playing is only achieved when servers stream to you. How can a simple person think of that alone?

Thus, if you claim that your system is secure from cheaters, then I think that all players would like an options like : "PBBans-Streaming On/Off" at servers lists at our games, and not the "PunkBuster on/off" option which is actually useless!.. And there is no need for laws, as far as you can provide such security and you can "advert" it to single players. If you could ask something like this from game developers it would be nice. We want an option that will ensure that the server is secure, and not an option that will only say to us that the server runs a simple anti-cheat soft.

The figures mean:

- 5, 862 servers are added to the PBBans.com system

- 5, 193 of those servers are correctly configured for streaming

Note that PBBans do not guarantee to keep your servers totally free from cheaters, although our checks do go a long way to catch cheats which are natively undetected by PunkBuster.

Well.. For any player that had no idea about those, the only fact that he has is that he has ON the "PunkBuster" in his searchs and still he see cheaters in --- this gives a wrong impression on how good PB works. If your do such an excellent work as you say (and I believe it) you have to do something thus to inform people that the PB-on option in game doesn't actually mean secure playing. Secure playing is only achieved when servers stream to you. How can a simple person think of that alone?

That's why players join clans. And it helps to join a clan that has knowledgeable admins running it. If they are knowledgeable admins, they'd look into "Game Server Security & Protection Against Cheaters". And stream here.

Join a clan that streams to few Anti-Cheat Community's. Happy gaming!

MHS

Edited by MHS

The figures mean:

- 5, 862 servers are added to the PBBans.com system

- 5, 193 of those servers are correctly configured for streaming

Note that PBBans do not guarantee to keep your servers totally free from cheaters, although our checks do go a long way to catch cheats which are natively undetected by PunkBuster.

"Note that PBBans do not guarantee to keep your servers totally free from cheaters".. After a topic in BF2142 forum yeap.. All agree that PBBans doesn't offer 100% secure play. But it help a bit more... Thus we are again in start...... Only by joining in clans we can succeed something, but this limit our games to specific servers, and it doesn't either guarantees 100% clean play... anyway... thus I dont disagree with some people that say: "if on-line games are "ruined" by someones and no-one can do anything, then why not to ruin them too a bit? for our fun until we bored - re-buy the game and try new things, till we bored or catch......"... They have a logical point, specially those that want to play it as "hackers" ;P ...

You've got issues mate. Why in gods name would you want to become a hacker? All because they hack, you think its only fair to cheat too? Your as low as a cheater in my eyes. And I know I speak for the majority of people here on PBBans too.

And why you constantly keep researching how insecure Punk Buster is?

And why you continue to try and make out streaming is useless?

And TBH, it seems like your trying to get up peoples ares. What's your problem with streaming servers?

PBBans is not the only (Anti-Cheat) community. And if a server is streaming to all AC providers available. Then the more secure the servers are. So stop your whining and negativity and put your research to some 'practical' use. Now go research for a clan that streams a BF2142 server to at least 4 AC community's. Then you will have fair play!

Have a nice day.

Edited by MHS

"Note that PBBans do not guarantee to keep your servers totally free from cheaters".. After a topic in BF2142 forum yeap.. All agree that PBBans doesn't offer 100% secure play. But it help a bit more... Thus we are again in start...... Only by joining in clans we can succeed something, but this limit our games to specific servers, and it doesn't either guarantees 100% clean play... anyway... thus I dont disagree with some people that say: "if on-line games are "ruined" by someones and no-one can do anything, then why not to ruin them too a bit? for our fun until we bored - re-buy the game and try new things, till we bored or catch......"... They have a logical point, specially those that want to play it as "hackers" ;P ...

We don't get bored we get busy catching. See you on the banlist soon.

"if on-line games are "ruined" by someones and no-one can do anything, then why not to ruin them too a bit? for our fun until we bored - re-buy the game and try new things, till we bored or catch......"... They have a logical point, specially those that want to play it as "hackers" ;P ...

Your way of thinking suggests that if cheaters ruin your game, why not ruin their game by becoming one yourself, what about the innocent gamers? If we all had that kind of logic then PBBans would be inundated with cheaters every second or so, thankfully not everyone thinks like you do, some of us do like clean cheat-free servers!

Granted, PB is not perfect but without it and without A/C sites like this you'd be headshot through walls all day no matter where you played.

Uh oh, I'm smelling some restrictions coming soon, or even some purple ones with striketroughs maybe :P

+1 :ban:

Sounds like your fishing for info to see if you can get away with anything. or am i reading in between the lines a bit to much here ?.

Nop, I was looking at him close. And I feel the same! Why not kick a wana be supporter of the hacking community of this fantastic site. And as Sufy said. As I will now, (Look forward to seeing you on the Master Ban List soon young man.)

Edited by MHS

Unfortunately only a few server are in PBBans. Checking in MSI some servers, noone was found!

Isn't possible to make MSI show the supported servers in alpabetic order or something?...

"Why in gods name would you want to become a hacker?..."

Personally I don't want. But sometimes this pass from my mind, when I feel that someone cheat on me. Why not to cheat also me, in order to make the game "fair" for both of us?.. To just make the game lock only the specific player and each time I see him to blow his head off with aimbot - just to make him taste the feeling.

Still in common cheat-sites (that I am curious why doesn't anyone shut them down - just use google and you may find the headsite sponsored!!!), I read a story on how people became cheaters!.. They were just noob players that when they couldn't succeed in some missions used cheats to overpass them. And when games went online, they started to use hacks.

Anyway... Now another point. Yesterday I was playing to a server of a friend. It was a really good game. I asked my friend if he uses PBBans streaming and he said to me he does (in all-chat). Someone then wishpered me that he (my friend) has no clue of what PBBans is.. Thus I checked in MSI of this site. Well.. The server of my friend isn't shown in list.. Still my friend think that he is PBBans-streaming!... ...I guess there are many admins that think they PBBans-streaming while they don't, or confuse it with just Punkbuster on :P

Is there any other way to understand that a server is PBBans-streaming?.. I had the impression that the only way to understand it, is the server to implicity send green letters saying it PBBans streaming. Thus servers that doesn't say ingame that they stream to PBBans, probably are not streaming.. Am I right?

I suggest you get your opinion straight.

If you choose to cheat and buy yourself a cheat program it will more easy for us to actually tell you how this works, as you will for sure get caught. Thing is, all cheats/ cheaters get caught in the end, it is all about detecting them sooner or later.

Now, that was suggestion #1, here is #2: Instead of complaining on how our systems works you should get yourself an server and set it up to stream, as an member you do not have access to all the features you will have as an Streaming Game Admin.

Watching your statements in this post makes me believe you at the end will go for suggestion #1, so, I guess I see you on the MBi soon enough. And, that is the sad part. Actually not getting it at all....

I suggest you get your opinion straight.

If you choose to cheat and buy yourself a cheat program it will more easy for us to actually tell you how this works, as you will for sure get caught. Thing is, all cheats/ cheaters get caught in the end, it is all about detecting them sooner or later.

Now, that was suggestion #1, here is #2: Instead of complaining on how our systems works you should get yourself an server and set it up to stream, as an member you do not have access to all the features you will have as an Streaming Game Admin.

Watching your statements in this post makes me believe you at the end will go for suggestion #1, so, I guess I see you on the MBi soon enough. And, that is the sad part. Actually not getting it at all....

:P ... I have so many other things to do in my life and so many obligations that at least for 2 years, #1 won't happen! - Unless I win the lottery or something and I want to spend somewhere a lot of money! lol :D .. I just play for fun when I can, and I hate those that spoil that fun...

I don't really care to make a server... There is no meaning.. There are a lot of servers, and no reason to make one more... Still when I can I try to forward PBBans to anyone that don't know it..... that's all! :)

Trying to send people to court for cheating in this already horrible economy will just make it worse. It will not stop cheaters. IDTheft and Fraud is illegal yet many people are still doing it. It will not solve anything.

Second most cheaters are kids that get bored with a game or like to get a rise out of people. You think judges are going to send 13 year olds to prison for cheating in a game? I HIGHLY doubt it!

:P ... I have so many other things to do in my life and so many obligations that at least for 2 years, #1 won't happen! - Unless I win the lottery or something and I want to spend somewhere a lot of money! lol :D .. I just play for fun when I can, and I hate those that spoil that fun...

I don't really care to make a server... There is no meaning.. There are a lot of servers, and no reason to make one more... Still when I can I try to forward PBBans to anyone that don't know it..... that's all! :)

Then, your post in the first place make no sense, as no one can take you seriously on anything, as said, you just don't make any sense.

Besides making useless posts about, nothing, when it all boils down to what you have to..... say.....