Hub Downtime

siskin

like i said $600 for two HDD, my 3 Sata HDD cost only $250 2x 500 GB n 1x250GB ur been ripped off tbh n i reckon you should order better servers for less from elsewhere because it sounds to me someone got the wool over your eyes. You even admitted to skimping on SCSI HDD's and stayin SATA so i cant see why you paid $600 :( when you can pay like $350 for a perfectly good quad core server with 4GB DDRII RAM and 250GB HDD with a fair amount of bandwidth (Unmetered or 2000GB PCM: Fair Usage Policy Applies.) so whose the numnuts that cant calculate?? I wanna help but i wont do anything till someone stops wasting public (Donation) money.

Did you really just say this?

No offense mate, but I really think you should "know" what you are talking about before you start telling these guys what they should or should not do. They have made it this far so that tells me that they clearly know wtf they are doing. Sit back, relax and give these guys time to fix the issues. We should all be thankful for the free service that they offer. I for one would pay a monthly fee if they so asked.

350 bucks for a server never! Maybe 350 for a quad core e-machine you would never get a server for that price.

I also agree that if it was needed our clan would pay for the service PBBans provide,

Without you guys online games would be hell, keep up the great work and lets do the best we can to keep these cheating players off our servers.

PBBans all the way !

Sorry for the delay.....the host had a few more issues to sort out.....to include hollering at us for more $$$$ for the liability waiver and installation fees.

They are working on the servers right now and depending upon how long that takes....MaydaX may get a chance to finish them up tonight. If not, it will be tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the delay.....the host had a few more issues to sort out.....to include hollering at us for more $$$$ for the liability waiver and installation fees.

They are working on the servers right now and depending upon how long that takes....MaydaX may get a chance to finish them up tonight. If not, it will be tomorrow morning.

Good to hear, thanks Bob.

Do you think we just bought cheap home PC drives? No we bought a 300GB raptor and a 1TB Enterprise HDD for storage. Plus we had to overnight them. Running a server isn't as cheap as upgrading your home PC.

If everyone feels the same way fine, don't donate and we will eventually run out of cash (Not anytime soon mind you) and go belly up. I don't get paid for my work at PBBans and my life outside of PBBans is not as free as it once was so PBBans is not on the top of my to-do list anymore. I don't have to be here but as long as there is a demand and I have the time I will be here.

No just querying cos i run my own server company on a co location with alpha-networks i run Intel Q6600 - Quad Core

Intel Quad Core Machines Specs Below:

Intel Quad Core 4 x 2.4Ghz 8MB L2 Cache

32 and 64bit OS's

Ram 4096MB (PC6400 - DDR2)

Disk 400GB (SATA2, 7200 RPM, 16MB Cache)

Bandwith 6MB/s (2000 GB PCM) (100MB/S XFER)

Price

Edited by MaydaX

like i said $600 for two HDD, my 3 Sata HDD cost only $250 2x 500 GB n 1x250GB ur been ripped off tbh n i reckon you should order better servers for less from elsewhere because it sounds to me someone got the wool over your eyes. You even admitted to skimping on SCSI HDD's and stayin SATA so i cant see why you paid $600 :( when you can pay like $350 for a perfectly good quad core server with 4GB DDRII RAM and 250GB HDD with a fair amount of bandwidth (Unmetered or 2000GB PCM: Fair Usage Policy Applies.) so whose the numnuts that cant calculate?? I wanna help but i wont do anything till someone stops wasting public (Donation) money.

This post is rude. It questions the integrity of the staff here and their decisions. It makes me angry to see shit like this.

The staff here are some of the most hard working people you will ever meet. They work here for free, take the heat from their families for the time they dedicate here for a service that is priceless.

That in itself is worth a donation regardless of who paid what for hardware and what is being used. You can't predict a hardware failure.

We don't rent our server hardware. The $600 is a one time cost to replace hardware in a server we own. We pay a monthly fee for bandwidth and hosting for all 3 of our servers.

Our DB server is a V8 Xeon (8 Cores) with 16GB of RAM, Hub Server is a Quad Core Xeon with 8GB of ram. So the hardware we have would cost a lot more if we rented it.

Plus we are co-located in the USA.

Those fast SATA drivers are as good as SCSI but not so expensive.

Did you get 2 HDs, for mirroring/backup purposes?

Sadly I can't send any donations.

Hope it all get sorted out as soon as possible and PBBans keep up the good work!

I would like to personally thank you all for your patience in this matter. To an outsider who has not seen inside this community, it would appear that downtime this severe would cause membership to take a hit - as people give up waiting and find alternatives. The amount of support you guys show us staff is heartwarming and to be honest it is what keeps me going here - no matter what happens and no matter how much e-drama decides to surface. Thanks a lot for your support guys. Knowing that we provide a good service to you is all the payment I need. :)

Primary HDD O/S installed.....secondary HDD mounted and data being copied.....

Server still offline (on tech support workbench)....hopefully will be online very soon.

To all whiners out there ---> it's not like your paying for PBBans service.. geeezz..

hope this issue will be resolved soon

btw, great job to the PBBans Admin & Staff.. keep it up.

50.00 donation made on behalf of the XcF Clan. Was wondering why the hub was down. Some say there are times when I wonder around in a daze, but I'm awake now... :rolleyes: ... You guys Rock!!! hope you get it going soon and everything works out.

Thanks everyone for the donations This took a hit on our normal budget and as always you folks rise to the occasion and offer to help. We are still a bit in the Red.

Hub should be back online in the morning.

The Host has finished installing both drives, the O/S, and is finalizing the copying of the data from the old hard drives.

Thanks everyone for the donations This took a hit on our normal budget and as always you folks rise to the occasion and offer to help. We are still a bit in the Red.

Hub should be back online in the morning.

The Host has finished installing both drives, the O/S, and is finalizing the copying of the data from the old hard drives.

Great work guys, sorry I cant donate this month, but I have been out of work for a while now :(

@ =DB=Snake. :o Your one arrogant 17 year old cock if you don`t mind me saying so :angry:

To all the members of PBBans...thanks for the hard work and dedication...

$50.00 coming your way from the =FaRT= clan...well worth it! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Mike G>

Chief Financial Officer, =FaRT= Clan

No just querying cos i run my own server company on a co location with alpha-networks i run Intel Q6600 - Quad Core

Intel Quad Core Machines Specs Below:

Intel Quad Core 4 x 2.4Ghz 8MB L2 Cache

32 and 64bit OS's

Ram 4096MB (PC6400 - DDR2)

Disk 400GB (SATA2, 7200 RPM, 16MB Cache)

Bandwith 6MB/s (2000 GB PCM) (100MB/S XFER)

Price

Edited by EvilJohn

You all here provide one kickass service for us all and I wouldn't switch to another anticheat site even if someone paid me.

PBBANS RAWKS!!

And yeah those who question what you guys do need to simply shove it. Have a nice day!

I want to add my thanks to all who have donated as well. You guys and gals are the ones who make PBBans what it is, and make our time as staff worth every second. If I were to sum it up very briefly, being staff at PBBans, regardless of what capacity, has been and is a very worth-while thing to devote a portion of my time to every day.

As others have stated, this isn't a paid job. We put a portion of our spare time into it, as we can. The donations cover the cost of such hardware issues, as well as other operating costs involved, and it's always amazed me as to how willing you all are to step up in a time of need. Thanks again. :)