Battlefield 3

MaydaX

if you have to have unlocks, at least make it where the game is playable without them

i mean you can't pilot until you put points in it and you are a huge blimp with crosshairs on your sides until you unlock stuff

if you have to have unlocks, at least make it where the game is playable without them

i mean you can't pilot until you put points in it and you are a huge blimp with crosshairs on your sides until you unlock stuff

I said that from day 1.

However, we have done some additional changes to the PC game server operation since that list was compiled. Here is the completed section:

Fixes - PC Server operation

- Having the same map occur multiple times in the maplist now works properly

- If adding a new map to the servers maplist after a clear and then running "mapList.runNextRound" the server will ignore any remaining rounds on the map that it still run since before the clear and move to the new first map in the list. The server will now have reset the current rounds per map and run the map in the list for the number of rounds stated when adding the map.

- Maplist can contain up to 1000 entries now

- mapList.list will return at most 100 entries. To get the entire list, perform mapList.list repeatedly with increasing offsets (like banList.list)

- The locked-in-place warm-up has been replaced by a warm-up where players can move around, shoot, and take objectives; scoring is disabled during warm-up

- The Conquest Assault layouts on Back to Karkand maps have had the gamemode names changed to reflect that Conquest Assault is a gamemode in its own right

- vars.serverDescription is documented (it shows a string on a server’s detail page on Battlelog)

- vars.roundLockdownCountdown can be used to control the pre-round timer

The renamed Conquest Assault modes will cause initial confusion. The 3rd party admin tools don't know about this change yet, and existing Maplist.txt configurations contain the old names, so this is something that server administrators need to be wary of. It is a one-time change though, and it's worth it in the long run.

The latest server docs are available here: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2/tmp/BF3_PC_Server_R20_926998_Docs_ServerAdministrator_v2.zip

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489667700923/

^ It gets even better. So much for adding missing functionality for server renters/admins:

Kalms

Future of the BF3 RCON API

Hi all,

you probably noticed that I went silent for over a month. Also, there were no server updates during that time. This was because I've been travelling and after that focusing more on internal stuff here at DICE.

Given how things work at DICE, I predict that we will not do much further development on the RCON interface. A lot of the development has been done ad-hoc by me and some of my colleagues, and that model is not sustainable from here on.

So what you have in Server R20 is pretty much what will be. We may still do the odd feature / bugfix, but we'll pick very carefully when choosing what to do.

I will still stop by the forum from time to time, but will not be as active.

Oh, and I'd like to say thank you to everyone here who has been contributing thoughts, requests and bug reports. It's been a lot of fun working with you

they pulled the plug on on development and are focusing on milking the dead horse

Yepper. This line says all one needs to hear:

"A lot of the development has been done ad-hoc by me and some of my colleagues, and that model is not sustainable from here on."

PS... WHo edited post #903 w/out the courtesy of posting a reason?

Edited by buttscratcher

New to the game? Get a flying start with our new shortcut items

Today, we are also offering 10 different shortcut items for sale for Battlefield 3 on PC. If you’re new to the game, this is the perfect way to gain some ground on the veterans online. Or if you’d love to get your hands on those AA missiles for jets instantly, this is for you.

The 10 shortcut items are available now from Origin and include:

Kit Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items unique to the four playable classes

Vehicle Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items for all vehicles

The Ultimate Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items from all other available shortcut packs

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/beep-beep-battlefield-3-update-goes-live-on-pc-tomorrow-improved-commo-rose-and-minimap-lots-of-fixes-and-new-shortcut-items-live/

Made it to PC aswell.

Edited by Twiebie

PS... WHo edited post #903 w/out the courtesy of posting a reason?

I did but it never said I did. :ninja:

Just took out the external smile images and put it in a quote box.

MaydayX - are you doing some ninja style forum attacks? :brownbag:

What do you meen about water being a killer LtMatt?

Jumping in the water at seine crossing @ C to avoid a tank will kill you.

Yep. Once the remaining lemmings buy up the upgrade kit unlocks, expect to see the price begin to head for the 'buy one get one free' sales. They've milked it for about all they're going to get ( I predect woeful dlc sales)

Pretty disapointing for this DICE fan... But, not really when I think about it, after how we were treated w/ Bc2. Guess as a loyal gamer, I wanted to give them the chance to rebound strongly. It really stinks. Guess we'll muddle along w/ it till someone makes a CoD title worth the asking price. Maybe w/ the new studio, the new MoH will have the features PC gamers have come to expect. But not going to hold my breath there either.

• Upvote 2

I just wont buy the unlocks, nor do I care about that part of the game generally. I actually only tend to use one weapon and no scope. I also don't care much for the whining in gaming these days. EA might've dropped the ball on some things but gamers are turning into miserable whiney kids who affect my enjoyment of multiplayers far more then any bugged, nerfed, over powered weapons (blah blah) in a game.

• Upvote 2

I would never buy the unlocks. Part of the fun is using stuff to unlock other stuff. If it all was unlocked at the start i probably would have lost interest a long time ago. I think of it as something to work towards, when you reach that its onto the next thing. This adds vital longevity to a game for me.

I know this is not how everyone here sees it, so each to his own and all that i say.

Edited by LtMatt

Pay for unlocks? Forget that nonsense lol. They even "nerfed" the battle reports. They don't show the scores of all the players anymore. 'sigh'

Edited by Sorryboutthat

EA might've dropped the ball on some things but gamers are turning into miserable whiney kids who affect my enjoyment of multiplayers far more then any bugged, nerfed, over powered weapons (blah blah) in a game.

On the flip side of your coin, if developers would release products when they are ready, instead of meeting artificial deadlines, people may not feel as justified in expressing their disapointment in their purchace.

Then look at the 20%-30% bump in price per unit we are paying, for buggy, reduced feature and reduced server control, (see EA's dedicated server "tax"). There should be no confusion as to the genuine anger directed at a particular company, many of us have supported financially for quite some time.

I get your point of view. I am just sayin theres nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

:)

• Upvote 2

So why did DICE do vehicle unlocks? Back in the original series, everybody had the same stuff and vehicles were pretty balanced and you relied more on skill to defeat the other person. Now you can practically jump in a tank with reactive armor, guided shell, and zoom optics and kill most tanks that come your way (This is my setup and I practically can kill 90% of vehicles easily it's laughable)

On the flip side of your coin, if developers would release products when they are ready, instead of meeting artificial deadlines, people may not feel as justified in expressing their disapointment in their purchace.

Then look at the 20%-30% bump in price per unit we are paying, for buggy, reduced feature and reduced server control, (see EA's dedicated server "tax"). There should be no confusion as to the genuine anger directed at a particular company, many of us have supported financially for quite some time.

I get your point of view. I am just sayin theres nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

:)

I also get your point of view but some people just complain for sake of it, like its a new form of breathing or something. legitimate stuff fine go ahead but you'll have to agree with me that the majority of complainers don't even remember what they're bitching about and are just following the herd.

@ no nick, vehicle unlocks for Bf3 was always a big balls up imo. I was looking fwd to getting back into tv missile action but then you had to do this and that to unlock them, so I simply didn't.

• Upvote 1

...I was looking fwd to getting back into tv missile action but then you had to do this and that to unlock them, so I simply didn't.

Well surfy, heard about some shortcuts EA is offering now... :P

Besides i guess that´s just the first decision of the new anti-cheat team at DICE:

"Why don´t we just offer a significant advantage for money ourselves?!" ;)

Edited by wraahhm
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile in modern warfare 3

Funny vids and the music is so damn catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJ5gKcsDQc

Sorry to make a double post but it appears im only allowed to post one video url per post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1pqHog5D2U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUW1-8Btr78

The third vid.

Maydax, you seem to have good info on actual gamers online at a given time per game.

Is there anything showing b3 player count over the past month? 3 months?

Only one I know of is

http://www.gamestat.co.uk/

And for the last few days

http://battletracker.com/index.php?page=BF3Serverlist (bottom of the page)

Noticed this on EA UK about people dropping their servers come the end of April.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1476475-both-my-servers-going-offline-next-month.html

• Upvote 1