Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Wonder how many people would pay $110 for a game. Cause that's basically what it is now.

More and more like pay to win. Hell that's what cheaters do lol.

• Upvote 1

"vars.premiumStatus true" equals this:

premium_filter.png

Also viewing the bf3.exe with a text editor shows:

customRules premium xpack7 xpack6 xpack5 xpack4 xpack3 xpack2

I'd say after they get $49 from a bunch of people, they'll probably give out the maps for free like they did for patch 1.50 (BF2)

I'd agree here, but just remember that took how long. I wouldn't expect these being free anytime soon, however a nice discount. That's something we'll probably see

"vars.premiumStatus true" equals this:

premium_filter.png

I guess this is EA's fix to prevent players from being disconnected from servers that run a map they don't have - don't let them join in the first place...

Edited by Twiebie

Wonder how many people would pay $110 for a game. Cause that's basically what it is now.

More and more like pay to win. Hell that's what cheaters do lol.

what are you yapping about? How many people bought BF2, then BF2: Special Forces, then BF Euro Force, then BF Armored Fury.

If the content is up to snuff, I say keep it coming. I don't expect to work for free, and I don't expect DICE to either

Edited by Crotan

Armored Kill looks like it might have not-so-terrible maps. Pretty sad bout the only good maps were the B2K, which were basically already made for them and even then they messed some of them up.

what are you yapping about? How many people bought BF2, then BF2: Special Forces, then BF Euro Force, then BF Armored Fury.

If the content is up to snuff, I say keep it coming. I don't expect to work for free, and I don't expect DICE to either

That's the point. The content for BF3 is not up-to-snuff from what I read in lots of forums. There are still major issues with BF3 and should still be a :beta:.

At least BF2 worked out good. -_-

• Upvote 1

That's the point. The content for BF3 is not up-to-snuff from what I read in lots of forums. There are still major issues with BF3 and should still be a :beta:.

At least BF2 worked out good. -_-

Yea, bought all the expansions for BF2... What did I get, well some gaming but what I cannot forgive is later they gave everything away for free while those of us that followed and kept getting the next expansions got screwed. At least Tripwire gave us money off the next version of Red Orchestra and they support their community. As a matter of fact, I still play the original version especially with custom content from the community. I have every BF game made but wont be going down this road. :lol-risa-226:

Yea, bought all the expansions for BF2... What did I get, well some gaming but what I cannot forgive is later they gave everything away for free while those of us that followed and kept getting the next expansions got screwed. At least Tripwire gave us money off the next version of Red Orchestra and they support their community. As a matter of fact, I still play the original version especially with custom content from the community. I have every BF game made but wont be going down this road. :lol-risa-226:

Damned if they do damned if they don't. For every person that hated them for giving it away for free there was someone else that loved them for doing the same

Pretty pleased with premium/the patch so far. Suppression has been reduced slightly (it was fine how it was imo), server que's are bugged as myself and a few others reported to dice when we were testing the R24 beta build a week or two back. Shame they didnt fix it in time, still its no biggie at the moment. Just have to wait until a space frees up.

I agree with everyone about the que priority idea, its a stupid one but as an owner of premium meh what can ya do? :P

Premium might just be a blessing is disguise, seeing bucket loads of traffic and activity since premium went live. Looks like the player base has gotten a big boost from this which im delighted about. £40 is expensive but for how much time myself and my friends play this game we are more than happy to pay for new maps,weapons, vehicles and all the rest which will keep the game active and attract new users.

EDIT

News just in from an unknown source only known as Derpina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysv7UJq4gmE

Edited by LtMatt

I recall many posts about missing features that were in BF2. So the core game really isn't up to "snuff". No VOIP, no spectator mode, no battle recorder, no commander, no 6 person squads, no mod tools / map editor, unranked server files, more smaller "cod" type maps, etc etc. Can't count how many posts I've seen about server crashes or EA online disconnected messages over the last 7 months. My point is DLC would be worth it if the core game was really solid but it's not (Least for me).

And to top it off they are now aiding cheaters by allowing them to reset their K/D ratios etc so they can hide. Not that we use that data here at PBBans but I'm sure many admins do.

• Upvote 3

Premium might just be a blessing is disguise, seeing bucket loads of traffic and activity since premium went live. Looks like the player base has gotten a big boost from this which im delighted about. £40 is expensive but for how much time myself and my friends play this game we are more than happy to pay for new maps,weapons, vehicles and all the rest which will keep the game active and attract new users.

This enthusiasm usually lasts about a week before the bitching and whining commences. Seen it before with additional maps on BC2, great for a week or so then everyone was bored or couldn't stand some of the new maps so they disappeared off server lists and those were not dlc!

I am a battlefield gamer and fan but even I draw the line at continuously splitting the community with constant pay for dlc's. If you like premium and wanted to get all the dlc anyways then I guess fair enough but if it continues to be successfully received, you'll be paying subs per month along with server rental fees in games to come. At that time for me it will be GAME OVER.

• Upvote 2

This enthusiasm usually lasts about a week before the bitching and whining commences. Seen it before with additional maps on BC2, great for a week or so then everyone was bored or couldn't stand some of the new maps so they disappeared off server lists and those were not dlc!

I am a battlefield gamer and fan but even I draw the line at continuously splitting the community with constant pay for dlc's. If you like premium and wanted to get all the dlc anyways then I guess fair enough but if it continues to be successfully received, you'll be paying subs per month along with server rental fees in games to come. At that time for me it will be GAME OVER.

Yeah i dont like the sound of a monthly service but as long as the DLC offers good new maps, weapons and vehicles ill buy it as long as its not too expensive. Considering the amount of maps, vehicles and weapons added i think £40 is expensive but worth it. The game cost me £40 when i bought it and came with 9 maps+b2k, but b2k didnt unlock until three months after release.

The other features of premium are nice but nothing to wet your pants about. The weapon cammo is a nice touch and each class now has two new clothes cammo's.

Edited by LtMatt

I recall many posts about missing features that were in BF2. So the core game really isn't up to "snuff". No VOIP, no spectator mode, no battle recorder, no commander, no 6 person squads, no mod tools / map editor, unranked server files, more smaller "cod" type maps, etc etc. Can't count how many posts I've seen about server crashes or EA online disconnected messages over the last 7 months. My point is DLC would be worth it if the core game was really solid but it's not (Least for me).

And to top it off they are now aiding cheaters by allowing them to reset their K/D ratios etc so they can hide. Not that we use that data here at PBBans but I'm sure many admins do.

well said.

As long as that cash cow keeps yielding money, EA/DICE will continue to milk it.

The only surprising thing I have read over the last few weeks is that EA/DICE have a QA department :P

• Upvote 6

As long as that cash cow keeps yielding money, EA/DICE will continue to milk it.

The only surprising thing I have read over the last few weeks is that EA/DICE have a QA department :P

What 2 people watchin tv in a back room somewhere......

I purchased premium. I intended to buy all the DLCs as they came out anyway - so it made sense in terms of price.

The one thing I am not happy about is the priority queue thing. It makes me feel like a proper dick and there is no way to turn the thing off.

• Upvote 3

The one thing I am not happy about is the priority queue thing. It makes me feel like a proper dick and there is no way to turn the thing off.

That's the #1 issue atm for why the war of premium vs non-premium / server admins is ongoing. I see the whole priority queue shit and think of people cutting in line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-cdK3eTPw4

The more I read the battlelog forums, the more I see that EA created an upper and lower class environment. Nothing but people flaming each other.

"Have you ever considered getting a job or selling some of your organs?"

"good idea, keep from being more poor"

"peasants"

"i totally agree im disgusted that the peasant filth arent kicked to make room for there superiors!"

"After paying my £40 i have to actually wait till somebody leaves the server before i can jump the que and join? surely one of these anti premium peasants should just be kicked from the game to make way for us?"

"we are the master race"

I gotta admit CoD Elite (Premium) is better than BF3 Premium for equality. It doesn't effect gameplay nor place paying customers above the non paying ones.

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included

• Upvote 1

I purchased premium. I intended to buy all the DLCs as they came out anyway - so it made sense in terms of price.

Nice to see a staff members post which doesnt include lots of moaning about bf3. :P