Battlefield 3

MaydaX

I preordered battlefield 3 for both the PC and xbox 360 so I could play with my clan and then with friends on xbox. I haven't purchased the game for PC yet because I was going to wait till I got a new computer but for me I don't know if I will buy it because of all the problems people have been having and the fact that I DON'T LIKE origin or battlelog. Call me an old school BF vet but I think that when DICE was acquired by EA in 2006, the games started to go downhill, but that's just my opinion. I just want a game where I can get atleast 1.5k+ hours of enjoyment out of, not some game where I lose interest after 250 and have to force yourself to play it because your friends want you to.

If your wondering

Battlefield 1942 + exp: 12,000+ hours

Battlefield Vietnam: 2,500+ hours

Battlefield 2 + exp: 2,200+ hours

Battlefield 2142: 1,800+ hours

BF2:MC: thought it was going to be something similar to BF2, was disappointed so I stopped after 300 hours of MP

BC1: played on a friends xbox, tried the demo, was meh

BC2 + V: 600-650 hours

Oh and if it were me, I would have told EA to **** off if I knew that I wasn't going to be able to finish a game to my standards instead of trying to rush it just so EA can beat the competition to the market cuz look how that ended. It made the CEO look like an idiot after he spent so much time saying that BF3 was going to be a COD killer. LOL, maybe in his dreams but not anytime soon.

Also, BF3 has potential and is probably the best FPS shooter out there right now but it's not better then any of the previous games.

Edited by No_Nickname

*sigh*

Working on rebalancing foregrip, heavy barrel, silencer, and flash suppressor. Less OP combos and more interesting choices is the goal.

https://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/150175736454590464

Wish they would really stop messing with the weapons in every damn patch. Should have been done in the beta and NOT the retail game.

I think BF games are the worst for weapon changes in patches. Reminds me of:

jfa0359l.jpg

So -- those of you who were discussing whether or not to close down your BF3 servers, has any of you made the decision to close them down yet? If yes, what were the primary reasons?

My clan and I will keep our BF3 server due to Dice fixing the 4 player minimum fiasco. That was an absolute deal breaker. But, you guys listened. I appreciate that. The COD makers don't. Not ever. That's why you guys make a better product than those turds do. We had 3 servers originally, but went to 1. This is not because of the game, but, we just couldn't populate more than 1.

The weapon nerfing could be done a bit less though. You guys had a fun combo of weapons when you released the game. Please encourage your fellow employees to leave well enough alone. Invr scope I agree with, and thank you for guys at Dice for squaring that thing away.

I've seen a couple of posts on this BF3 thread about lag issues etc (client side related). On the latest patch the new setting "Network Smooting" is set to FULL as default and it took me less then 30 minutes of gameplay and heavy cursing to start adjusting it - Now I have this setting to mid or less to have the game action feel more accurate. - I've stayed on MID for awhile and my game experience is pretty much ok. But yes, I still have some strange incidents going on...

Sometimes I get the crappy feeling I had on default BF2, that many of the bullits I fire "disappear" and never reach the target - that was solved by carefully Tweaking some game ini settings - GSDefaultLatencyCompensation and GSInterpolationTime - on adjusting these parameters it resulted in the game feeling more accurate and less frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
btw, while your here asking for our input, how about answering a question for me:

Why is there no pings shown in Procon? Its disgraceful that a "PC first" game does not have pings shown inside its control program, to allow for the traditional "high ping kick feature"

urm, hello?

The current BF3 rcon protocol does not provide any player ping/latency data.

Therefore neither Procon nor any other 3rd party tool can provide "ping" values.

Edited by RC-Hunter

Good question and maybe one to pose the guys @ phogue ;)

Yeah, could ask there, but seeing that Bc2 procon had pings, its obvious its not a choice from phogue.

Would rather get a public answer from the horses mouth why PC admins are getting less and less control over the servers we pay to run.

Anyone remember this? From oct 15 - 2011...

"In order to make sure admin tools are properly supported for the release of BF3, DICE have flown Phogue from his home in Aussie Land, all the way to cold chilly Sweden.

Over the next 2 weeks, while in Sweden he will be meeting and working with the DICE team, in order to move the RCON interface along to a usable state for the launch of BF3.

Phogue and the rest of the Procon team would like to put a special thanks out to Mikael Kalms for all of his efforts working with third party developers for all of DICE’s products.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

One game killer for me was "thermal imaging" & its full day light use in vehicles , realism's abound in Dice's views on reality . Oh & if it was to make the "game" more fun , I'd suggest a way of admins having the ability to shut it off .

Along with that the game isn't worth a thread on any forum , the only decent shooter out now is red orchestra 2 but accepting its issues as the community irons things out thru modding will prove trying @ the least .

• 4 weeks later...

Heres a great post on the EA uk forums, on how DICE is killing their golden goose. And in turn, slowly wiping out communities and PC gaming in general.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1469290-slow-painful-death-bf-pc-communities.html

If your registered there, give it a like. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Heres a great post on the EA uk forums, on how DICE is killing their golden goose. And in turn, slowly wiping out communities and PC gaming in general.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1469290-slow-painful-death-bf-pc-communities.html

If your registered there, give it a like. Thanks!

Indeed a good post!

There's nothing left of the good old Battlefield (BF1942, DC, BF2) feeling/gameplay.

I guess 'always quantity over quality' is EA's marketing philosophy.

I took the plunge and bought this today, seems to work OK with no PB kicks on a MP server although it was empty as I don't know the maps so just thought I'd take a quick look.

The single player I'm enjoying, all that aim assist has gone, hard mode to really get an idea what it plays like and it's a lot of fun at the moment, just got to Operation Guillotine so no idea how far that is into the game but from what I've played so far it's not bad. I would have liked a tutorial though as being thrown in at the deep end was a little overwhelming.

Edited by xX_Renegade_Xx

Tried my first few games in MP, wasn't too bad, the one map I played on was OK but the spawn points are a little suspect to say the least, I've made a post on the EA forums anyway so hopefully it will be looked at

I bought the game today and have only played 1 map so far (canals), the spawn points need looking at on that map, for example, I spawned right behind 2 enemy players and managed to get 2 kills for free, I was actually on their side of the map which I shouldn't have been.

Could you also add some spawn protection for a few seconds unless I start firing, nothing irritates me more than someone camping the spawn points.

I did ask a question there too but not had any answer yet, maybe someone here can help, how do I equip unlocked weapons and use the defibs? I'm a newb what can I say! :P

What is wrong with the connection problems with this game?

I have never had so many problems with a game as much as I've had with this one, it's getting ridiculous, disconnected from EA Online, connection to the server has been lost, etc. etc.

20-25 times a night, Kalms if you're reading this, sort your battlelog out, it needs a complete overhaul.