Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Unfortunatly, not for us. Bumped our player count to 64 after this news. Now its limited to 24 at launch... joy.

butt

has to be GSP then

When you rent a server from an RSP, you rent a certain number of slots. The RSP controls the max number of players on your server.

i would give them a ring

Unfortunatly, not for us. Bumped our player count to 64 after this news. Now its limited to 24 at launch... joy.

butt

Yeah, I got some joy too. Finally got my server to run and stream. Now it admin kicks everybody spontaneously, so we still can't play it. Oh the joy of buying a brand new game.

http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/Battlefield-3-Modern-Warfare-modern-warfare/10/25/2011/id/37569?camp=syndication&medium=portals&from=yahoo

EA CEO John Riccitiello officially declared war (okay, final one) for the umpteenth time by saying, "Battlefield 3 is designed to take that game down."

So is it doable? Can Battlefield 3 really take on Modern Warfare 3?

battlefield-3-forbes.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2011/10/28/eas-battlefield-3-launch-marred-by-server-and-service-issues/?partner=yahootix

Battlefield 3 is an amazing game, but for the past three days has tested the patience of those who bought it by failing to work. Servers have been down during peak playing hours every night, and customer service issues have almost become a meme on social media sites.

Players are also discovering nasty secrets about EA's DRM, which doesn't allow the game to even be played in single player mode much of the time when the EA server is down. This essentially makes their $60 purchase a brick for as long as EA doesn't have their act together.

I don't know about other providers but Wolfservers is a great example of servers being down (for us anyway).

All 3 were pre-ordered, none were working on Tuesday, then last night only our UK server was running...both US based servers were down from 4pm until way after midnight with no response to support tickets.

In addition, it seems that different server locations have access to different files. The UK server gave us access to ALL the PB files that we had in BC2 but the US servers were limited to only about 5 of those files.BUT neither location has a pbsvuser.cfg for uploading the md5 scans too...very annoying.

Wish they'd make up thier minds *shrugs*

I don't know about other providers but Wolfservers is a great example of servers being down (for us anyway).

All 3 were pre-ordered, none were working on Tuesday, then last night only our UK server was running...both US based servers were down from 4pm until way after midnight with no response to support tickets.

In addition, it seems that different server locations have access to different files. The UK server gave us access to ALL the PB files that we had in BC2 but the US servers were limited to only about 5 of those files.BUT neither location has a pbsvuser.cfg for uploading the md5 scans too...very annoying.

Wish they'd make up thier minds *shrugs*

We have already canceled our server with Wolfservers as it was unplayable. Even with only 5-8 players on, the lag and crashes were ridiculous. That company used to be very good until AoWC took over. Unfortunately for us, they will not refund us for what we aren't going to use.

That company used to be very good until AoWC took over. Unfortunately for us, they will not refund us for what we aren't going to use.

Cant speak to wolf, but agree w/ the AOW support and problemsolving when they do respond. We tried them for a 2142 server and it was a bad experience all the way around.

butt

Someone noticed these for BF3 in PBSetup

game_hint w bf3 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\battlefield 3\"

game_hint w bf3 "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\battlefield 3\"

It is not looking good for EA since they did this:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/324517/battlefield-3-lead-platform-switched-to-consoles-mid-development/

"We said originally that the PC was the lead SKU of the game, but in mid-production we switched to console as lead platform to make sure we could get all the versions done for release," Troedsson confirmed.

wow, DICE that was a slap in the face. No offense to the employees but your games went downhill after EA bought out DICE and that's MY opinion

Edited by No_Nickname

wow, DICE that was a slap in the face. No offense to the employees but your games went downhill after EA bought out DICE and that's MY opinion

I still remember Westwood :(

I'm just bummed that the eye candy is pretty much crap. Like I said in another forum, by the way Dice talked about this game, I figured my rig would burst into flames just on the installation alone. Gotta say it though, the graphics and textures actually blow. Really bad in most maps. Is this the most advanced video game ever made? Went and played BC2 Vietnam for comparison and found that much more satisfying graphically. Ah well, I'm just a spoiled American I guess, lol.

Battlefield 3 has been criticized by PETA:

http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/battlefield-3-criticized-by-peta-over-animal-cruelty/

PETA states that the killing of even a virtual animal could inspire young people to do such acts in real life. According to PETA, recent animal cruelty cases in Germany, where youngsters engaged in animal cruelty, were inspired by video games and movies.

Where's the theory gone that parents should teach their youngsters right and wrong? Why should it be everyone else's responsibility?

Edited by kingdii