Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Saw this posted on hypernia

Battlefield 3 will be available on ALL* dedicated servers!

With the release of Battlefield 3 we will unfortunately be forced to charge an additional administrative fee based on the amount of server installs and slot counts you wish to have on your dedicated server.

Below are the options we will be offering to all dedicated server owners:

16 Slots - $4.25/Month USD per install

24 Slots - $6.40/Month USD per install

32 Slots - $8.50/Month USD per install

48 Slots - $12.75/Month USD per install

64 Slots - $17.00/Month USD per install

:angry:

That is why I would rather have MW3. We are getting server files to host LANs and such. EA can shove it if they think that I would pay those fees.

That is why I would rather have MW3. We are getting server files to host LANs and such. EA can shove it if they think that I would pay those fees.

Oh but you can bet that others will... <_ i quit buying games for the most part. did get ro2 and have been pleased so far even if they reset stats. thats something that waw should had done when server glitch allowed player to rank using false point values. just bought portal since it was finally down a sensible price. won go on any further am pretty opinionated but todays are crap part imo.>

All the bugs and glitches aside, Caspian border is an amazing map. Looking into the sky and seeing little shimmers of jets dog fighting it up and looking across a map with real terrain, and dynamic light is pretty stunning. I'm pretty pleased with the strides they've made from BF2, is there room for improvement, absolutely, but I'm enjoying it.

Coming into the forest flag, and thinking I was at the wrong spot, because the forest had been completed leveled and the area was much brighter than I remember really strikes you. Wow this completely changed in the course of a game, is something more games should work on. Dynamic landscapes, be it urban or rolling hills is something I hope to see perfected.

As for buying a dedicated server and getting stuck with additional fees for BF3, do all game server providers do that? Because if not you have your answer right there.

Edited by Crotan

I have very little interest in BF3 anymore. The unlocks system has gone too far for my tastes. So many basics are now unlocks that totally ruins the game. An example being flares for air vehicles or smoke countermeasure for tanks. They have gotten so obsessed with unlocks it creates an unfair advantage for the people who have the time to devote to the game or cheaters. Makes me wonder why I bother fighting against cheaters.

Have to unlock the same optics over and over again makes me feel like I'm working to dig the same hole again and again. That's not fun that's an annoyance that makes me want to play something else.

I have very little interest in BF3 anymore. The unlocks system has gone too far for my tastes. So many basics are now unlocks that totally ruins the game. An example being flares for air vehicles or smoke countermeasure for tanks. They have gotten so obsessed with unlocks it creates an unfair advantage for the people who have the time to devote to the game or cheaters. Makes me wonder why I bother fighting against cheaters.

Have to unlock the same optics over and over again makes me feel like I'm working to dig the same hole again and again. That's not fun that's an annoyance that makes me want to play something else.

I've been jokng on our Teamspeak that when the full game is released, they'll start everyone out with sticks. First level you unlock a rock, next level you unlock a slingshot (without the band). Next level you unlock the band. :P

Maybe CoD isn't so dumb afterall... keep recycling the same pile of crap while the sheep keep buying it. All the while force other franchises try to copy you and end up destroying themselves in the process.

• Upvote 2

I've been jokng on our Teamspeak that when the full game is released, they'll start everyone out with sticks. First level you unlock a rock, next level you unlock a slingshot (without the band). Next level you unlock the band. :P

Maybe CoD isn't so dumb afterall... keep recycling the same pile of crap while the sheep keep buying it. All the while force other franchises try to copy you and end up destroying themselves in the process.

That sounds kind of like the Gun Game mod. :)

It got so bad (2 pilots on 1 team with flares and missles) and new pilots on the other team, they just left the planes on the ground after a while, they got tired of "take off, shot down, take off, shot down".. dont blame them... be nice to at least start of with flares...

Saw this post on EAUK about Jets having counter-measures and missiles as unlocks

Well that is the price of admission. You need to put the time in getting owned for a while before you can be one of the owners

to which I replied

And people wonder why they see more cheaters :rolleyes:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1438347-jets-unlocks.html

I've always wondered how many people start cheating because they were sick of being owned by people with unlocks they didn't have.

Your Violation Number search results in Call of Duty 4 for 89182 Search returned 8,641 bans

That's the violation number for a rank hack in CoD4.

Yeah I was told by a pubber that having the unlocks (us talking about jets) = more time which = more skill. I lol'ed and told him to eff off. It just means the guy started playing jets before me. I did manage to unlock flares before the BETA ended... amazing how my life expectancy increased :scratchchin:.

Yeah I was told by a pubber that having the unlocks (us talking about jets) = more time which = more skill. I lol'ed and told him to eff off. It just means the guy started playing jets before me.

When I read comments like that that I always think of

polls_south_park_no_life_1012_379355_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

southparkwarcraftwow.jpg

Time != Skill :)

• Upvote 1

you guys may have a point but on the opposite side of the spectrum, you guys are looking at it from the short term.

If your attention span isn't long enough to stick with a game after 3 months, maybe you should play something else eek.gif

BF2142 lasted how many years, and people still didn't have all the unlocks, same with BF2. If they make it too easy to get the unlocks quickly it kills the game in the long run. The same people that complain about this progressive unlock system are the people that complain about the gaming industry releasing the same old year on end.

I don't want a game to last 6 months, I want a game that lasts 6 years. All this early whining will simmer down when everyone has everything unlocked eventually down the road. Until then, man up and understand the nature of the game.

you guys may have a point but on the opposite side of the spectrum, you guys are looking at it from the short term.

If your attention span isn't long enough to stick with a game after 3 months, maybe you should play something else eek.gif

BF2142 lasted how many years, and people still didn't have all the unlocks, same with BF2. If they make it too easy to get the unlocks quickly it kills the game in the long run. The same people that complain about this progressive unlock system are the people that complain about the gaming industry releasing the same old year on end.

I don't want a game to last 6 months, I want a game that lasts 6 years. All this early whining will simmer down when everyone has everything unlocked eventually down the road. Until then, man up and understand the nature of the game.

Uh... no you've misread my argument. I'm fine with the gun unlocks (minus not having defibs at start). My beef is with the vehicle unlocks. You can't strip basic functions of a vehicle. There is such an imbalance with Jets I don't see how anybody can justify it. A person with all the jet unlocks can rip a person with no jet unlocks to shreds. Skill plays little to no factor when you have far superior equipment, and if you try to argue otherwise.. I'm sorry you are dead WRONG. Jets should have missiles and flares unlocked by default, them not having it is plain stupid.

Edited by Jaythegreat1
  • Upvote 1

Uh... no you've misread my argument. I'm fine with the gun unlocks (minus not having defibs at start). My beef is with the vehicle unlocks. You can't strip basic functions of a vehicle. There is such an imbalance with Jets I don't see how anybody can justify it. A person with all the jet unlocks can rip a person with no jet unlocks to shreds. Skill plays little to no factor when you have far superior equipment, and if you try to argue otherwise.. I'm sorry you are dead WRONG. Jets should have missiles and flares unlocked by default, them not having it is plain stupid.

When they opened up Caspian Border to everyone this past weekend, to those that weren't sharing a password or using the chrome exploit, Everyone had the missiles and flares by the end.

If people are unlocking these things in the period of a weekend, it's not the disaster these last few posts make it out to be. People earn them and then continue enjoying the game. Holding off on instant gratification isn't always a bad thing.

Holding off on instant gratification isn't always a bad thing.

Unless you're an old school gamer like me and become more and more pissed off at games that locked more and more things to keep the kiddies playing. Only so much I'm willign to accept in the unlocks department and frankly I think BF3 may have cross the line for me.

I have a gut feeling we are going to see more stats padding and cheating than any previous BF game combined. They are creating a much greater demand for it in BF3.

I still say give us a $10 unlock all option. I'd pay it to play the game like the old days. Unranked will have the ability to use all the unlocks but sadly they are never populated.

• Upvote 1

When they opened up Caspian Border to everyone this past weekend, to those that weren't sharing a password or using the chrome exploit, Everyone had the missiles and flares by the end.

If people are unlocking these things in the period of a weekend, it's not the disaster these last few posts make it out to be. People earn them and then continue enjoying the game. Holding off on instant gratification isn't always a bad thing.

Who cares about instant gratification? All I care about is having a balanced game. I didn't see any jet or any vehicle unlocks for BF2 and that game turned out pretty damn good..

As for your early caspian theory, guess what, most of us were crashing after every round therefore we would lose our stats. So again... before caspian was 100% legal to play, I was facing jets with flares, misses, fire extinguishers, while I had THE MIGHTY PEA-SHOOTER CANNON!!!1111

Edited by Jaythegreat1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRhw9MHJZeo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRhw9MHJZeo&hd=1

for Maydax or whoever is kind enough to embed for me tongue.gif

While not the same jets, the A10's seem to be doing fine with their basic "Mighty Pea Shooters" and none of that fancy heat seaking mischief you want the jets to come with from the get go. We're going to have to agree to disagree here, but my opinion is that the BF3 unlock progression system is fine as is, with the starting levels of vehicles and kits alike.

Eventually you'll be able to unlock heatseakers and guided missiles for them too, and when that happens instead of everyone crying about how long it took for them to get there it'll be crying about how much they are used. There are much bigger fish to fry in the battlefield world than the time you'll have to put in to unlock something. Like proper PB integration! and proper server administration tools.

Edited by MaydaX
  • Upvote 1

While not the same jets, the A10's seem to be doing fine with their basic "Mighty Pea Shooters" and none of that fancy heat seaking mischief you want the jets to come with from the get go. We're going to have to agree to disagree here, but my opinion is that the BF3 unlock progression system is fine as is, with the starting levels of vehicles and kits alike.

Eventually you'll be able to unlock heatseakers and guided missiles for them too, and when that happens instead of everyone crying about how long it took for them to get there it'll be crying about how much they are used. There are much bigger fish to fry in the battlefield world than the time you'll have to put in to unlock something. Like proper PB integration! and proper server administration tools.

Hmm... Ok.

propaganda-for-sheeple.jpg

There are much bigger fish to fry in the battlefield world than the time you'll have to put in to unlock something. Like proper PB integration! and proper server administration tools.

+1 for admin tools.

Talk about people (here at PBbans who seem to be in a position to know better) wasting keystrokes about unlock progression? funny.

As I said three pages earlier, some ppl just want to bitch - for various reasons. If hes said hes going to save his $60, then good for him. Just wish those making such prideful proclamations about not supporting this game or that game, would stop posting here and fill their HOS (or other personal favorite) game thread, on how much better their game is. For some, pointing out the obvious is easy, but whats the point? Thing is, while some "experienced gamers" are whining about unlocks, not a peep about what we server admins need to properly run our servers, which is why we are here, right?

butt

• Upvote 1

There are much bigger fish to fry in the battlefield world than the time you'll have to put in to unlock something. Like proper PB integration! and proper server administration tools.

But think about the resources used to make, operate and maintain the stats systems yet we have to rely on 3rd parties to make admin tools. I would love to see a true GUI admin interface in-game with drag and drop functionality and more. But in the case of BC2, MoH and BF3 you can't even run anything on the server and all admin tools have to be hosted off site. Least BF2 had server modules and others like the Source engine have server plugins.

Talk about people (here at PBbans who seem to be in a position to know better) wasting keystrokes about unlock progression? funny.

Thing is, while some "experienced gamers" are whining about unlocks, not a peep about what we server admins need to properly run our servers, which is why we are here, right?

A lot of the "experienced gamers" are the ones running the sites like PBBans, major gaming communities, podcasts and others. If we are not happy with the games coming out then there is really no reason for us to continue devoting our free time to support those new games. Jockyitch hanging up his mic for BashandSlash was a good example of that.

There are a lot of other dedicated groups that make admin tools for games already such as BF3CC, Procon, B3 and many more. We don't have any control over PB integration. All we can do is test, make suggestions (Which I have done) and hope a dev makes the changes / fixes. And that's providing a developer even listens.

Last i checked this is the "Gamers Sanctuary - Discussions for any game." forum which is for talking about anything game related good or bad.

• Upvote 2