Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Where's the theory gone that parents should teach their youngsters right and wrong? Why should it be everyone else's responsibility?

the right is whatever you can get away with and the wrong is what you get caught doing by someone that will do something about it

seems that is what is being taught

Does anybody know if they will be going with the same number of flags for the B2K map pack as they were in BF2 or am I going to have to play on a greatly reduced map like all the other crappy ones they seem to be coming out with these days

Has anybody else deal with people who can take out 4 or more people without taking any damage. I've watched 1 guy take out 6 people including me with the knife, and we were all shooting at him at the same time and hitting him yet when the kill cam showed up it showed him at 100%. It happened multiple times including yesterday and I have heard other people on my friends list who were in the xbox party say that they had the same problems and that the guy had some invincible glitch.

Please fix this bullshit, I don't have problems getting kills but when people get more then 30 kills to 1 death because of this glitch, this glitch is a game ruine.

Have seen it on xbox 360 but don't know about the PC

Has anybody else deal with people who can take out 4 or more people without taking any damage. I've watched 1 guy take out 6 people including me with the knife, and we were all shooting at him at the same time and hitting him yet when the kill cam showed up it showed him at 100%. It happened multiple times including yesterday and I have heard other people on my friends list who were in the xbox party say that they had the same problems and that the guy had some invincible glitch.

Please fix this bullshit, I don't have problems getting kills but when people get more then 30 kills to 1 death because of this glitch, this glitch is a game ruine.

Have seen it on xbox 360 but don't know about the PC

Why aim that at us :unsure:

If you have conclusive proof of such a glitch contact EA/DICE and point it out.

I have never come across anything remotely like this when in game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjTmieRMKjo

10 all-new Assignments extend the persistence

The Back to Karkand expansion pack is much more than just maps. We are also adding a new layer of persistence in the form of ten Assignments. These will be tracked no matter if you play a base game map or expansion pack map, and add a new way to unlock things in the game.

Let

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjTmieRMKjo

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/11/18/Strike-at-Karkand-Gameplay.aspx

Oh joy even more unlocks. Is it too much to ask for fewer unlocks and better gameplay. Damn MMOFPS crap. May as well buy World of Warcraft and be done with it.

If that's all you have to say after watching that video, I feel sorry for you. It really is a pity you can't enjoy how far this franchise has come, because you have to unlock weapons.

Pretty spot on for the Singleplayer campaign, was the most scripted single player I've ever played. Think DICE spent all their time getting Glenn Morshower's balding head just right, and none on actually creating a campaign worth playing.

Though I'm pretty happy about the multiplayer.

If that's all you have to say after watching that video, I feel sorry for you. It really is a pity you can't enjoy how far this franchise has come, because you have to unlock weapons.

As a long time PC gamer, it's nothing special to the FPS genre for me. Just a game with fancy graphics and 1001 unlocks. The excessive unlocks are only a small part of my dislike for BF3.

My list of issues / lack of features:

- No ping on the scoreboard (Even cod on consoles has ping bars)

- spawn system is horrible for TDM

- netcode is poor (lot of hide behind cover for almost a full second then suddenly die)

- get stuck of the smallest of objects (often debris

- no spectator mode (much harder to verify cheaters)

- increasing number fo M302 and Mortar spam as people unlock them.

- tactical noob light (getting nerfed, will see if it's any better)

- spawn system putting you at the start of the map when trying to auto-deploy to an unavailable point (ex squad mate that died).

- Graphics bugs (

, Vid #2, Vid #3)

- increasing lack of teamwork in objective gametypes (many won't even shoot down a spotted MAV flying next to them)

- no punkbuster integration into the game console.

- battlelog server browser limit (hard to sort by ping and player count with a short list)

- no reason displayed when kicked (pb outdated etc)

- the weapon customization system is not designed to make quick selections (prefer custom classes like cod)

- excessive bloom. It's whitewashed.

- blue color grading makes textures bend into each other.

That's the ones I can think of right now. I'm sure there are more.

- get stuck of the smallest of objects (often debris < 6 inches high)

That's a pet hate of mine. I always seem to get hook up or can't step over a 6 inch boulder - totally detracts from the game.

I know in BC2 you can't view the scoreboard when dead - is it the same for BF3?

Major client update for the PC version Battlefield 3 as well as a server-side update for all platforms.

The update will be made on Nov. 22nd 7:00 AM UTC / Nov. 21st 11:00 PM PST.

We

^Yeah, i saw that. No mention of fixes to the QM system. No mention of fixes to staying connected to back end.

Canceled one server, dropped another by half the slot count. Bc2 deja vu. Ya really got to feel for those that went dedicated, and are paying EA/DICE an excise tax for the privlidge of hosting their game for them...

EDIT: lol... it gets better. disable idle kick no longer available. Good job DICE employees... Want to help me cover next months server fees? Go here and click on our paypal button www.308os.com. While your there, might as well get caught up on some of the money you cost us on Bc2 server fees while we payed to host your incomplete game.

So we cant idle, and the quickmatch system is broke. So we get disconnected from OUR servers while waiting for quickmatch traffic that never comes. Brilliant!

Edited by buttscratcher
  • Upvote 1

^Yeah, i saw that. No mention of fixes to the QM system. No mention of fixes to staying connected to back end.

Canceled one server, dropped another by half the slot count. Bc2 deja vu. Ya really got to feel for those that went dedicated, and are paying EA/DICE an excise tax for the privlidge of hosting their game for them...

EDIT: lol... it gets better. disable idle kick no longer available. Good job DICE employees... Want to help me cover next months server fees? Go here and click on our paypal button www.308os.com. While your there, might as well get caught up on some of the money you cost us on Bc2 server fees while we payed to host your incomplete game.

So we cant idle, and the quickmatch system is broke. So we get disconnected from OUR servers while waiting for quickmatch traffic that never comes. Brilliant!

This is what happens when stats become the most important part of a game. Our clan had just started getting our server VERY popular and now we will be throwing our money down the shitter. Thanks DICE.

This is what happens when stats become the most important part of a game. Our clan had just started getting our server VERY popular and now we will be throwing our money down the shitter. Thanks DICE.

I can't believe the stupidity of this patch. Why not just use the same anti stat padding feature that BC2 had? Where you could play, but it didn't count without a minimum amount of people. Well, I guess I'll save some cash now every month on server rental fees. I won't be keeping BF3 servers running with this shit. Unbelievable. RO2 anybody?

Edited by GutshotYooper

This is what happens when stats become the most important part of a game.

This is what we got from global stats (In AAA games from EA anyway):

- Mods popularity dropped off drastically because the majority of players want to play on ranked servers which does not allow mods.

- Mod tools not released anymore nor can people mod the game without server files. Also the number of people making mods for these games has dropped as they have moved onto games that support them.

- Ranked server files were restricted to a limited number of providers at the start which eventually lead to no public server files at all. Don't get me started about the server file leaks while we still don't have unranked server files at least.

- Pre-round to start playing a game.

- Limits on various server settings. Such as the pre-round start number and idle kick time.

- Prevents weapon restrictions because there is the possibility of having your server de-listed. Bet some admins would love to disable the M302 or Mortars in BF3 right now.

- Limited number of GSPs allowed to host servers which means fewer choices that leads to cases like this

- Limited file access to the server itself and with some RSPs you can even get access to basic PB files including configs. Also has lead to PB streaming not functioning correctly due to excessive access restrictions on the server.

- Ruined teamwork as more people are interested in gaining the next rank or award. Also they don't wish to ruin heir K/D ratios. That doesn't apply to everyone but I see it a lot.

- The RPG style unlock system giving unfair advantages to the higher ranked players. You can't tell me this is not an advantage over a player who doesn't have it but it's OK because the developer put it in the game.

/end mini rant

I respect Tripwire for their ranked method. Anyone can host a ranked server (providing they meet some simple requirements) and allows basic mods to run ranked. Even Valve has global stats and anyone is allowed to host plus they offer Linux server files too.

The latest release (R9) of the BF3 PC game server introduced, among other things, an unranked mode.

At the same time DICE locked down some settings for servers running in ranked mode.

The most prominent ones were:

- PunkBuster is forced active on a ranked server

- Game password is forced off on a ranked server

- Pre-Round player count is forced 4 or higher on a ranked server (default is 8, but can be lowered to 4)

- idle-kick is forced on on a ranked server

Most servers out there run in ranked mode, and there has been a fair bit of negative sentiment regarding the ranked server lock-down.

It seems to be centered around these three things:

- 4 players on a server needed to get out of pre-round

- When in pre-round, players cannot move

- Idle timeout will kick anyone who doesn't touch the mouse/keyboard within 5 minutes

These three in combination are perceived as too restrictive by people. Particularly smaller communities complain that it is much more difficult to populate their servers than it used to be.

Most communities that do not have a large number of members get a good game started on their server by "seeding"; that is, having players hang out on the server - sometimes being idle/away - with the intent of attracting other players. This works because other players are more likely to join a server with players on it than an empty server. Before R9, the server could be set to start the round with just 1 player, so the seeding players could move around on the server and play the game. With R9, the seeders can no longer move. A single person could also seed a server previously. With R9 it is ineffective; other players will learn to avoid servers with

Adding the the 5-minute idle kick means that having less than four people seed is not effective, as they will get kicked out of pre-round with regular intervals.

Seeding is positive from a community perspective. More people playing on the community's server equals a happy community. Seeding with idle players is however negative from a pubbing player's perspective. It means that there are servers with players on them, some of which are idle for a long time. To put it bluntly, players that are seeding while idle are false advertising for the server. Seeding is still done because it is one of the few means which communities have to attract players to their servers. There are more people who want to run BF3 servers than is justified by the player base. Therefore, communities use any methods at their disposal to affect other players' to choose to play on their servers.

DICE is not particularly fond of seeding-when-idling as a method of attracting players to servers. This is the main reason why the idle-kick was forced on.

DICE is not particularly fond of stats padding either. This is the main reason why the game password is forced off, and the pre-round requires 4 players.

However, the combination of all the restrictions at once is too restrictive. We will not lift the pre-round min player count restriction, but we will allow ranked servers to disable idle-kick in Server R10. There is certainly more that can be done to improve the game in this area, but I prefer not to make any promises which I cannot personally hold.

So there. I mentioned Server R10. It will be a small update. We'll post about it here once it is available.

Personally I think that the BC2 solution is quite nice.

I'm not the one who would implement something like that, so I'm not going to promise it.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624758136826/

Why aim that at us :unsure:

If you have conclusive proof of such a glitch contact EA/DICE and point it out.

I have never come across anything remotely like this when in game.

I posted it on battlelog with all the other threads about it but I figured the DICE representative probably reads this thread too so it was worth the try.

DICE have released Server Update R10 v2 with the following changes:

- vars.idleTimeout and vars.idleBanRounds commands are now controllable on ranked servers

- Crashfix when a player is reviving another player

That's a quick turnaround lol