Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Can't say they were not warned about hacks.

The response to something I picked up on dated Apr 07, 2011, was along the lines of "dont worry, I doubt the validity of some of those claims"

Yet here we are in the beta phase with hacks already in use.

I find it quite tragic that cheat coders always seem to get access to what they need to provide their cheats, and EA/DICE can not even provide server file access to anti cheat site staff :shock:

Lets hope the PB intergration for BF3 is a cut above what we normally get served up because without server file access, to test and debug the streaming side of PB, it's in the lap of the Gods :blink:

And as usual, hacks within the first 24 hours.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8742/zkrfh.jpg

lol. yep. "as usual"

What else is new, right? Think of it as job security

On the positive side, should the promise of a fixed pb_ss be true, twits dumb enough to use such hacks will no longer be able to hide behind black/unreturned screenshots. ;)

butt.

Edited by buttscratcher

The BF3 Beta is now available to everyone. Login to your Origin account, click on the "Free Games" tab and download the beta.

Also, there is a competition by EA/DICE and Virgin Games:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/EA-and-Virgin-Gaming-Announce-bw-1183046992.html?x=0&.v=1

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The hottest game this holiday is giving out the best gift of all - $1.6 million! DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ:ERTS - News) and Virgin Gaming today announced the Battlefield 3 Worldwide Conquest Tournament to celebrate the October 25, 2011 launch of the highly anticipated first-person shooter. The largest console videogame competition in gaming history, players from around the world will compete online in Battlefield 3 for a chance to win $1.6 million in cold hard cash. The online tournament begins in early 2012 and will culminate with a live grand finale where the players with the best Battlefield skills will walk away with a share of the $1.6 million prize pool. For more information please visit www.BattlefieldMillions.com.

I just played in 4 servers for 4 different locations and all the games were laggy for me. The alpha was more stable than the beta is. I know one thing, I will not upgrade my PC just to play a game. I will stick with MW3 now, even though it uses VAC.

We are aware that a number of servers have appeared and are running game modes and player counts that have not currently been seen. Please try to remain on official servers.

Official servers run the following configuration

Max Players: 32

Map: Operation Metro

Mode: RUSH

Please avoid temptation and remain on these official servers while we work to have these servers dealt with.

Playing on those servers can cause your account to become compromised, stats to be altered or other issues to arise which may lead to having your account banned by EA.

If your account gets banned it does mean any EA game you have on your account would also be unavailable.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2826564925948154637/3/

After analyzing the data from our first round of closed Caspian Border tests, we have great news for participants in the Battlefield 3 PC Open Beta: the DICE team has decided to bring back Caspian Border for the beta

Killing me alot, no doubt :P

Good news indeed though, I missed the first round of caspian servers so will be nice to see more of the real battlefield tonight. w00t w00t!

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDIwNcAF7s4

Saw this posted on hypernia

Battlefield 3 will be available on ALL* dedicated servers!

With the release of Battlefield 3 we will unfortunately be forced to charge an additional administrative fee based on the amount of server installs and slot counts you wish to have on your dedicated server.

Below are the options we will be offering to all dedicated server owners:

16 Slots - $4.25/Month USD per install

24 Slots - $6.40/Month USD per install

32 Slots - $8.50/Month USD per install

48 Slots - $12.75/Month USD per install

64 Slots - $17.00/Month USD per install

:angry:

Edited by marrr

I think they really screwed up on having vehicle unlocks, why should I have to give up on having smoke just to have a coax mg. BF2 had it balanced perfectly and no person had any advantages

I think they really screwed up on having vehicle unlocks, why should I have to give up on having smoke just to have a coax mg. BF2 had it balanced perfectly and no person had any advantages

Hmmm, Isn't this vehicle unlock system different than the way BC2 did it. Right now I have the tank optics, smoke and coax mg, all at once. You just have to unlock them. How it's implemented on the tank, in the beta, is how I like it.