Logitech G5 V2

MaydaX

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/logitech_g5_v2

3015.1.0.jpg

Graciously, following outcries of many users, Logitech actually took their time and listened to their complaints. The 'Forward' side button is implemented back into the Logitech G5 V2; following the tradition of the Logitech gaming series extending all the way back to the MX500. Great addition in my opinion, the 'Forward' button is warmly welcomed. The side buttons also have smoother clicks than the original Logitech G5.

Another major change is the surface of the mouse. While the original G5 has a custom sprayed design similar to a building in Half-Life 2,

Logitech's G5 V2 resorts to rubber-like textured surface. Logitech claims it's not rubber, because the G5 grips performs better under sweaty conditions than rubber. The textured surface is done by adding bits of rubber-like material (Similar to its side grips) over the plastic shell to increase user grip and control. However, the gaps between each bit are likely to collect dust and other material -- which is our only complaint so far.

cool.. i didnt buy the other ones because of themissing forward side button lol still stuck to my mx510, but this one will make a nice 'upgrade'

Looks really close to my mx700 too, don't think i could go back to a wire though and all the new logi wireless just don't fit right. Using them is like typing "right turtle, 10" :D

• 2 weeks later...

Can't understand why they didn't put the two thumb buttons on the G5 in the first place. I had a Mx700 before as well and was a bit disappointed when my new shiney G5 came with only one! I've adapted and overcome but i mihgt have to think about buying one of the new ones!

I ordered a G5 and my son was very happy when a bog standard 1 button G5 arrived because I gave it straight to him (he needed one anyways :P )

My G5 V2 gamers mouse arrived a day later after some frenetic searching on the net, and it has lived up to expectations.

Binding mouse buttons to keystrokes etc was especially easy and I would recommend it to anyone, worth every penny.

• 3 months later...

One thing that has always annoyed me is that I do better with the chaep $10 dollar bargain basement low-end mice that are small & light. I've tried the more expensive "high end gaming" mice & they just make my hand sore. I worry one day they will stop producing the mouse type I use and I'll be stuck, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing that has always annoyed me is that I do better with the chaep $10 dollar bargain basement low-end mice that are small & light. I've tried the more expensive "high end gaming" mice & they just make my hand sore. I worry one day they will stop producing the mouse type I use and I'll be stuck, lol.

Sounds like me sorta :P I liked my old Logitech 3 button (scroll button) it worked great it was light and worked perfect..

I've got a Logitech G5 and some Saitek gaming mouse that i use now.. the G5 is nice but soo many buttons, some games i accidentally hit the wrong damn button and it does something i didnt want todo at the time :P

Oops sorry didnt mean to launch that grenade at your head....

• 11 months later...
well i Play with the Logitech G9 and its great. :rolleyes: :D

Thank you for sharing that with us, a year after the last post in this topic :P

• 7 months later...

In keeping with the tradition of late replies:

I use a Razer Lachesis.

Great for knifing in BF2142, and great for flying Hueys in Project Reality. :)