[COD MW2] No dedicated servers or PB

HSMagnet

Seems all threads regarding dedicated server were deleted from IW forums :P, but people are making new one's.

Seems someone is going to have allot of "deleting" on their hands if they want to hide error they have made :P

Edited by IceFisherman

Seems all threads regarding dedicated server were deleted from IW forums :P, but people are making new one's.

Seems someone is going to have allot of "deleting" on their hands if they want to hide error they have made :P

Lol, I had a page opened on their forums, went to buy some bread, I come back, click a 'dedi' topic link and woops : doesn't exist :lol:

What a sad state of affairs this is. The game makers are slowly trying to groom PC gamers into accepting sub standard console features, just to save a little money on developing a polished PC version of a game... a version which would sell more copies and give them a better return on their development costs.

This game will fail on the PC.. and fail hard. IW/Activision is going to learn a harsh lesson from PC gamers this time around.

I haven't pre-ordered it, so unfortunately I can't show my disgust towards Infinity Ward by cancelling my order. I have signed the petition though.

13000+ and counting. If even that many refuse to buy this game, that is near $1million in lost sale in just over a day. I don't care who you are, that isn't a dollar amount that you ignore.

Edited by injuneer

Petition signed as well.

I been following this since yesterday when I got my email from Ice Mans forums, thank you dude.

I read all the way up to page 38, listened to FourZeroTwo's bullshit, and posted at a few boards I belong to to help get the word out. I left a window open all night while I slept then came back to read more today and when I clicked "next" I got this.

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

WTH.............lol oh well. :P

I think IW haven't a clue exactly what they're doing cause in the end it will destroy them for PC. This crap reminds me of when Activision released Soldier of Fortune: Payback, everyone in the SoF2 community was all excited about it and a couple bought it told everyone how shitty it was and NO ONE I know after that bought that pile of dung. Although I do know a few that found .iso's of it and tried it for the hell of it.

Even if they back tracked now and somehow miraculously managed to shoe horn the dedicated code into the game, it's too late, the damage is irreparable.

I'd imagine the IW employee who revealed this information before the game shipped (and in plenty of time for the pre orders to be cancelled ... :lol: ) will not have a pleasant week in work .... :P