[COD MW2] No dedicated servers or PB

HSMagnet

Not sure how often VAC updates but they are delayed bans. They ban the steam account so if you cheat in one game you can no longer play any game online in your steam account that uses VAC.

Least IW is using anti-cheat and not pulling another CoD2 again.

Thanks MaydaX, it's a long time since I played CS so you kind of lose track of any new game information that's released. If they are going back to the VAC system then I do have concerns as I left CS because of the number of cheaters, I'm sure it's been through updates and changes since then but even so.

it is not going to kill the franchise

the PC market is a small percentage of their business and the PC people that know/care about this is a small percentage of that

Exactly. Its nice to come together as a community but we all know that shite-all will happen. IW are not going to change their tune, and people are going to buy the game anyway. We are the minority here, just a very vocal one.

I doubt anything will change by release. IW is not gonna drop IWnet and recode the server system this close to release without seeing how well it works first.

We might get dedicated servers in a future patch but who knows when that may happen.

I don't care how well IWnet works or doesn't work, I won't buy the game until they give dedicated support. I don't want a master computer telling me who I'm going to be playing with/against every time I want to join a game.

I've been following this story on another very active forum too. Someone there posted up a link of an earlier interview with Robert (402) Bowlin Here. This interview was dated Sep 22, 2009... only 4 weeks ago.

From that interview:-

Shack: By the way, have you changed the way multiplayer games function on the PC at all?

Robert Bowling: PC will be the same as it always was.

Shack: LAN support as well?

Robert Bowling: LAN support, yes.

Edited by McBain{TibeT}

thus it may be a case of bowling sticking both feet in his mouth ....again

no one will say that he hasn't been totally wrong before

he is a console guy and doesn't pretend to know/care anything about the PC end of it

he even said in the bashandslash interview that he didn't know many times

is it just a case of him being a loose cannon again?

we will have to wait and see

Im sorry i didnt mean to cause any offence.

I dont know German as my first language is English

so i only went by the subtitles and dont have a clue what there actually saying

but ill lold at the subtitles

Edited by daniel3009

im pretty upset with this...it looked like a pretty good game...not just from the gameplay point of view but the graphics stand point...i havent canceled my preorder yet as im waiting to see what happens...

Do you just know what he really saids?... This is not funny to some people.

It's quite obvious that the subtitles are to be read not what he says. If you really that aggravated over it, go report the 500+ other videos that parody that scene.

its a sad sad day

but lets not fool ourselves here

the 80 thousand and rising pettitioners

and the cancelled orders

yes its a big chunk of change to loose

but cod4 sold 14 million copies

do you think even if all 80 thousand cancelled their pre orders it would make any difference?

they will make tenfold that amount when they start to charge for online play like xbox 360 live

thats where this is heading

maybee not with this release but its where cod is going

the large amount of pc gamers will not hear about this in time to cancel their orders

the ones who dont play in clans the ones who have all 5 cod so far and want the 6th etc etc etc

they will still sell a hell of alot of pc versions due to this

they dont care about us one bit

its buisness they care about money thats all

Do you just know what he really saids?... This is not funny to some people.

I know what he says...Der Untergang is a great movie, but this is done in jest, just another internet meme. No offense is meant. :)

But back on topic, the more people that cancel the preorders, the more that IW/Activsion will feel it. Sure we are a small segment, but at what point does the potential profit from PC gamers exceed the cost of giving us dedicated servers (and Punkbuster)? 60,000 lost sales x $60= $3.6 million

I will also not be purchasing the XBox360 version either.

The mistake that IW has made should be felt all around....and not just on the PC side of the house ;)

60,000 lost sales x $60= $3.6 million (not sure where you was buying it as i live in the uk but wallmart in usa are doing pre order for 35 bucks)

peanuts from 14 million sales

and the potential they will get from charging to play online with the new system

if you think 80 thousand makes any difference to their sales think again

as for consoles well erm i would never play a game like this on console anyway

so i dont need to say i would never buy it on console

only reason i allow a console in my home is because i have 4, 8 and a 17 year old children

consoles suck scrotum for playing games like this

Edited by EasyT

It's quite obvious that the subtitles are to be read not what he says. If you really that aggravated over it, go report the 500+ other videos that parody that scene.

I think the original isn't offensive, it's essentially hitler going into a tirade about his senior generals being cowards/traitors after finding out steiner can't come to the defence of berlin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmkUlXp5sk

Also IW = Epic fail

Edited by {BFK}Brit_FK

$3.6 million is still a hit for them to take as that could have been money in there pockets.

why not just have both for this version of cod to let us see and try out this whole IWNET concept before ripping out the hearts of all the communitys out there , it would be bad enough to loose punkbuster never mind both punkbuster and dedi-servers at the same time

why didnt they just ease it in slowly rather than one big leap ?

Edited by daniel3009

hey guys, that youtube link (

), take it and re-post it on your own channels.

Also send a message or create a video telling youtube how you feel. This will attract attention and the more ppl know about it the more ppl can make their own videos and tell more people. More and more will sign and we will make our point sooner or later...

As it was mentioned earlier, I also believe more needs to be done, despite that I still won't buy it if they changed back to dedicated servers. Instead of being vocal as a PC community, the best thing is to spread the word and try to convince the console players to also give up MW2. Let the console players know that it was the PC community and gamers that made IW what it is today. Let the console players that many of the FPS seen in console games today are all because of what the PC gamers and community has done for the game over the years. Let them know that it was because of PC gamers and community that Halo is the icon for Xbox players everywhere. Each canceled pre-order for MW2 on Xbox 360 is one small step closer to victory. If we can spread this outrage plague out into the console market, perhaps they'll start looking at this entire mess rather than thinking it's nothing but a speck of dust on their table.

SWEET!!!!! That right there is what we need, major media outlets talking about it. Maybe X-play will take note and say something on national TV. Speaking of, I just went to G4 TV and got in their forum topic about this. It just started and it's small right now. How bout a bunch more people get over there and see if we can't make enough noise to get national TV coverage.

G4 Forums

Edited by AKA BANDIT