[COD MW2] No dedicated servers or PB

HSMagnet

SWEET!!!!! That right there is what we need, major media outlets talking about it. Maybe X-play will take note and say something on national TV. Speaking of, I just went to G4 TV and got in their forum topic about this. It just started and it's small right now. How bout a bunch more people get over there and see if we can't make enough noise to get national TV coverage.

link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6OMcLvFMPc&feature=sub

i got my friend to make this video

lol he didn't really know what to say but he did his best....he just learned about it when i told him...didn't give him the full story but told him about PB and steam...

he's going to try and post it on machinima also because he works for them to make halo videos, so if we have all those machinima fans that are going to play this game later on, we have a shit load of ppl with them.

Lets hope this gets a bit more attention also :)

Another thread with poll at G4 forums: Link

Edit: this thread is for Attack of the Show idea topics. Might be the best chance of getting this some TV time.

Edited by UTF_doctor who

Wow. That really is a slap in the face

"It's a little dubious. Some of the people complaining are complaining with their pocketbook."

So 100,000+ people are all GSP's now?

"Clans can set up private matches to do their training or what have you..."

You really think this is how clan servers are run? Turned on and off at whim? And when it comes to match time?

Ruined the CoD series, ruined IW's image and I hope it ruins their 4th quarter profits too.

Reported by a console fanboy. Still not buying.

x2

as well as matching you with players of your same SKILL

That made :lol:

What is that based on? Number of good games, rank, number of bad games, those give absolutely no indication of a players skill.

I love the spin control IW tried to put on doing this to the gamers (PC) that built this franchise. Just goes to show its not about loyalty, its about control and money. How's that for a big screw you fellow PC gamers.

I had to delay posting my reply here in order to read his BS post. I already posted my opinion of it there. VAC is not perfect either but there's no way to further enhance VAC like PunkBuster can (file-MD5/cvar checks/scans). My only issue with VAC is how 1 strike vs VAC will prevent you from ever playing any other games, even when you have a clean system. How are players who have been flagged wrongly going to appeal against that??? Can they guarantee it?

I hate their so-called match-making idea of grouping you with players of similar/same skill level. It's just pure BS and it never works. I can have a really off night and then the next day I get grouped into a game/round with a bunch of crappy players who don't know how to shoot a damn gun.

No matter how I look at it, they can still implement a match-making system while retaining dedicated servers. The whole match-making crap is entirely front-end and likely to be entirely client-side as well. Why not just work with just that and leave the dedicated server stuff to us? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I still stand behind the notion that the outrage should spread beyond just the PC communities. Everyone should be notified of how they are doing this wrong. The IW responses are half-hearted. They are not listening at all.